• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite gun in Counter Strike?

beerbelly

Banned
I always equip with M4A1 and Deagle on CT and AK with Deagle on T side. Those are my (and most people's) fave weapons.

beerbelly said:
I always equip with M4A1 and Deagle on CT and AK with Deagle on T side. Those are my (and most people's) fave weapons.

I would echo that. Aug and Commando aren't worth the extra markup over AK and Carbine even when you have 16000.

miyuru

Colt. I seem to do better with the silencer, I just love the sound it makes :p

AK is really nice too once you get good enough.

Ferrio said:
Desert Eagle for me.

I use Deagle as my primary, and then switch to either the AK or the M4A1 when I run out of ammo on the deagle. It's pretty funny to see someone jump out of corner after I shot all 7 rounds of Deagle on his teammate just to be gunned down by my backup rifle that I switched to. :D

SKluck

Banned
colt is just the shit. When I want zoom, Aug is good as well. But the colt is just perfect, power, sound, model, they nailed it.

Terrors don't have shit to compete, IMO. When I'm a terror I just buy a galil until I can grab a colt from a fallen CT.

I've been finding the silenced weapons really effective in CS:S. It gives you a few more seconds on the enemy, as they work out where the bullets are coming from - or work out they're being shot at at all.

My fave combo is the silenced USP and Colt, but since I prefer to play as T, it means I have to buy the USP and find a Colt.

USP, M3, MP5, and the auto snipers are my favorite 'fun' weapons. Colt and AK my usual choices.

Ferrio

Banned
WHen I used to play all the time the autosniper was a such a piece of shit. Now in CS:S it's godly, what the hell happened?

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
SKluck said:
colt is just the shit. When I want zoom, Aug is good as well. But the colt is just perfect, power, sound, model, they nailed it.

Terrors don't have shit to compete, IMO. When I'm a terror I just buy a galil until I can grab a colt from a fallen CT.

Except that AK's are better long range and have more power. I'd say skill with an AK vs. skill with a Colt. The AK wins.

Hooker

crimsonheadGCN said:
http://www.steampowered.com/?area=product_HL2bronsilvergold

You need a credit to preorder Half-Life 2 and you get to download CS: S right away.
Yup

Hitman said:
Except that AK's are better long range and have more power. I'd say skill with an AK vs. skill with a Colt. The AK wins.
Both will kill with a single headshot. I'd say the one with the quicker aim wins

Small confined maps - M3 / P90
Large open maps - T: Sig Commando - CT: Silenced Colt
Pistol: Non-silenced USP

Jim Bowie said:
M3 Benelli. It's so good, and nobody expects it.

yep, one shot kills on people with no armour, 96 damage on people with armour at pointblank. As accurate jumping as it is standing. m3 + de is fun stuff

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Ferrio said:
WHen I used to play all the time the autosniper was a such a piece of shit. Now in CS:S it's godly, what the hell happened?

They decided to lower the recoil to godlike levels. I hope it gets fixed in an update sometime.

Sander

Right now it's the Colt. Previous faves throughout the years were MP5, AK and P90 (it was godlike in, I think, beta4). You'll never see me with a sniper rifle though.

Hitman said:
Is this true (the power)? I checked the stats you see in the console (ie did 113 damage with 4 shots) and the Colt and AK seem identical. A silenced Colt is much weaker though, so I switched to regular although I love the sound of the silencer.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Deagle, of course. The Scout is tons of fun and you can get a real good rythm w/ a stick and move type of sniping game, which I like. My favorite downlow gun though is the UMP, which I used to own with back when I was a serious player.

Ferrio

Banned
P90 (it was godlike in, I think, beta4)

Anyone here know a site that lists all the changes throughout the betas. I'm curious which version I actually started playing with

Aha, I found a site.

Looks like I did start at 3.0. Maybe earlier but I doubt it..

Top Bottom