• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Falcom President Would Love to Follow Up on Ys X Nordics with a “More Mature Adventure”

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
GR_aEuYaMAAPr2h

During Anime Expo 2024, we had the opportunity to interview the president of developer Nihon Falcom, Toshihiro Kondo.

We primarily discussed the recent Western release of The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak, the upcoming Western release of Ys X Nordics, and Falcom’s future.

When discussing Ys X Nordics, we questioned whether we’ll ever see a future Ys game featuring an older Adol, perhaps in his 30s. In response, Kondo said that the team is currently in the planning stages of the next Ys installment, so he does not know how old Adol will be then.
However, Kondo did admit that he’d love to contrast Ys X with a follow-up that featured a “more mature adventure.” Interestingly, he notes that this decision would fit better thematically for whatever they have going on, though he didn’t elaborate.

You can view the partial quoted exchange below:
Azario Lopez: Do you think there will ever be a Ys game that features Adol in his 30s?

Toshihiro Kondo:
At the moment, I can’t say if the next Ys game will have Adol in his 30s or not, but we’re currently in the planning stages of figuring out what that next adventure will be.

I’d love to do a sort of contrast to Ys X, which features a younger Adol (17), by following up with a more mature adventure. Thematically, I think it will fit better for what we have going on here. I don’t know whether or not it will actually be Adol in his 30s at this point.

IAmRei

Will he finally settled and married? : )) Maybe changes him to more adult than before, beard or something, and maybe he train new "adol"

ssringo

Will he finally settled and married?
Ain't no way he's settling for some normal life of marriage. He's adventuring and leaving lustful women in his wake until he finally departs to spend eternity with Feena. Or Dana.

IAmRei

Ain't no way he's settling for some normal life of marriage. He's adventuring and leaving lustful women in his wake until he finally departs to spend eternity with Feena. Or Dana.
I heard he is dying as oldman, while writing his book, dying naturally. I forgot where i read it...

ssringo

I heard he is dying as oldman, while writing his book, dying naturally. I forgot where i read it...
Paraphrasing here but his last known appearance is in his 60s going to the north (north pole?) and never making it. It's assumed he died on the way but it's ambiguous (on purpose). My fan theory is that's when he goes on this trip it's specifically because his "earthly life" is done and he's ascending to be with one, or several, of the gods/goddesses he's encountered in his life. The dude is the most seasoned adventurer ever having prevented disasters, saved countless people through his deeds and he's not out of his 20s yet.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
And Maybe he and dogi will finally get married...

Why do people ask such stupid questions. It's a game series , it doesn't have to do anything.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The only thing I wish is for some of his skills he gains from one adventure to carry over perhaps mildly into the following ones.

Especially with Ys 9 I just felt his adventure should have some sort of long term effects, even if mild.

IAmRei

Paraphrasing here but his last known appearance is in his 60s going to the north (north pole?) and never making it. It's assumed he died on the way but it's ambiguous (on purpose). My fan theory is that's when he goes on this trip it's specifically because his "earthly life" is done and he's ascending to be with one, or several, of the gods/goddesses he's encountered in his life. The dude is the most seasoned adventurer ever having prevented disasters, saved countless people through his deeds and he's not out of his 20s yet.
Yea, i kind of forgot he gone to northpole, i dont too dig too much in YS, i mostly go to gameplay in YS.

IAmRei

For disclaimer, i like YS, but mostly for gameplay. And this just rsndom thought. It is fine that the next games are just he adventuring in other else. Its like people who too serious in my random thought, jeez...

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Teleport him to modern day times and he has to work a 9-5. The real adventure begins now Adol.

"More mature" in falcom/anime terms just means bigger boobs and more teenage themes like suicide and bullying.
Or really bland basic takes like characters going "war is bad and makes people sad, oh woe is me!".

Top Bottom