• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone laugh at Australia! Leisure Suit Larry banned there!

Matlock

Banned
Magna Cum Laude = "high honor."

"He graduated Magna Cum Laude!"

Edit: Damn, iJoel beat me with a definition.

belgurdo

Banned
Ghost said:
the subtitle is Magna Cum laude, im supprised it got released anywhere.

This has already been addressed, but even so, a title usually won't stop a game from being released (it'd take them all of, what, ten seconds to change it if need be?)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Oh i see, I wouldnt have known that meaning, for obvious reasons.

I just assumed it was a poor innuendo, seems its actually not so bad.

pilonv1

It's ok to stab someone repeatedly with a shard of broken glass, but sex & nudity are EVIL. Thank god for our stringent classificiation laws!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Didnt you ban manhunt aswell?

oh no wait that was new zealand, i always get the two confused.

(burn)

pilonv1 said:
Yes, graphic violence is allowed here. Any hint of sexual content = evil.

It's like that here as well. Even if the government doesn't block content, you see it in movie and game ratings where sexual content is judged more harshly than violence.

seanoff

does LSL have sexual violence??

If it has any sexual violence it is absolutely VERBOTEN in oz. GTAIII was rc'd for that reason.

Rape, beating hos after having sex, forced sex = NO.

Tortfeasor

In the end does it matter? The game is a linear series of "conversations" that are funny for the first 5 minutes. To break up the monotany you can play mini games such as tapper.

This game will suck.

pilonv1

It's not about the game, its about having a choice rather than an outaded rating system deciding for you because some irresponsible parents might complain about little Johnny seeing a breast. Yet they're perfectly happy with him maiming some poor innocent on the street in GTA.

Ill Saint

pilonv1 said:
It's not about the game, its about having a choice rather than an outaded rating system deciding for you because some irresponsible parents might complain about little Johnny seeing a breast. Yet they're perfectly happy with him maiming some poor innocent on the street in GTA.
Except that GTA 3 was censored (to what degree I am unsure). That aside, I agree wholeheartedly.

haha.jpg

xabre

Banned
It was refused classification because current the system doesn't for games beyond the MA15+ classification (such as R18+ for movies). Attempts to amend the classification system have been opposed by your typical family groups and vintage 50's conservative politicians with nothing better to do than blame your trio of games, movies and music for all of societies ills.

hirokazu

...i don't know that much about the game, but from i've seen, there doesn't appear to be anything that would warrant a classification above MA15+ anyhow.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
As stated before, if anyone really wanted to play it.. you'd turn into a pirate with a parrot.

Ummm... I just got a press booklet from Vivendi. On the cover there are two topless blondes fondling each other. The game has quite a lot of actual nudity and deserves a 18+ more than DoAXBV.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
hirokazu said:
...i don't know that much about the game, but from i've seen, there doesn't appear to be anything that would warrant a classification above MA15+ anyhow.

Oh, there is.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
SiegfriedFM said:
Ummm... I just got a press booklet from Vivendi. On the cover there are two topless blondes fondling each other. The game has quite a lot of actual nudity and deserves a 18+ more than DoAXBV.
Ho yes, I have some camcorder video of some cutscenes and it's very very hot. Full frontal nudity of the girls and all. If some people thought DOAX was already too much, I can't wait to see their reaction when they get to see that game.
Btw the game will be censored (black bars) and the US, but not in Europe. That's what I heard at least.

I'm not too sure I want to put these videos online...

Ranger X

Censorship is so off-track ANYWHERE in this world.
Children should see, learn about, appreciate and be incitated by erotism and sexuality WAY BEFORE violence and death.

My childrens will see tits before someone being beheaded i hope! Guys, what about your childrens? Just think a couple of seconds about that whole issue on a more global point of view and just imagine what it could give to this world if censorship was at the right place...

aku:jiki

SiegfriedFM said:
The game has quite a lot of actual nudity and deserves a 18+ more than DoAXBV.
If only the former game had the graphics of the latter, maybe it'd actually be worth playing. :(

Yes, boobies is reason enough to play a game. Yes, I want to try out the Guy Game.

Top Bottom