• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout: London total conversion mod is available now on GOG

Dazraell

After unexpected delay, Team FOLON has finally released their ambitious total conversion mod set in London for Fallout 4. You can get Fallout: London from GOG right now

The mod is available for GOG users who have Fallout 4 GOTY and Steam (although requires some additional steps like downloading the downgrader). Mod apparently won't work with Epic Game Store version

Singular7

Looks incredible, I'm in. I'm guessing mods will work that change non-F04 specific locations; I'll experiment this weekend.

Paasei

The mod is a mess, crashing constantly, dont bother trying this shit seriously
Doesn't crash if you follow the Solutions and troubleshooting. For me it was disabling the high texture pack. There's plenty of other things you can try to make it work.

Arachnid

Fucking finally!

I bought Fallout 4 specifically to play this, so I'm going in completely blind. We will see how good modders are at making a complete game.
Chime in with your thoughts so I can live vicariously through you. That trailer was amazing.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I wanted to download it because I thought it was a Fallout 3 mod. I only own Fallout 4 via Gamepass and the thing is not modable....

iu

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't gamepass games downloaded via the Microsoft store? If so, I don't believe you can mod them.
Used to be the case, but Microsoft will let developers distribute regular PC programs on their store / client now. The only issue is that the Game Pass / Microsoft PC version of games you can't modify the actual EXE file as it's DRM protected - so most mods for Fallout 4 that need a script extender won't work, and I'm assuming this is one of them given the extent that it's been modified.

Labadal

Does it work with regular FO4, or do I need to purchase GOTY edition?

Nvm, I'm silently insulting myself for such a stupid question.

Last edited:

bee

anyone have a link to the offline 10 part installer, I'll be fucked if i can find it and I'm not installing gog galaxy

Maybe merge with the other thread?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Is it possible they might update this to work on the updated fallout 4 version? I kinda like the mods I have right now. Feel like it'll be a lot to go back and redownload everything again.

Laptop1991

Is it possible they might update this to work on the updated fallout 4 version? I kinda like the mods I have right now. Feel like it'll be a lot to go back and redownload everything again.
You can't play both at the same time anyway,

A Polite Disclaimer

In typical imperial British fashion, Fallout: London will take over your Fallout 4 installation. Installing Fallout: London will make irreversible changes to the default Fallout 4: GOTY Edition installation. You’ll also need to disable cloud saves (as the save folder is shared between the game and the mod). If you’d like to play the default Fallout 4: GOTY Edition again, you’ll need to uninstall the game and the mod, and then reinstall Fallout 4: GOTY Edition.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

A Polite Disclaimer

In typical imperial British fashion, Fallout: London will take over your Fallout 4 installation. Installing Fallout: London will make irreversible changes to the default Fallout 4: GOTY Edition installation. You’ll also need to disable cloud saves (as the save folder is shared between the game and the mod). If you’d like to play the default Fallout 4: GOTY Edition again, you’ll need to uninstall the game and the mod, and then reinstall Fallout 4: GOTY Edition.
Oh wow, this is extensive then. I think I'll need to make sure I'm done with my current game then I'll try this out. Thanks for this.

Laptop1991

Oh wow, this is extensive then. I think I'll need to make sure I'm done with my current game then I'll try this out. Thanks for this.
I would of preferred it to be a standalone mod like Endereal is, i've just started a new playthrough of my modded Fallout 4, it's a little bit disappointing lol

Dazraell

Devs said it'll always be free, no idea why it appears as a giveaway on GOG
It's just a promo thing GOG is using to highlight the mod on the main page, they're just using the giveaway feature they built for claiming free games for limited amount of time. The mod will be available for free even after that time. GOG probably didn't wanted to create new feature just for that mod alone and linked it to feature they're using for other giveaways

Last edited:

tronied

Does it work with regular FO4, or do I need to purchase GOTY edition?

Nvm, I'm silently insulting myself for such a stupid question.
I actually tried this with my standard Fallout 4 steam version. I did all the downgrading like it asked and installed via GOG.

Ultimately yes it will work, however you'll have lots of missing textures. Missing textures appear in an ugly purple colour and really stick out.

There are also weird graphical glitches here and there. I didn't get too far with it but I imagine this may lead to potential game breaking bugs / crashes later on.

Instead I bought the GOTY edition on GOG and installed it on that and it worked fine. I also didn't need to run the downgraded either as apparently that's a steam only thing.

Works perfectly so far. I've been looking forward to this mod for ages, so spending 13.99 on it wasn't that big of an ask.

Last edited:

Gp1

A Polite Disclaimer

Not exactly, you can even copy your entire original fallout4 folder to other location and work with 2 copies of the game. (one downgraded with FOLON and the other with the other mods). MO2 is your friend in these case.

Last edited:
The mod is a mess, crashing constantly, dont bother trying this shit seriously
It's not a triple a game release (and even those are often a mess these days) but a giant mod for a game build on a janky engine. It takes some level of user knowledge and skill with running mods on bethesda games for it to work without issues.

Personally I have had zero problems with the GOG version of Fallout 4 and this mod. I did a clean install though and only have one additional mod loaded. Buffout 4 with some ini changes will prevent most crashes when running a heavily modded FO4.

Laptop1991

Not exactly, you can even copy your entire original fallout4 folder to other location and work with 2 copies of the game. (one downgraded with FOLON and the other with the other mods). MO2 is your friend in these case.

Well thats what FOLON stated
Yeah, I've already got 2 copies of the game on my PC because of the update and Fallout Londons original release GOG and Steam, I'm not letting Steam update so that's now 3 with 2 GoG versions and also renaming your save folders aswell 3 times lol,
and MO 2 is also the 1 mod manager I don't use, I know and use Vortex and the new version of the old mod manager,
It's getting a little over the top now lol, and while there will be a way, I'll play 1 then the other, most won't do all that, should of been like Enderal.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Gp1
Hows the role playing in this, ie the side missions and dialogue choices. No need New Vegas level here, just on par with Fallout 3 is enough for me.

Darko

Fucking finally!

I bought Fallout 4 specifically to play this, so I'm going in completely blind. We will see how good modders are at making a complete game.
I never played fallout 4.. or any of them..talk about going in blind..

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Just make a backup of your Mods folder or hell, entire Fallout 4 directory.

There are also ways to run multiple copies of Fallout/Elder Scrolls games using a mod manager.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I kind of feel weird about this since it is not an official Fallout game. Sounds like Bethesda is ok with it.

The game is kind of in a weird place because it is fan fiction.

Krathoon

Gold Member
It is like if some made a Mario game, but he is British. It is like, "Hey, let's not mess with someone else's property.".

Krathoon

Gold Member
Also, I don't like how this game clobbers your Fallout 4 installation. You can't play the original Fallout 4 anymore.

Is there a way to install it where it does not do that? Can you copy your Fallout 4 install and run that?

Krathoon

Gold Member
It sounds like it is better to just install a separate copy of Fallout 4 and install the mod on it. I don't know if it keeps it's saves in a separate place.

HL3.exe

13h in. This mod is impressive and amazing so far.

Lot of technical hurdles I had to fix;
  • Load times fix mod cause they where insanely long.
  • Buffout 4 to stop the engine from crashing.
  • Some CPU optimization tweaks because it not well optimized (which is to be expected in a free community total conversation)

Here's the simple optimization tweak I posted on reddit:

Top Bottom