• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

Enco

This gun be goood.

ogxjwk.jpg

joshlee

blame space said:
am i the only one who wants to witness meltdowns?
no sir you are not, the same reason everyone blows 2012 up, us humans love watching disaster.

Although it'd be fun to watch a meltdown occur I have a feeling good things will come from today despite the fact that I really want google+ to succeed.

ultron87

I'm curious as to where this is actually going.

This quote from that hype article doesn't sound like it is going to be something I like:

Facebook’s goal is to become the social layer that supports, powers and connects every single piece of the web, no matter who or what it is or where it lives

It sounds like they are going to want you to direct all your web browsing through Facebook or something. Maybe they're making a browser?

Enco

ultron87 said:

This quote from that hype article doesn't sound like it is going to be something I like:

It sounds like they are going to want you to direct all your web browsing through Facebook or something. Maybe they're making a browser?
Yikes.

Scary stuff.

ultron87 said:

facebook OS.

Chinner

Banned
blame space said:
am i the only one who wants to witness meltdowns?
i was out walking my dog today when this guy tried to steal my wallet, i looked him in the eye and said "you're trash, so i'm going to put you where you belong" and then i roundhouse kicked him into the garbage cans.

10 minutes later the police arrive, the chief comes up to me and says "good job kid, we've been trying to catch this guy for weeks". i looked him dead in the eye and took of my shades and said "maybe if you werent in dunkin'donuts stuffing yourself you would have".

i went home and ate cereal.

Chinner said:
i was out walking my dog today when this guy tried to steal my wallet, i looked him in the eye and said "you're trash, so i'm going to put you where you belong" and then i roundhouse kicked him into the garbage cans.

10 minutes later the police arrive, the chief comes up to me and says "good job kid, we've been trying to catch this guy for weeks". i looked him dead in the eye and took of my shades and said "maybe if you werent in dunkin'donuts stuffing yourself you would have".

i went home and ate cereal.

chinner if you're going to write out a story like that it's very important that you include what variety of cereal you ate. this isn't fucking playtime. there's an important internet social event going on and you're giving me Boo-Balls on a cereal choice.

saelz8

Scoble: Today we are getting an all-new UI. One that everyone who has seen it says is freaking awesome. Well, OK, they use a different word than "freaking" but you get my point.

New UI confirmed.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
blame space said:
chinner if you're going to write out a story like that you need to provide closure on what variety of cereal you ate. this isn't fucking playtime. there's an important internet social event going on and you're giving me Boo-Balls on a cereal choice.

starwarsboo.jpg

Chinner

Banned
blame space said:
chinner if you're going to write out a story like that you need to provide closure on what variety of cereal you ate. this isn't fucking playtime. there's an important internet social event going on and you're giving me Boo-Balls on a cereal choice.
mini weetabix with fruit and nuts. reminds me of u :)

Fuck if this is like the myspace change. I just joined facebook 9 months ago and not until recently have I had a proper contact list (friends, bandmembers, organizers etc.)

Dragon

Banned
So facebook chooses two gay guys with two women to host. I find that interesting. Perhaps it's just a coincidence being in San Francisco after all.

Dragon

Banned
The Friendly Monster said:
If any stuff is US only it really isn't a big deal.

Yeah there are only 100 million people using it in the US. Not really a big deal.

Kudos to the preggo chick!

explodet

As someone who works on Facebook pages for a living, I'm either going to be all "I'm okay with this" or will totally go bugnut insane on all you guys.

I really don't see a middle ground. I really don't.

Fake Edit: The fact that I'm watching a keynote speech that isn't from Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft/Game Developer seems so foreign to me.

Top Bottom