• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF creator starting new company; Myst Walker

I really can't stand Nomura. I think the last straw was when I saw his redesigned Musashi. Who isn't even Musashi. It's just Sora in bondage pants and fuck-me boots.

explodet

This personally caught me by surprise:

0785109110.jpg

neptunes

Nomura = character designer (Manga)
Aman0 = Artist (traditional)

they're quite different and you really can't and shouldn't compare them both.

If I'm not mistaken Nomura first came to square as a manga artist when ff5 or chrono trigger was in development, I can't remember which.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Er, i dont think this has anything to do with the nintendo ff connection.

As for representing amanos artwork in 3d. it has to be cell shaded to look like watercolor. Amano is a master at watercolor and i know none(living) who are better with it. The guys not just a game character designer you know.

jett

D-Member
Kobun Heat said:
I really can't stand Nomura. I think the last straw was when I saw his redesigned Musashi. Who isn't even Musashi. It's just Sora in bondage pants and fuck-me boots.

Indeed. Who the fuck is that? That's not the Musashi I know and love.

It's worth stating that Amano didn't design the Final Fantasy IX characters, even though you'll see his renditions of characters on places like the instruction booklet. FFIX character design was the threesome Toshiyuki Itahana, Shukou Murase, and Shin Nagasawa.

The original main character designs were by Murase (Gundam Wing, FFTSW, Witch Hunter Robin). I haven't managed to find any of his original work either for FF9 or FFTSW.

explodet said:
This personally caught me by surprise:

0785109110.jpg
I've got all three books, it's quite a great story.

I still haven't picked up a copy of dream hunters, but it seems to cost an arm and a leg everywhere I've seen it.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Hey Joshua, I still have some on my computer, the Bahamut & Leviathan Knight and some of the classes artwork and the weird 'we-go-through-all-types-off-material' fish thingies. But I have no idea who did design them. This Murase that Bizarro mentions?

Top Bottom