• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evercade - Legacy of Kain Collection Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

Legacy of Kain Collection for Evercade features the two games that launched the classic Legacy of Kain saga from Crystal Dynamics. Follow the vampire Kain on a quest for revenge in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, and in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, the wraith Raziel seeks to strike back at his former master.Our second Giga Cart is available in September 2024, with pre-orders opening on August 30th!Legacy of Kain Collection: £22.49/$24.99/€24.99Pre-order: August 30thRelease: September 2024

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Evercade lol. What.

images

Last edited:

00_Zer0

Rage baiting title especially for those who do not own or have heard of an Evercade.

I get why most of Neogaf would trash this release, especially with a true remaster out there being rumored for current consoles and PC's(Soul Reaver 1 and 2).

I will not be getting this even though I own an Evercade. With the Soul Reaver remasters coming soon, and a superior way to play the original Legacy of Kain on PC(GOG release with mods) there is no need for me to go for this particular cartridge. These are most likely the original inferior Playstation versions.

I mostly use Evercade to buy physical cartridge releases of hard to find
expensive cartridges or arcade games.

The beauty of these cartridge compilations for Evercade is that they are just a glorified sd card and I can use a device known as an EverSD and dump contents of the cartridges and play all Evercade games from the EverSD on the Evercade console or take the rom files gained from official cartridges and play them through RetroArch on PC. Best of both worlds.

Ovek

7Member7
Rage baiting title especially for those who do not own or have heard of an Evercade.

I get why most of Neogaf would trash this release, especially with a true remaster out there being rumored for current consoles and PC's(Soul Reaver 1 and 2).

I will not be getting this even though I own an Evercade. With the Soul Reaver remasters coming soon, and a superior way to play the original Legacy of Kain on PC(GOG release with mods) there is no need for me to go for this particular cartridge. These are most likely the original inferior Playstation versions.

I mostly use Evercade to buy physical cartridge releases of hard to find
expensive cartridges or arcade games.

The beauty of these cartridge compilations for Evercade is that they are just a glorified sd card and I can use a device known as an EverSD and dump contents of the cartridges and play all Evercade games from the EverSD on the Evercade console or take the rom files gained from official cartridges and play them through RetroArch on PC. Best of both worlds.
Carl Weathers Friendship GIF

00_Zer0

The fuck is an Evercade?

The Lion King What GIF

...okay. I actually used google to find my answer. It's a hand held that focuses on retro games and emulation with ROM cartridges. Company is also UK based which is probably why I've never heard of it.
No, they have a console, a handheld, and soon to be bartop arcade unit with officially licensed Capcom games which looks kick ass. Plus you can buy all cartridge collections and hardware here in the USA via Amazon, or links from Blazes website.

NMuJrnu.jpeg

gMgMCpl.png
Agq0BFN.png

Btw, ignore the shitty wired controller that comes with the unit plenty of good third party wireless controllers (8bitdo, XBox etc)work out of the box with this system.

StereoVsn

The support Evercade has been getting is mind boggling. All these older developers like 3d Realms, Data East, Jaleco, Interplay and Sunsoft have carts that have all their classic games on them. It's a good device if you dont want to deal with emulators.
It’s actually very cool. I keep thinking about getting it, but wish the screen was larger / better and hardware was a bit more robust.

I just know though if I got one I would get half of their released carts, lol.

jcorb

I mean... I think Evercade has a neat little niche, but this seems like SUCH a strange call for an initial announcement. Particularly launching games on a cartridge that weren't even cartridge-based to begin with, just feels very strange -- like, if you're playing off peoples' nostalgia for the original games, those were on discs.

Good on them, it does seem like Evercade must be doing well given how big some of these titles they're getting are. Analogue is producing some pretty high quality reproductions(?) of older consoles that seem to keep selling out, so there must be a bigger market for this type of product than I would've thought. Kind of a bummer Nintendo wouldn't throw their hat in the ring, given how meticulous their hardware has always been.

Either way, *very* strange platform for the Legacy of Kain games to wind up on. I can't possible imagine this precluding them from doing proper remasters on modern platforms, but who knows?

begotten

Seriously what is CD doing. bring Blood Omen to modern consoles already.

It's totally stupid if they release the Soul Reaver Remasters first.

Last edited:

El Muerto

Gold Member
It’s actually very cool. I keep thinking about getting it, but wish the screen was larger / better and hardware was a bit more robust.

I just know though if I got one I would get half of their released carts, lol.
They also have a console with two slots. There's also the EverSD where you can load your own roms on it along with Retroarch.

StereoVsn

They also have a console with two slots. There's also the EverSD where you can load your own roms on it along with Retroarch.
Yeah, no interest in EverSD or the console, but I like collecting this stuff and would love a slightly more powerful, larger handheld.

It’s quite cool though how they are expanding the options and it must sell alright since they are able to do all these moves. Props to them.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I mean... I think Evercade has a neat little niche, but this seems like SUCH a strange call for an initial announcement. Particularly launching games on a cartridge that weren't even cartridge-based to begin with, just feels very strange -- like, if you're playing off peoples' nostalgia for the original games, those were on discs.

Good on them, it does seem like Evercade must be doing well given how big some of these titles they're getting are. Analogue is producing some pretty high quality reproductions(?) of older consoles that seem to keep selling out, so there must be a bigger market for this type of product than I would've thought. Kind of a bummer Nintendo wouldn't throw their hat in the ring, given how meticulous their hardware has always been.

Either way, *very* strange platform for the Legacy of Kain games to wind up on. I can't possible imagine this precluding them from doing proper remasters on modern platforms, but who knows?

I wonder how much these carts can hold and do they go up to PS2 Era Games

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I wonder how much these carts can hold and do they go up to PS2 Era Games
Not sure about the ESRB versions, but the PEGI ones stocked at the video game retailer where I buy some of my games are €20 a pop. They typically are collections of PS1 era games, but there are some older SNES and NES game collections, too. That's all I know about them.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Not sure about the ESRB versions, but the PEGI ones stocked at the video game retailer where I buy some of my games are €20 a pop. They typically are collections of PS1 era games, but there are some older SNES and NES game collections, too. That's all I know about them.

They should go up to PS2/DreamCast/GameCube/Xbox Era. I consider that Era the last great gaming Era. It'll be interesting if these hardwares and carts can go up to PS3/Xbox 360 Era eventually

Top Bottom