• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout: London total conversion mod is available now on GOG

13h in. This mod is impressive and amazing so far.

Lot of technical hurdles I had to fix;
  • Load times fix mod cause they where insanely long.
  • Buffout 4 to stop the engine from crashing.
  • Some CPU optimization tweaks because it not well optimized (which is to be expected in a free community total conversation)

Here's the simple optimization tweak I posted on reddit:

Cheers, bookmarked this post when I eventually get around to playing it.

StereoVsn

Cheers, bookmarked this post when I eventually get around to playing it.
Yep, same. Will give this a shot in a fresh install copy.

Also, apparently you can install Fallout London through Mor Organizer which should make juggling different mod loadouts easier. It does take a bit of work, mainly into packaging London.

HL3.exe

Yep, same. Will give this a shot in a fresh install copy.

Also, apparently you can install Fallout London through Mor Organizer which should make juggling different mod loadouts easier. It does take a bit of work, mainly into packaging London.
I advise installing through their GOG solution, using the FO4 GOG version if that's possible.

Lots of instability complains using other methods. (I had some instability myself, CTD's every hour of play. But re-verifying using the GOG method solved that)

StereoVsn

I advise installing through their GOG solution, using the FO4 GOG version if that's possible.

Lots of instability complains using other methods. (I had some instability myself, CTD's every hour of play. But re-verifying using the GOG method solved that)
I was planning GoG version , but downloading and packaging the mod to be installed through Mod Organizer. Saw a few folks who reported success with that and it makes things easier with adding/removing other mods.

Did you have issues using this method? Not hung up on it, but generally I can’t stand modding Bethesda games without some sort of mod manager.

HL3.exe

I was planning GoG version , but downloading and packaging the mod to be installed through Mod Organizer. Saw a few folks who reported success with that and it makes things easier with adding/removing other mods.

Did you have issues using this method? Not hung up on it, but generally I can’t stand modding Bethesda games without some sort of mod manager.
Yeah I always use managers, it's definitely easier, but stability is the main issue right now and in this case the manager fucks with the ini files required to be configured in a specific way for FOLON.

Things are still not 100% stable (so save often) but it ok for now. Will investigate the manager stuff.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Thanks for all the advice H HL3.exe

But, technicall stuff aside, how's the mod? Does it have nice exploration and quests?

Trogdor1123

Sometimes I wish i gamed on PC
I did exactly this. When Sony upped the price of ps+ I said enough was enough.

I did the math on how many of my games I actually play, or want to play, compared them to steam/epic sale prices, tossed in the free(not just rentals like with plus) games from prime gaming and epic, and even just changing from ps+ I was ahead. It was an easy call.

My numbers are a bit biased though as 90% of my computer was free from my uncle.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm kinda hooked, ngl.

The same Bethesda loop, but with a more engaging combat loop. Ammo is scarce with makes sense in the setting. It's pretty tough as a result but encounters are more interested.
So it's more of the same, but better and more challenging? Nice! Thanks man, I'll make sure to play this soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tried playing this a few times and had it glitch out at different places before I even got the chance to save. I've seen the intro now five times, and after that just couldn't bring myself to boot back into it. I'm not sure if they'll be releasing bugfixes, but I hope so because it looked neat.

Only had one actual hard crash, the rest of the game-breaking bugs were like "go into this menu and not able to exit it" kind of things.

Paasei

Patrolling London almost makes you wish for a bloody nuclear winter, innit fam?

This mod has been great so far. Only had one true issue with 1 quest so far. Luckily for me it’s a known issue and easily fixed with a console command.

TheMan

So did you guys feel comfortable giving the downgrader your steam info? I’m hesitant. But, downgrading manually sounds like a pain

xrnzaaas

I feel like the game is too hard if you want a relatively relaxing experience in post-apocalyptic London. Both the ammunition and stimpaks are scarce and the prices the merchants are asking for basic supplies are insane. I manage to get around avoiding confrontations, spending more time looting, drinking water and using melee weapons, but stuff like that should be reserved for a separate survival mode or something.

I will say I am enjoying the world very much, feels much closer to home than an American setting (had a good laugh visiting FESCO market). The mod also looks very professional, I would only complain about the mediocre introduction in the lab and too simplistic HUD (although the Atta-Boy is even cooler than Pip-Boy).

amigastar

So i've bought Fallout 4 Goty and currently installing it.
To the people who have played London, is it any good?

The difficulty is unexpectedly brutal. Even on easy, at first you're better off avoiding combat.

Technically it's one of the best mods I've ever played, no matter the game. The voice acting is surprisingly good - did they get professionals to do it?

The references to British things are fun as here in Ireland we do share a lot of the things they reference (Tesco, Boots, Pedigree dog food...)

Churchill is the best boy and if he's killable I riot.

Crashes are unfortunately frequent. When I load a saved game there's a 50% chance it will crash in 20 seconds. If it doesn't it USUALLY remains stable for the rest of the game session.

FPS starts good but unfortunately deteriorates rapidly, specially outdoors.

Out-of-the-box support for UWQHD and 60+fps would be nice, but it's fixable. You can edit the inis for resolution but don't edit them for fps as you will break the game physics and the dialogue speed. Download the High FPS Physics fix mod in Nexus (Fallout London uses script extender by default)

Last edited:

FewRope

So did you guys feel comfortable giving the downgrader your steam info? I’m hesitant. But, downgrading manually sounds like a pain
It's really easy to do and you can actually do a second installation for Fallout 4 without London. I have one folder with the mod and other with another mod pack

Gp1

There's a recommended mod list in the downgrade folders.

Do yourself a favor and install the entire package + the
Fallout London QOL collection inside the Fallout4 Nexus mod.

It fixed most of my performance and crash problems + the quirks from Vanilla Fallout 4 (bad UI etc).

The mod itself is awesome. The quality and the poligon count of the maps are incredible when you compare it with vanilla FO4. And the mod has an Identity, I like how they force us to use melee at least on the beginning.

The main problem imho is that although most maps are gorgeous, some of them suffers from bad design choices to a point that it's difficult to navigate. And the introduction is weak, even with its "bioshockesque" inspiration.

That said, it's an awesome game. Better than vanilla FO4, and leagues ahead of any Fallout 4 mod that i played before.

amigastar

I want to play the game but i can't because it crashes constantly. Bummer
Edit: it works with an additional fix now

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yu wat m8?

707.jpg

Top Bottom