• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFI+II Advance White Mage strap from Club Nintendo

I just got a White Mage strap in the mail from Club Nintendo (yay!) and am posting my photos here for folks to see. For those who want them, slightly larger photos are available at my blog.

Nintendo sent 10,000 straps out to gamers who registered their copy with Club Nintendo: 4,000 White Mages, 4,000 Black Mages, and 2,000 Red Mages. The White Mage is actually the one I wanted most, as the Red Mage sucks (the Red Wizard, he's cool, but before the class change? not so much), and the Black Mage has been more-or-less ruined for me by 8-Bit Theater.

strap-s.jpg

The strap is quite a bit nicer than I expected; the strap itself is faux leather, and the crystal, though plastic, catches the light nicely. The pixel art of the White Mage isn't just "suspended" in the center, but actually formed from prismatic distortions of varying lengths inside the crystal itself; the longer the prism, the lighter the "pixel" appears. The upside of this is that the White Mage looks like a cool digital blur as you rotate it.

crystal01-s.jpg
crystal02-s.jpg
crystal03-s.jpg
crystal04-s.jpg

miyuru

Yeah NOA seriously blows. Club Nintendo would get me buying way more games...

Or thinking up schemes to get registration codes.

B'z-chan

Banned
john tv said:
I won one too. I got the same one you did. Except mine is headed straight for the eBay bin...

poor white boy needs some Bling Bling and thats some bling i wish i could have. Your the devil and you temp me so....=/

Awsome none the less.

john tv said:
I won one too. I got the same one you did. Except mine is headed straight for the eBay bin...

It seems too nice to use and scratch up, and if I'm not using it, well, I might as well eBay it! Lemme know what you get...

Heh, I remember when I first saw pictures of these. I could really go for that Black Mage one. These are really slick.

Maybe I'll give in and get one off ebay if they're there. :p

Crazymoogle said:
Well, I guess the White Mage has more history behind it, but the FF3j White Wizard would have been cool too...

Yeah, but it wouldn't have made much sense for an FFI+II premium, now, would it? :)

JackFrost2012 said:
Yeah, but it wouldn't have made much sense for an FFI+II premium, now, would it? :)

Well it could have given a cool element of FF3j DS cross promotion...

Actually, one thing I'm surprised about is that the strap only has the famicom version of the White Mage. Is part of the figurecard inside the prism transparent?

Crazymoogle said:
Actually, one thing I'm surprised about is that the strap only has the famicom version of the White Mage. Is part of the figurecard inside the prism transparent?

?? there's no "figurecard" in there. look at the pics of the crystal from different angles to see how ithe image is made ... it's pretty cool.

p.s. go look at the pokemon thread k tnx

Ah, you're right. From some of the photos it looked like it was a black card inside the prism with the WHM printed on it, but on the second look, it does appear to just be the way light is going through the prism.

Bebpo said:
I got the White Mage one also...

Maybe they shipped the first batch all white mages?

I also wonder if they ended up delimiting it, as everyone I know who registered it has gotten one. ;) Maybe we're all just lucky gaijin.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Is the red one essentially the same thing but in a reddish hue?

I could be optimistic and think of logical reasons for Nintendo to bring it out here but then I'd only get worked up over nothing. :(

Top Bottom