• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2004 Finals (SF, Tekken, SC2, VF4, GGX, etc) - Gamespot Videos

rastex

Banned
Thanks for the links.

And I think this just proves how much more refined and sophisticated SFIII is compared to all other fighting games. It really does stand alone as the best ever.

toohectic

Just a note.. none of those videos featured are the grand finals of EVO2K4. Most of them are footage from the top 8 (either winners or losers bracket), but not the grand finals for each game.

The Super Turbo and 3rd Strike finals were by far the best two finals at Evo. ST is greatness. Classic greatness.

Shoryuken

toohectic said:
Just a note.. none of those videos featured are the grand finals of EVO2K4. Most of them are footage from the top 8 (either winners or losers bracket), but not the grand finals for each game.

The Super Turbo and 3rd Strike finals were by far the best two finals at Evo. ST is greatness. Classic greatness.

Where could I find the videos of the grand finals for each game?

rastex

Banned
toohectic said:

I don't see how the Super Turbo match is particularly exciting. I mean the Balrog player was very good obviously, but the Sagat player just kept throwing fireballs, I mean come on.

Grifter

That's the fun of old SF, doing what works and everyone know the characters/counters. Sagat's a bitch tho.

Thanks for the links. Nasty matchup for Chipp vs. XX (non-#R) Faust.

toohectic

As Ferrio mentioned, the grand finals will be available on the Evo DVD which should be available pretty soon. We recorded directly to DVD this year, so our turn around time to getting the DVD released will be much much much shorter compared to last year. (and way way better quality!) Footage is complete and ready to go, we just need to finish up the menus and interface.

That particular ST match wasn't super exciting, but overall the ST finals were awesome. I know several people who disliked ST before, but are now dying to get into the game after watching the tournament finals live. Believe me, 3S's and ST's finals were the best ones.

ST requires hella skill. One mistake in that game and you are fucked due to the insane damage. And btw, that's the basis of O.Sagat's game... O.Sagat relies on a standard fireball uppercut trap. O.Sagat is leagues above N.Sagat. If you aren't familiar with ST, ST has both the Super and Super Turbo versions of each character. (O = Old, N = New) Despite missing a super, O.Sagat gains a much faster fireball with better recovery, a one hit DP, a faster walking speed, and some other general property differences. Most character's new versions are better, but there are a few where the original super version shines. Sagat and Ken in particular come to mind. O.Sagat is just plain dirty!

toohectic said:

BUY THE DVD

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
You mean no one else besides shoryuken.com recorded the finals? Damn I don't want to spend money on the DVD.

toohectic

Evo staff are the only ones with direct feed. The rest of the stuff is camcorder footage only.... but by attending Evo, one agrees (signed and dated) that all taping is for personal use only and may not be distributed publicly via the internet, dvds, etc etc.

In otherwords, buy the DVD.

Top Bottom