• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever wanted to run your own Game Dev company? Well now you can! Look inside.

Renegade

Banned
Recently got hooked to this game. It's a text-based business simulator that's kinda fun. Basically, you're the CEO of the dev house, and must appoint managers, decide on games to develop and publishers who will push your product in order to get your company to profit. This game begins in 1984, and the accurate console launches and semi-accurate game launches but the sales are erratic and unpredictable. You have to plan for future and current consoles as well as manage the size of your company and estate.

Upload your score to the boards. See if you cna beat my first time score of 6,251 (Microsoft) :rock

DOWNLOAD HERE

It's freeware, so download now. You most likely won't be dissapointed.

Game Description:

GameBiz ia a FREEWARE Business game. Also called "hardcore Business Simulation".
Hardcore business sims is all about gameplay and not very much about nice graphics.

The game :
Gamebiz place you as a manager of a Company that produce software Games. The year is 1984 and to keep you company alive you need to compete with Atari, EA and many more. Deal with publishers, expand your business, choose the right platform like C64,NES,Amiga,Playstation, Windows etc. Choose genre like Action,RPG,Simulation etc. and much much more.

Can you make a successful company ?.

pilonv1

Is it just me or is this thing buggy as hell? Every time I get close to getting a new publisher it crashes on me.

Exis

The best one already came out and it was Sega GAGA for the Dreamcast....

I suffered through that game with my bad Japanese skills and man did it rock.

-Exis

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
pilonv1 said:
Is it just me or is this thing buggy as hell? Every time I get close to getting a new publisher it crashes on me.

That's just the..eh..."advanced negotiations breakdown" feature.

pilonv1

It's not just crashing there either. And I had a bug where I tried to port a game from the C64 to the NES and it created no income (but cost $8,456).

But it's already got me addicted. Trying to keep the C64 hype machine rolling along against the evil Eastern menace is great fun. Getting a new publishing deal is difficult too.

Top Bottom