• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever buy a game due to its high reviews and hype and just aren't motivated to play?

Deg

Banned
POP tops my list. Kotor is another one. I see i'm not alone. Eternal Darkness, my list is long :p I dont bother with reviews anymore.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yoshi's Island for the GBA... bought it, played through a few levels, haven't really touched it since. I'm completely indifferent to it.

*hides*

fnmore1

Metal Gear Solid on PS1-
And with all the hype surrounding the GC version, I picked that up thinking
Id give it another shot, well, I got it- tried for a few hours-put it down
and havent picked it up in months- one day......

Deg

Banned
Dan said:
Yoshi's Island for the GBA... bought it, played through a few levels, haven't really touched it since. I'm completely indifferent to it.

*hides*

Yeah Mario games are better.

rastex

Banned
I played the heck out of Tenchu: Return to Darkness for the Xbox because I'm a major Tenchu fan. I then got to a really annoying level that had me stuck for a bit, and after finishing it I took a break. It's been about 3 months now since I've played it. And in the meantime I'm totally in love with Ninja Gaiden and am actually afraid I won't be able to play it...

Same thing happened with Hitman 2. I think I'm just taking a nice long break from stealth games after a long stint with Splinter Cell, MGS2, Hitman 2 and Tenchu. Super fast hyper action in Ninja Gaiden is exactly what I'm looking for right now. Man I just want to play it right this instant, God I love that game.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
assorted dozens. mainly rpgs and srpgs. which i keep buying even though i don't have the patience for them. i think my backlog at this point is such that i could never buy another game and still indefinitely have stuff to play.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Knights of the Old Republic, there are too many things to learn
especially when I for something simple yearn
my head is overheated, the sun is torching me
I just want to turn off the game, forget all the complex systems, and be free
maybe when it's colder up here I'll go back to the game
to properly figure out the reason for all of its fame

At first I felt this way about Riddick. But then I picked it up again and got a bit further, to the mines, and suddenly the game has turned into one of the coolest and most entertaining in recent memory.

Time Spliters 2 comes to mind. God that piece of mediocrity was so overhyped. Talk about a poor single player game. The game had some shoddy programming in it that was inexcusable,one in particular I clearly rememeber was the robot factory. It was the the cheapest shit ever,trading fire with those robots got you allot of frustration as their gunfire would miraculously hit you when you were hiding behind corners in the game. The rest of the game was clearly average though,goofy looking characters,off the wall and generic stage designs,totally overhyped game. It was all was hidden very well I may add by bullshit media scores and by some bizarre nasty freak fetish from Golden Eye gamers that wanted to create their favorite stages from Golden Eye. The level editor wasn't even that good either,it was severly limited. I still want my 50 dollars back from that turd. If TS3 bombs I'm gonna have a hearty laugh.

Top Bottom