• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
All these "fuck evo without Daigo" posts are why I hate his fanboys.

Great Street Fighter is played year round and he doesn't bother to go to any of these events because he doesn't want people to watch him play. Gets peaced out in semis anyway.

I don't know where you got this idea that he's not bothering to go to tournaments, and on top of that, so people don't watch him play? The hell? It's like you think he lives in the US to go to every major, or that he has nothing else better to do.

Dude's been a tournament player for over a decade - why would he not want to bother go to tourneys or not want to be seen playing now? Don't believe everything you read.

Azure J

First day of EVO 2014 looks like the Omaha Beach scene from Saving Private Ryan right now. There are bodies EVERYWHERE.

Smug is eliminated?

Unlucky

Glenn - thegametwok ‏@gyt 1m
Tokido eliminates smug #Evo2014

Glenn - thegametwok ‏@gyt 1m
Bad tweet. Tokido already out via luffy

Glenn - thegametwok ‏@gyt 34s
Tokido was mming smug and won

Even Glenn making bad tweets. Now I don't know what to believe except what I see on stream.

Wait someone's seriously using a blue Dualshock 4 controller in P4 Arena ?

Didn't think the PS3 compatibility would lead to people using the Dualshock 4. I love the controller but I figured the fighting game community would never use anything other than a fight pad. Are regular controllers commonplace in non-Smash games ?

Not common, but several people use pad. PIE's Smug and Zeus, for example.

Tekniqs

idghrcz9xgx8qevlig.gif

man..the gif that keeps on giving

Kimosabae

Banned
Ricky and Justin doing well is of little surprise to me considering they're among the few top players that don't seem to be undergoing a character crisis.

Shito

I don't get why people are so amazed at all the big names getting eliminated: with such a great cast this year, we're basically squeezing some ~40 or more amazing players to only 8 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom