• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Anyone giving away accounts? I wanna give the game a shot now that the root issue has been fixed.

I don't need the best lead but something that can clear the current events/quest would probably be helpful down the line.

Or should I just go ahead without rerolling? Don't know how important it is for this game.

Hop in. Rerolling is easy:
- You need to have 1 dummy (secondary) Facebook account
- So that you dont mess up, before you start log out from Facebook in the device youre playing.

1. Start game normally, play so long that you have 500 Lapis crystal and do summon
2.If the unit was some Troll Gold:
- Login to your dummy secondary Facebook account
- in game go "Menu" -> "Options" Facebook "Login"
- Start game again
- Go "Menu" -> Options" Facebook "Logout"
-> Game throws you to start, do tutorial again
--> Rinse and repeat

3. If the unit was awesome tier "Best" unit
- in game go "Menu" -> "Options" Facebook "Login"
- Now you have tied game to your main Facebook account

Code:
Units to look for in Global Beta:

"Best": Vaan | Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil | CoD

Noteworthy: Firion | Garland | Terra | Roselia
Useful: Cyan | Miyuki | Edgar | Shantotto | Krile | Vivi

Talaysen

No, it probably just automatically logged you into the facebook account you associated with. Log out of facebook and you should be fresh again.

I don't know about Virdix, but I don't even have a facebook account and everything seems to be saved after uninstalling. I assume it's pulling from the Google Play account unless it's actually stored permanently on my device somewhere.

Rixa

I did return some Earth Keys, first one gave receip for Shuriken.
Screenshot_20160519-195011.png
Screenshot_20160519-195120.png
Screenshot_20160519-194930.png
Screenshot_20160519-195858.png
1. Choker is obviously against confusion.
2. Dagger is piercing and deflects attacks?
-> Would be nice to know % chance to those.
3. Gun does fixed damage?

Pejo

What a shock. Lightning is the highest rated character in the game...

*rolleyeemoji*

She *must not be forgotten, remember?

I'm just happy Cecil is high tier (and I already have him), he's my favorite FF main protag.

Still hoping Jecht makes it in someday.

That brings up a weird thing I'm noticing, even in the JP release, there are some gaping holes as far as roster to some of the games. FF7, FF8, and FF10 are entirely missing, yet FF11, Tactics, and Zero all have representatives. Is this game still fairly new even to Japan?

Visceir

She *must not be forgotten, remember?

I'm just happy Cecil is high tier (and I already have him), he's my favorite FF main protag.

Still hoping Jecht makes it in someday.

That brings up a weird thing I'm noticing, even in the JP release, there are some gaping holes as far as roster to some of the games. FF7, FF8, and FF10 are entirely missing, yet FF11, Tactics, and Zero all have representatives. Is this game still fairly new even to Japan?

It's 6 months old and I imagine they are wall aware how popular those FF games are and have planned accordingly. They generally tend to strike a good balance between releasing something from a mainline FF game and then some collab stuff or something from a FF side game.

Releasing Lightning was a HUGE money maker for them and I imagine releasing stuff like FF7 will shoot them directly back up to #1 spot in the app store again.

Shouta

This is the current Tier List

http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit

Only 3 of the current 22 top Units Are in the Game Right now.

But don't use shadow...

I'd like to point out that this list is more of a kit evaluation rather than a tier list. It really doesn't take into account everything like whether or not you have a lot of Trust Master rewards or the type of battle you're in.

For example, Randy (the Secret of Mana protagonist) is rated 89 compared to Lightning but against certain bosses he's much more effective because of his "Killer" traits. He's also much more durable than she is because he can do a pseudo-Full Break and has better overall defensive stats as well.

I did return some Earth Keys, first one gave receip for Shuriken.

1. Choker is obviously against confusion.
2. Dagger is piercing and deflects attacks?
-> Would be nice to know % chance to those.
3. Gun does fixed damage?

Yeah i wouldnt mind seeing more research done on weapon properties

Jeffrey

so... i made the tactical error of evolving most of my squad to 4* at the same time and they are all low lvl and i can't beat a colleseum stage. Until i can open the experience vortex later today, whats the best map to grind in the beta?

so... i made the tactical error of evolving most of my squad to 4* at the same time and they are all low lvl and i can't beat a colleseum stage. Until i can open the experience vortex later today, whats the best map to grind in the beta?
http://altema.jp/ffbe/keikenchikourituichirann-2859
Some of the names might be a bit different are the EXP values be but you should be able to figure out what is what.

The field/explore stages tend to be the best but given you are low level and those are a lot of battles that isn't the best for low level characters so maybe Fulan Pass south with very members until you can get to a point where you can do the explore well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How do you look at Esper stats, or otherwise interact with them in any way? I can equip Siren onto party members (and use her ability in battle), but other than that I can't find any way to like, see what's up.

Pejo

How do you look at Esper stats, or otherwise interact with them in any way? I can equip Siren onto party members (and use her ability in battle), but other than that I can't find any way to like, see what's up.

It's a little menu if you scroll the "world map" "Colosseum" "vortex" section of the main menu.

Lol they hid the menu

Took me a few minutes too. Its in the main screen quick slide menu next to World, Colloseum and Vortex

So I'm wondering now if it's required to have a white mage in your party? I've been keeping Leah because she's the only unit I have with healing abilities to speak of, but I feel like she's really dragging my team down. Is there anything I can do to get rid of her and still get by in tougher dungeons?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I'm wondering now if it's required to have a white mage in your party? I've been keeping Leah because she's the only unit I have with healing abilities to speak of, but I feel like she's really dragging my team down. Is there anything I can do to get rid of her and still get by in tougher dungeons?

I dunno, but I didn't really understand the healing situation in this game and it's making me really glad i decided to stick with my Roselia roll. She's a healbeast.

Jeffrey

the menus is this game is hot garbage. The back button can be anywhere on the screen and I can never seem to remember where the quest menus are depending on which screen you are at lol.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Current content is only the first island. There isn't a need for a healer for anything in the game right now.

That being said the landscape will drastically change once this goes from soft launch to launch.

Would need to hear from a JP player to know how vital a healer is later in the game.

the menus is this game is hot garbage. The back button can be anywhere on the screen and I can never seem to remember where the quest menus are depending on which screen you are at lol.

OMG thank you

Its a great game but they have plenty to work on lol

Credo

Decided I'd pass on Firion after some awful 500 lapis draws to go with him and then seeing how ridiculously good Exdeath and Cecil were. I'm beginning to question that decision as I've gotten Fran twice, Russell twice, Rydia twice, Galuf, Krile, and a couple of other originals. Will it never end!?!?

Current content is only the first island. There isn't a need for a healer for anything in the game right now.

That being said the landscape will drastically change once this goes from soft launch to launch.

Would need to hear from a JP player to know how vital a healer is later in the game.

I've been tackling the advanced vortex dungeons and at the moment a healer seems to be the only way to get through. Story missions haven't been giving me any trouble, but for content of any difficulty it seems like healing may be mandatory... I'm wondering if anyone has developed strategies to integrate it into a team without needing a lucky grab on a good healer.

You min maxers

Im rolling straight 2 stars right now cuz fuck it

I mean I know ill have to replace them eventually but Im actually quite interesting in how many viable strategic builds there are and how many different tools and strategies we can use

This game seems to have the proper framework for turn based shenanigans.

Jeffrey

fuuuu.

for some reason I've just been assuming 'clear story missions' meant only new story missions that haven' been done yet and been mostly doing vortex the past week.

Missed like 200 lapis.... :(

Yu Narukami

I've been tackling the advanced vortex dungeons and at the moment a healer seems to be the only way to get through. Story missions haven't been giving me any trouble, but for content of any difficulty it seems like healing may be mandatory... I'm wondering if anyone has developed strategies to integrate it into a team without needing a lucky grab on a good healer.
If you have a friend with Edgar and chainsaw you only need him and the character you want to level up.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I auto battle the advanced dungeons without a healer. 1-2 shot each stage.

Healers definitely aren't mandatory yet but definitely something people should pick up and train for release.

Jeffrey

the 2* white mage girl is good to have around. Her LB fills quickly and its pretty much the only free AOE heal option in the game atm.

gaiages

Banned
So help me out a little with party comp please :)?

Current party:
Rain (4 star)
Firion
Edgar
Shanttoto
Terra

And decent characters on the sidelines:
Cyan
Mayuki
Sabin (??)

I don't have any healer other than Leah :)/), but I know at least Terra will learn Cura after awakening and leveling a bit more.

So two questions:
1. Should I swap anyone for anyone else? Maybe kick Rain out of the party?
2. Should I keep using lapis in hopes of getting a decent healer, or use it for slots and whatnot? I'm hoping Terra will get me thru some stuff, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Edit: Damn you phone auto correct

I auto battle the advanced dungeons without a healer. 1-2 shot each stage.

Healers definitely aren't mandatory yet but definitely something people should pick up and train for release.

Your party must be much more powerful than mine, there's absolutely zero chance I'd be able to auto-battle advanced dungeons down at this stage. However, with careful planning and use of my abilities I'm able to get to the end of each with guaranteed success.

Nobody pulled Anastasis yet? He has Cura apparently and is a free unit.

I pulled this guy, but his limit seems completely useless. Not sure if he makes up for it in magic, will try leveling him up.

TheExodu5

Banned
I dunno, but I didn't really understand the healing situation in this game and it's making me really glad i decided to stick with my Roselia roll. She's a healbeast.

Did you manage to get good spells for her somehow? I just have pray and her limit, which is alright.

Anoregon

Damn, the squid boss in Grandshelt Catacombs just wrecked my shit. First wipe or even tough battle I've had.

Did you manage to get good spells for her somehow? I just have pray and her limit, which is alright.

They are pretty much all I've been needing so far.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Has anyone on IOS used an Android emulator to purchase the starter packs? This method doesn't seem to be working for me either.

I did this last night.
Used Nox and my Google account to checkout.

Just don't claim the mail until you are on your iOS device.

Your party must be much more powerful than mine, there's absolutely zero chance I'd be able to auto-battle advanced dungeons down at this stage. However, with careful planning and use of my abilities I'm able to get to the end of each with guaranteed success.
I found the awakening material dungeons to be easier than the EXP ones so that is also a point that needs clarifying.

I certain can't one turn auto-battle advance EXP. I'm lucky if I can 2 turn each battle with magic.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I found the awakening material dungeons to be easier than the EXP ones so that is also a point that needs clarifying.

I certain can't one turn auto-battle advance EXP. I'm lucky if I can 2 turn each battle with magic.

Running adv exp is a waste unless you are short on time and want to burn stamina.
Running beg exp 3 times will net more exp at the same stamina cost.

If you have even more time to burn the exploration dungeons make the exp awakening dungeon useless entirely as you can get more exp per stamina.

Yu Narukami

Running adv exp is a waste unless you are short on time and want to burn stamina.
Running beg exp 3 times will net more exp at the same stamina cost.

If you have even more time to burn the exploration dungeons make the exp awakening dungeon useless entirely as you can get more exp per stamina.

No. BGN nets 6.5k exp, ADV 30k.
Fulan Pass is 1869.3 per energy, ADV is 2k.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
No. BGN nets 6.5k exp, ADV 30k.
Fulan Pass is 1869.3 per energy, ADV is 2k.

Are you using Japan numbers or actual global numbers?
I ran this test yesterday and found Fulan pass to be almost the same exp per stamina as the exp dungeon (but you also get tons of magicite and mats).

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to run the 3 dungeons again but I distinctly remember beginning having the best value of the 3 exp dungeons.

On a side note: it looks like there is already a hacked apk. :(
https://youtu.be/ggAQg8mUR_Q

Hopefully the iOS players get to be separate from the Android users when. PvP rolls around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom