• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Orgun

What headsets do you guys use for PC gaming?

All I have is a desktop mic and it picks up all kinds of noise, hence why I only ever listen in with Mumble.

I use an Astrogaming A40 system. Well just the headset now, my mixamp died after several years of heavy use :)

There's vital headset info in this post:

lolzwvov.jpg

Shaneus

I have the Turtle Beach X41 headset and when using it with the PC, I'll just use a Turtle Beach BT mic... although I'm not too enamoured with the speaker quality of it. Might just stick with my Sennheiser HD-25 headphones wired via the X41 base for virtual surround and some cheapo mic.

ibpXhe5CqRZ6DN.gif

Congrats on the Championship and the great league F.V.

Just got the game a few days ago but haven't been able to install it or play it yet, I think I can finally commit to the new season once I've sorted some stuff out.

Oh shit, that's AWESOME mate. Thanks so much! RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS.

I'm sure we'll have space for you one way or another in our next league. Either as a full time or a sub :) I'm going to get a confirmed list of drivers for it next week since we have a few who aren't confirmed!

Orgun

http://i.minus.com/ibpXhe5CqRZ6DN.gif

Just got the game a few days ago but haven't been able to install it or play it yet, I think I can finally commit to the new season once I've sorted some stuff out.[/QUOTE]

/bow

Shaneus

ibpXhe5CqRZ6DN.gif

Just got the game a few days ago but haven't been able to install it or play it yet, I think I can finally commit to the new season once I've sorted some stuff out.
That is indeed a bloody awesome .gif. Well done!

Oh shit, that's AWESOME mate. Thanks so much! RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS.

I'm sure we'll have space for you one way or another in our next league. Either as a full time or a sub :) I'm going to get a confirmed list of drivers for it next week since we have a few who aren't confirmed!
Change in race times maybe? :(

Edit: Maybe in parallel run some kind of a TT league for those of us who can't make it? Obviously with set conditions per race (ie. weather, fuel, assists etc.) but could be fun. Or perhaps just have that as a "qualifiers" table with points allocated under quali conditions.

You're just not enough man. Crumbs manages it!

The timezone does suck for Aussies but unfortunately 90% of our League are made of Europeans and the time is also good for Americans who fancy getting up a bit early. Can't change it for one man I'm afraid!

Shaneus

You're just not enough man. Crumbs manages it!

The timezone does suck for Aussies but unfortunately 90% of our League are made of Europeans and the time is also good for Americans who fancy getting up a bit early. Can't change it for one man I'm afraid!
True. This was the one game I was determined to enter a league for, too :(

Lucius86

Banned
I never got a gif when I was champ - plus I was the better champ :-(

Sunhi, you continue to be absolutely awesome.

Bad news people - I can't make the mini-season event in 2 weeks - housemates birthday so I will be drinking from 1pm onwards.

Jibbed

That .gif is incredible.

I'm tempted to get involved if I can, used to play the shit out of Forza 3 and F1 2010 on my 360 with a wheel.

I only have a keyboard with me at uni though :( gonna be honest, I'll fail miserably with it.

Any of you fine folk up for practice tonight? Not done any laps on Brazil yet.

I'll see if Kyaw has finished the updated tables to do the post-race post tonight if possible.

Lucius86

Banned
Any of you fine folk up for practice tonight? Not done any laps on Brazil yet.

I'll see if Kyaw has finished the updated tables to do the post-race post tonight if possible.

Heading to gym straight after work, so it will be a late one for me, but need the practice as even I, THE REAL GAF CHAMP IN F1 2010, struggled at Interlagos.

Will it be your first outing as the new gaf champ?

iTpqF1s2mUZSu.png

ibpXhe5CqRZ6DN.gif

qualifying-resultssdlju.png

race-results63bnx.png

current-driver-standih5xzi.png

current-constructor-sxya4z.png

That's the drivers and constructors decided. We made it to the penultimate race - I think we can be very happy with that!

However, the fight now is for 2nd and 3rd. Orgun, Speech, Lucius and Kyaw could be having one hell of a heated battle on Saturday!

gragy10

What time are you guys planning on practising tonight?
I've not played since release week but would be up for jumping on for some unofficial laps if there's space

I'll be on in maybe 90 mins from now.

Also, this week for the post-race section, there's a bonus interview with Lucius86.

Lee McKenzie: It's been discussed over the last few days that you've seemed bitter about losing your title. Do you think this is fair?
Lucius86: You have to understand, Lee, that's it been a hard year for me. I've gone from the highest high of winning the GAF championship, to being robbed of not only that title, but my personal belongings and dignity.

Lee McKenzie: You're referring to the burglary of your London estate?
Lucius86: Yeah, I found it hard to focus this year having lost some vital components for my drive in that robbery and I was forced to replace them with lesser hardware.

Lee McKenzie: Do you think that if you weren't targeted in such a way you would have won for a second year in a row?
Lucius86: I don't want to say that because hard results are the only thing that matter, but Monaco, Budapest and India proved that when everything fell in to place for me I am still arguably the best driver on the grid.

Lee McKenzie: What prevented you from finding that form in other races?
Lucius86: The Red Bull factory has been working me hard this year and I've severely lacked practice time. I also feel like Salacious Crumbs has time and again forced me in to a position where there was no avoiding a crash.

Lee McKenzie: Foliorum Viridum and yourself are close friends - perhaps the closest in the league - has there been any conflict between you over the last few weeks as he came closer to, and then successfully, taking away your title as GAF champion?
Lucius86: Some people say marriage is hard, but they don't know the half of it. A real test of a relationship is here, in the garage, and out there on the track. We share beers together, then race wheel-to-wheel on the track, before occasionally showering with each other. I'm not going to lie and say it's all flowers and chocolates because it isn't, but in a way he's like a son to me. I still know I'm the best, and he's delusional if he thinks that in the next league he'll get the better of me, but I taught him everything he knows and I'd rather he got the title over someone like Orgun or Crumbs.

Lee McKenzie: It's been a tough year for Red Bull with your teammate missing more than half the races, and now you've admitted that losing the title has driven you to drink more than ever. How are you dealing with those demons?
Lucius86: (gulping down a Woo Woo) I'm not sure I'm dealing with it at all to be honest. Some days I just feel numb. I sit in my own disgusting mess, wearing my F1 2011 shirt and signed F1 2010 cap and drink the day away. You're the first female company I've had in months. Speaking of which that top is very flattering, Lee...

Lee McKenzie: Um, thanks. Anyway, thanks for your time, we better be going now.
Lucius86: (reaching out) DON'T LEAVE ME LEE.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Speech
3. Orgun
4. Kyaw
5. Lucius
6. Hardan
7. Salacious Crumbs
8. Phleg
9. Acrid
10. Kharma
11. Mana Legend

xx. Stop It
xx. Staab
xx. Omiee
xx. Fixed

(They would get priority since they were in this league and/or asked first. I don't know if they're in or not yet.)

If not:

xx. Animal?
xx. Ctw0e

So we have 11 confirmed, 4 possible ones, and 2 people who have shown interest. I'll give it a bit longer for those four guys to decide if they want in or not, then I'll let you know if there's a space :)

Edit: Although, that is a total of 17 people! So if you want back in, then yeah, that should be able to work if Animal didn't want a spot. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone, but it is 1am...

I got rammed hard on the first corner. Blame whoever missed the braking point!

I would love to play on, but timing is a massive issue for me.

For Saturdays if I'm playing rugby at home I can just about get home for 4:30PM but for away games I haven't a chance until April, but after that I can be about probably.

I'm taking that as an "I'm in!"

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Speech
3. Orgun
4. Kyaw
5. Lucius
6. Hardan
7. Salacious Crumbs
8. Phleg
9. Acrid
10. Kharma
11. Mana Legend
12. Stop It

xx. Staab
xx. Omiee
xx. Fixed
xx. Ctw0e

I'm going to PM the above four people asking them to post whether they want a slot or not in the league so we know for sure. I think we'll have a near full grid again, though! :D

Also, I saved Rambo today.

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Speech
3. Orgun
4. Kyaw
5. Lucius
6. Hardan
7. Salacious Crumbs
8. Phleg
9. Acrid
10. Kharma
11. Mana Legend
12. Stop It

xx. Staab
xx. Omiee
xx. Fixed
xx. Ctw0e

I'm going to PM the above four people asking them to post whether they want a slot or not in the league so we know for sure. I think we'll have a near full grid again, though! :D

I'm in!

When's the first race? I won't be available this Saturday unfortunately, but all Saturdays after that is mostly fine.

Omiee

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Speech
3. Orgun
4. Kyaw
5. Lucius
6. Hardan
7. Salacious Crumbs
8. Phleg
9. Acrid
10. Kharma
11. Mana Legend
12. Stop It

xx. Staab
xx. Omiee
xx. Fixed
xx. Ctw0e

def in, i just wont be able to make all races
subscribing to this thread so i know when you guys race.

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Speech
3. Orgun
4. Kyaw
5. Lucius
6. Hardan
7. Salacious Crumbs
8. Phleg
9. Acrid
10. Kharma
11. Mana Legend
12. Stop It
13. Staab
14 Omiee
15. Ctw0e

xx. Fixed

Staab PM'd me saying he's in too.

The schedule is as follows:

Feb 25th - Brazil (last race of league 1)
Mar 3rd - 19 Race mini league break (3 laps per track)
Mar 10th - Malaysia (first race of league 2)
Mar 17th - China
Mar 24th - Turkey
Mar 31st - Valencia
Apr 7th - Silverstone
Apr 14th - Germany
Apr 21st - Singapore
Apr 28th - Korea
May 5th - Abu Dhabi

race-bannerlhzde.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

A new champion was crowned last week in Spain as Orgun crashed out of the race, blaming "stuttering" problems in his engine, which gifted the championship to leader Foliorum Viridum. His scream of joy as he saw his competitor crash in to the wall was reportedly heard over 120 miles away and several cases of ringing ears were reported at the track later in the day.

As well as securing the title of GAF champion, McLaren were celebrating because, with the help of dedicated #2 driver Speech, they also secured the constructors championship due to Ferarri scoring no points.

Whereas TV broadcasts had previously only covered the top drivers, this week new cameras allowed audiences to watch the action of the midfield as well which brought the spotlight down on a close battle between Kharma and Hardan. The drivers were wheel-to-wheel throughout the race and were arguably the most entertaining drivers on the track.

Salacious Crumb also secured his first victory of the league with a dominating drive that resulted in him finishing a good 30 seconds before the rest of the pack. The Aussie has had a difficult year, but he finally turned his pace into an impressive win. He reportedly bought eight baby kangaroos with his winnings.

Despite the championship being won there's still a close battle taking place between Orgun, Speech and Lucius86 for second and third place int he championship. With a handful of points between them it really is up for grab and they're the three drivers to watch this weekend. Will team orders come in to play? Will pressure put Orgun in to the wall again? Will Lucius have a repeat of last year and talk to his fucking mate on his headset throughout the entire race?

As the curtain is about to fall on the first league, many drivers are looking towards the second league and the new blood that will be joining them on the grid. With a mini league and 9 more races ahead, there's still a lot of racing to be done before F1 2012 grabs our attention.

current-driver-standih5xzi.png

current-constructor-sxya4z.png

ibpXhe5CqRZ6DN.gif

I'm doing it a day early because it's my girlfriend's 21st on Saturday and I'm out all day tomorrow + Saturday morning. She's thankfully letting me race before we go out and get absolutely smashed on jagerbombs, though!

It's going to be a great race I think. We had some good races tonight.

Massa

Anyone picking up the Vita version of this game? It looks like a 3DS game but I'd love to hear how it compares to the main version gameplay-wise.

Lach

Damn, I just got asked to work on saturday next week. Probably won't take all day but it would suck to miss the mini-league.

Top Bottom