• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
You're not helping my survival chances Wonzo.
magi111a.png

Firemind

Boku wa slender necks and big upper lips #3

Yeah Kodaka's in the Kyon-type observer role.
I sort of share your feelings regarding him not being particularly relevant at first, but he winds up being needed for various reasons (his sister being the biggest) and can't really just be deleted without breaking things.
Speaking as someone who usually doesn't like harem anime, the fact that Kodaka mostly stayed out of the way and let the girls do their thing with each other was a big factor in me liking this show. (Although maybe not as big a factor as Buriki's character art.)

If you want Buriki art, Denpa Onna does it a thousand times better
and has the bestest waifu ever to boot!

So that's where I've seen it before. I'm not a fan of his/her work to be honest. It's not bad at times, but it's wildly inconsistent and frankly all over the place. Or is drawing necks and noses this way supposed to be attractive to look at?

The necks are too long and thin and there shouldn't be that much of a gap between the nose and lips. I can understand it's cute or moe or whatever you want to call it for some, but it's not doing it for me. There is a line between chibi and unattractive art and this has crossed it multiple times.

That being said, episode 3 picked up the pace and repelled some of my previous critique of Kodaka. He actually does something useful this time around and shed some light on his background and past. Gee, I wonder who the hatted kid is. They couldn't have made it more obvious if they tried.

I suppose I'll continue watching it for the time being.

PS. Team Meat

cajunator

Banned
Boku wa slender necks and big upper lips #3

So that's where I've seen it before. I'm not a fan of his/her work to be honest. It's not bad at times, but it's wildly inconsistent and frankly all over the place. Or is drawing necks and noses this way supposed to be attractive to look at?

The necks are too long and thin and there shouldn't be that much of a gap between the nose and lips. I can understand it's cute or moe or whatever you want to call it for some, but it's not doing it for me. There is a line between chibi and unattractive art and this has crossed it multiple times.

That being said, episode 3 picked up the pace and repelled some of my previous critique of Kodaka. He actually does something useful this time around and shed some light on his background and past. Gee, I wonder who the hatted kid is. They couldn't have made it more obvious if they tried.

I suppose I'll continue watching it for the time being.

PS. Team Meat

The art is immediately recognizeable but Denpa Onna definitely did it WAY better.

cajunator

Banned
Oh, right. Some of you recommended Yami to Bōshi when I was looking for shows so bad it's good. Hm... what to watch.

I definitely recommend it. Its such a marvelous example of a studio trolling the everloving fuck out of an audience. Its really fun to watch to. Its a totally disjointed masterpiece clusterfuck.

cajunator

Banned
Man those people at shaft shouldn't be working as animators, they should be architects or interior designers.

I don't disagree. the architecture and interior design in Madoka Magica was AMAZING.
Regarding the roof, the original fence was too plain for a city as elaborately designed as the one Madoka lives in. The updated decorative scaffold fences were tasteful and beautiful and perfectly fit the feel of the show.

Jarmel

Banned
Madoka

TV vs. BD vs. Movie

And Sayaka's new outfit

That is stupid as all hell. That's just blowing off money to change shit that doesn't need to be changed. I would rather they reanimate fight sequences then do revisionist crap like this that serves no point.

So the protagonist is more of a dick in the books? lol
No.You have 3 girls ( and later 4 ) that makes moves on him and he seriously want to maintain the status quo ( just like in the anime ) because he isn't aware of why his campione position changes everything .
But don't worry ,
This stuff get solved in book Seven and all 4 girls get a place in godou harem and reach an understanding about each other place ..
The MC is never a dick , this is his gran father pimp powers at work

You people really are trying to get to OT2 before half the shows have a chance to air, aren't you.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that I'm one of the only people who regularly posts in this thread who doesn't hate Asuna with the fury of a thousand suns.

No i love asuna. Everyone is angry because they know the other chaacter can't match asuna skills.

Dog Dads' end
An inoffensive ending to a mostly inoffensive show.

I can't really think of anything constructive to say about this season. I mean it was pretty much just the first season with more characters and no main conflict. Just screwing around in the wonderful world of Floynard with its silly animal people. Hero king was a nice addition to the cast and Cou grew on me despite her jarring as fuck voice.

I'd watch another season of this, but I wouldn't be too broken up if this was it. I mean, it's not like there's really anywhere to go from here beyond more war games.
They can :
-Create a threat of the peacefull war games ( and explain about floynard past while they're at it )
-Expand the powers of the heroes toward the hero crystals
-Finnaly make shinku an adult ( beating nanami )
-More yuuki ( everything is better with more yuuki )

there is still enough for another season

Westlo

You guys are ruining this show before I even watch it :(

Wait what? You haven't seen Hagani yet? Get on that shit cajun.

That is stupid as all hell. That's just blowing off money to change shit that doesn't need to be changed. I would rather they reanimate fight sequences then do revisionist crap like this that serves no point.

Redrawing shit for no reason is just something SHAFT does.

cajunator

Banned
Wait what? You haven't seen Hagani yet? Get on that shit cajun.

Redrawing shit for no reason is just something SHAFT does.

Well I cant watch much today.
Its Sunday, and thats (American) football day.
tomorrow though Im definitely up for some Haganai.

Resolution difference between TV and cinema should be reason to enough to redraw backgrounds.
And nice that we still using "revisionism", it has a nice sound even it means something completely different.

duckroll

Redoing animation would actually take effort. "Enhancing" backgrounds on the other hand is just a simple subcontract away. That is the SHAFT way. :(

cajunator

Banned
Redoing animation would actually take effort. "Enhancing" backgrounds on the other hand is just a simple subcontract away. That is the SHAFT way. :(

I dont even see why they did it. The Madoka blurays look GORGEOUS.
There was absolutely no need to revise it further.

DiGiKerot

They can :
-Create a threat of the peacefull war games ( and explain about floynard past while they're at it )
-Expand the powers of the heroes toward the hero crystals
-Finnaly make shinku an adult ( beating nanami )
-More yuuki ( everything is better with more yuuki )

there is still enough for another season

Hmmm, I kind of feel that there wasn't enough Eclair this season, and the one Eclair character episode was way too angsty for an episode of Dog Days.

I'd still watch a third season though. Dog Days has a unique brand of daft that I find entertaining in an entirely inoffensive fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom