• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exorcist: The Beginning (coming soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

element

GodsTyro said:
I didn't even realize casting, plot, even a trailer had been released...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0204313/

http://exorcistthebeginning.warnerbros.com/ (trailer and more info)

...just saw the trailer..this shit looks scary...it might actually be good :p
Where the hell is the trailer?

oh, the movie was pretty much complete but WB didn't think it was scary enough so they took it out of the hands of the original director and gave it to a new guy. The new guy didn't just want to 're-edit' the movie, so he pretty much reshot the entire movie with a new lead actor.

Willco

Hollywood Square
element said:

oh, the movie was pretty much complete but WB didn't think it was scary enough so they took it out of the hands of the original director and gave it to a new guy. The new guy didn't just want to 're-edit' the movie, so he pretty much reshot the entire movie with a new lead actor.

I don't think the critiques of Warner Bros. executives should be a gauge for quality. They're releasing Catwoman, for crying out loud.

Dead

well not really...yet
ITS DIRECTED BY RENNY HARLIN.

YES THIS IS A MOVIE I WILL SURELY PAY MONEY TO SEE

GodsTyro

element said:

trailer's not on the main site? saw it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0204313/trailers

im sure its not gonna be some tricked out hitchcock sort of deal..or probly even as good as the first (cuz the first was the first of its kind)..however..as long as its B to B+ material in the horror movie realm, i'll buy it.

GodsTyro

DeadStar said:
ITS DIRECTED BY RENNY HARLIN.

YES THIS IS A MOVIE I WILL SURELY PAY MONEY TO SEE

Renny Harlin credits...

Land of Legend (2005) (announced)
Killer's Game, The (2004) (pre-production)
Exorcist: The Beginning (2004) (post-production)

Mindhunters (2004)
Driven (2001)
... aka À toute vitesse (2001) (Canada: French title)
T.R.A.X. (2000) (TV)

Deep Blue Sea (1999)
Long Kiss Goodnight, The (1996)
Cutthroat Island (1995)
... aka Île aux pirates, L' (1996) (France)
... aka Corsari (1995) (Italy)
... aka Piratenbraut, Die (1996) (Germany)
"Gladiaattorit" (1993) TV Series
Cliffhanger (1993)
... aka Cliffhanger - l'ultima sfida (1993) (Italy)
... aka Cliffhanger, traque au sommet (1993) (France)
Adventures of Ford Fairlane, The (1990)
Die Hard 2 (1990)
... aka Die Hard 2: Die Harder (1990) (USA: video box title)

Prison (1988)
Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master, A (1988)
Born American (1986)
... aka Arctic Heat (1986)
... aka Jäätävä polte (1986) (Finland: alternative title)
Huostaanotto (1980) (as Lauri Harjola)

...oh shit..that is pretty bad.

"Worked on Alien³ (1992) for over a year and asked to leave the project after not being satisfied with any script and wanted to do something completely different, and the next day was offered Adventures of Ford Fairlane, The (1990) by Joel Silver." :-\

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Apparently, the DVD, which should release pretty soon after it bombs at the theaters, will contain both versions of the film.

I'll just wait for that.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Site makes you jump through more hoops than fucking Barnum and Bailey, and the trailer isn't even up yet.

element said:
The new guy didn't just want to 're-edit' the movie, so he pretty much reshot the entire movie with a new lead actor.

Yup, because when I think "scary" and "primal, psychological terror," the man at the top of the list to pull that off is Renny Harlin.

(No, seriously, have you SEEN Cutthroat Island?)

Joe

i dont know i was going through the site and it seems like it might be good. the screenshots they showed were pretty sweet and the whole mood and atmosphere seems great.

teiresias

WB felt the first "version" of the movie didn't have enough blood and gore, when the director refused to change it, they basically started from scratch with a new director and filmed the movie over completely.

However, word is that BOTH versions will see a DVD release - now that's going to be confusing. I'm interested in seeing the first version to see if it has that Silent Hill like psychological horror thing going on, on top of, as was already mentioned, Warner Bros. execs aren't exactly the brightest people on making artistic calls lately.

Pattergen

Captain Howdy reports that Morgan Creek have prepared a new and improved trailer for "Exorcist: The Beginning" to release online and in cinemas as soon as possible, replacing the one that was released just a fortnight ago.

They have hit an unforeseen hurdle, however. A Warner Brothers source revealing exclusively to CaptainHowdy.com today that the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) have disapproved the new trailer for release, officially stating the footage is deemed "too scary for all audiences".

According to the source, the official document stated reasons why the trailer would not receive release approval, including 'blood on walls' and a 'white demonic face bleeding from the eyes'. It is not known whether Morgan Creek are fighting the decision or re-cutting the trailer to meet standards.

Source: Dark Horizons

Oh Noezz!! Even the trailer is toooo scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom