• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Family of Kidnapped Louisiana Woman Kills Abductor in Daring Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadHand

So the family can go to jail for murder?

Glad the girl is ok

Assuming the families story is accurate and he was stabbing her, it isn't murder. You can use reasonable force to protect other people's lives (as far as I know in the US, at least).

Hope they were carrying the gun legally, but I doubt there is public interest in prosecuting these people.

I'm okay with this.

Dude tortured a person. Problem solved when the family ended his physical existence.

I feel terrible for the girl. At least the ex will never ressurect to hurt her again, but she will definitely be mentally scarred. :(

bigkrev

Another person killed by a gun toting madman. And no one is going to call for gun reform after this one. Disgusting.

The guy started stabbing her because the family found him. Maybe nothing would have happened if the family had not interfered.

Haha so good.

Glad the odds weighted to the family side, and for once is refreshing to see a gun was used for a reasonable purpose

Rootbeer

Banned
Pretty fucking awesome. Talk about strengthening your familial bonds, too... nothing is gonna tear that family apart, nothing.

Cat Party

The man who shot the kidnapper has not been charged, and it doesn't sound like he will if the story is true. Shooting someone to prevent grievous bodily harm to another is generally an acceptable use of force.

Arcayne

The man who shot the kidnapper has not been charged, and it doesn't sound like he will if the story is true. Shooting someone to prevent grievous bodily harm to another is generally an acceptable use of force.

All is well then. OP's quoted section reminds me The Silence of the Lambs, without, ya know, the whole Hannibal thing.

Hopefully the girl will be mentally and psycologically okay from her ordeal.

JordanN

Banned
It wasn't until Friday morning, when Arceneaux's family members conducted their own search in the same area that they came upon a secluded, abandoned house behind a cluster of trees.

Damn. In my mind, I'm thinking of RE4. Even the "kicking the door" wouldn't look out of place.
iDUyZ1O6vdK5J.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom