• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem released on PAL zones !!! Late to the Party Redux

ourumov

The fact is that today I went to a local shop with money for just buying an old ICO I had saw (I am perhaps the only gaffer hasn't played it yet) but when I arrived to the shop there was no ICO there...Obviously it had been sold.
Anyways I checked if there was something interesting and I saw Fire Emblem GBA...Without hesitation I purchased it...

I haven't played it a lot but it seems a very interesting game. Having played FE3 (which I own on SNES), FE 4 and Traccia 776 it's not I was experimenting sth new but I have to say that after FFTA I hated the genre.
Slow strategy games are like herpes if not worse...and if there is no kind of story to help to overcome this it becomes worse. That's exactly what defines FFTA which would be a great game if it wasn't ruined by a system that is slow, sucks and nobody seems to like. A pity since the soundtrack has great themes.

Anyways this FE is an interesting piece from the gameplay point which I am not going to comment as you probably know. It's fast and interesting and gets you hooked to the screen. I have always thought this is a great point of the FE games. They have characters with personality and they are always well-represented on the fights so you are really interested on it.
However the fight screen sucks...If anyone has played any FE on the SNES he will remember the nice fighting scenes...It's not the same case in this GBA title...They just seem mobile phone sprites which I think it's a pity considering how talented is IS regarding character art.
The music kinda rocks but I haven't heard it enough...Anyways I hope I enjoy the game since it has been a long time since I bought my last GBA game (FFTA) and I was kinda dissapointed with the system.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I haen't played ICO yet either, its sitting in my room in shrink wrap still. Been too busy :)

I thought the battle scenes were okay. But I don't even have them on anymore unless I get a new class and want to see it animate a few times. it makes the battles even faste =)

AniHawk

I liked the story. It drew me in, and had me surprised at a couple moments. I can't compare it to the others in the series, but you'll probably like it.

Yeah the fight sprites aren't as big or as many colours. However, the animation, I think is a bit smoother in FE7. Still I'd the best of both worlds. The only other thing I should mention right now is that FE7 is very very easy by Fire Emblem standards. I wish the hard mode was open from the beginning.

Pellham

Banned
Yeah they could have improved on the SNES games' fighting scenes, instead they gave us something that from a programming standpoint was cheap and easy.

On the bright side, the Gamecube Fire Emblem title *should* have pretty nice battles, despite the fact that a lot of non-Fire Emblem fans have criticized the game for "crappy" graphics (bah what do they know).

Socreges

Banned
Pellham said:
On the bright side, the Gamecube Fire Emblem title *should* have pretty nice battles, despite the fact that a lot of non-Fire Emblem fans have criticized the game for "crappy" graphics (bah what do they know).
What do "they" know? When a game has bad graphics, I'd say. To me, the game looks alright. Very simple. Definitely any criticism of the graphics is fair.
However the fight screen sucks...If anyone has played any FE on the SNES he will remember the nice fighting scenes...It's not the same case in this GBA title...They just seem mobile phone sprites which I think it's a pity considering how talented is IS regarding character art.
Like Dragona, the nifty animation compensates for me, though I'd like the best of both.
The music kinda rocks but I haven't heard it enough...Anyways I hope I enjoy the game since it has been a long time since I bought my last GBA game (FFTA) and I was kinda dissapointed with the system.
More games - less disappointment. I'm not sure how the release schedule is in Europe, though.

Deg

Banned
GBASP is bloody busy release wise in Europe much more than their home console. I havent been able to keep up with GBA at all. I own 20+ GBA games but i need to still get old must have games still.

Top Bottom