• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal1ty defeated.. Rocket Boy pockets 1million RMB, job

golem

http://theinquirer.net/?article=19146

A CHINESE YOUTH demolished US games champion Fatal1ty today, walking away not only with RMB$1,000,000 ($125,000), but getting a job with Abit to be its PR spinner on the mainland.

Abit reckons that RMB$1,000,000 is worth an engineer's salary in China for 25 years. We presume Abit will be paying him a salary in addition to the US$125,000 he's pocketed.

Meng "Rocket Boy" Yang beat Jonathan "Fatal1ty" Wendell in a one to one death match at the Great Wall Shootout.

rocketboy.jpg

belmakor

It was Doom 3.

Not really a tournament though. Apparently Fatality just played against 4 different chinese players one game each. Any of them that beat him would recieve $125,000 and a sponsorship deal. Not really sure how well either of them would have done in a real tournament setting.

SKluck

Banned
Abit reckons that RMB$1,000,000 is worth an engineer's salary in China for 25 years. We presume Abit will be paying him a salary in addition to the US$125,000 he's pocketed.

Engineer's salary in China per year = $5,000.

WHA?

Did I miss something?

SKluck said:

Engineer's salary in China per year = $5,000.

WHA?

Did I miss something?

Abit is talking outta their ass. Where the hell did they get that figure from? It's true that salaries are lower in China but I highly doubt that a engineers's salary in China is $5000 per year. Also, it should be noted that in China everything from food to rent costs only a fraction of what it does in the States and they don't have any property taxes.

Matlock

Banned
Tea Master said:
Abit is talking outta their ass. Where the hell did they get that figure from?

Of the 2,287 electronic engineers surveyed, those with doctorates command an annual average salary of US$10,685, up 12 percent from last year. Engineers with master's degrees receive US$9,853, a six percent rise. Those with bachelor's degrees earn US$7,104, an eight percent increase.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040915/hkw001_1.html

Hey look, some close numbers.

Matlock

Banned
With $7,500 being the going rate a year for someone with a bachelors...uh, yeah it is. Plus the average is $10k, meaning that there's a lot above and a lot below. :p

Matlock said:
With $7,500 being the going rate a year for someone with a bachelors...uh, yeah it is. Plus the average is $10k, meaning that there's a lot above and a lot below. :p

The going rate is $7,500 for a bachelors degree and $10,000 for a doctorates degree. That's a fifty to one hundred percent difference from Abits estimate. Close my ass.

SKluck

Banned
So... could I like sell my house.. get a huge loan and run away to China with all the money and live like a king for 30 years?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
SKluck said:
So... could I like sell my house.. get a huge loan and run away to China with all the money and live like a king for 30 years?

.... No.

thom

I remember the MTV special with this guy...he didn't at all seem like an asshole he

actually seemed like a pretty good sport and was very polite.

Matlock

Banned
Tea Master said:
The going rate is $7,500 for a bachelors degree and $10,000 for a doctorates degree. That's a fifty to one hundred percent difference from Abits estimate. Close my ass.

That's not the standard minimum, bub. :p

PotatoeMasher said:
Fatal1ty is a douchebag... glad he lost

What? A champion video game player with a chip on his shoulder and delusions of grandeur cuz he can mouse look better than the rest of them? No..... :)

And I know this has very little relevance to the topic, but I just thought I'd throw this out here...

wwad.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What's with the Fatal1ty hate? I met the guy. He stayed at my hotel during 2003 E3; he was a pretty cool guy.

Top Bottom