• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 |OT| Kenny Got Fingered

Damn, I really want to play as
"Ninja" Bat
some more. Love the cloaked look. Ryuga is definitely my favorite, though. Super fast and has some really good crowd clearing attacks.

Still having a hard time getting multiple 3 of a kind scrolls. You level pretty fast but those damned scrolls are the grind. Probably should play online some more.

Edit:

Didn't want to double post, so I'll just edit this one.

The 3rd DLC stage is built for leveling. Unlimited enemy respawns and the stage has a 60 minute timer. Got a low level character to gain about 10 levels in 5 minutes. Great if you're having a hard time getting through certain characters Dream Mode stages.

Damn, I really want to play as
"Ninja" Bat
some more. Love the cloaked look. Ryuga is definitely my favorite, though. Super fast and has some really good crowd clearing attacks.

Still having a hard time getting multiple 3 of a kind scrolls. You level pretty fast but those damned scrolls are the grind. Probably should play online some more.

Edit:

Didn't want to double post, so I'll just edit this one.

The 3rd DLC stage is built for leveling. Unlimited enemy respawns and the stage has a 60 minute timer. Got a low level character to gain about 10 levels in 5 minutes. Great if you're having a hard time getting through certain characters Dream Mode stages.

I said bump the costumes and used my $10 Sony put in my PSN to buy the DLC stages!
Definitely going to get a lot of use with the leveling stages, my Shin needas more power >__<
So I was getting some pretty mixed messages from this thread. Some people saying the 1st game is bad, some saying the 2nd one is worse.

So I said F it, and decided to just get both. Here we go!

7bfmxPB.jpg

Hopefully you update us with your impressions somewhere down the line

So I watched some youtube of this game. . .

no more lovely FMV/CGI intro like in 1?

Cannot jump now! daamn. . .

According to wiki the Legend mode story is basically the same same as 1 with minor differences and same enemies/bosses Zeed etc. Addition of new story arcs, but it's mostly a rehash of 1.

No more interlocking story arcs.

PS3 owners can only buy PSN version in Europe heh, but it's still region free from USA (expect import taxes though :) ).

So I watched some youtube of this game. . .

no more lovely FMV/CGI intro like in 1?

According to wiki the Legend mode story is basically the same same as 1 with minor differences and same enemies/bosses Zeed etc. Addition of new story arcs, but it's mostly a rehash of 1.

PS3 owners can only buy PSN version in Europe heh, but it's still region free from USA (expect import taxes though :) ).

There's quite a bit of lovely CG but you have to play to get them.

As for the game being a "rehash" of the first, absolutely not true. About a 1/3 of the game is the story covered in the first, but everything is completely redone. From the stages, enemy encounters, cutscenes. All new.

I missed jumping at first, too. But the dodge is pretty fun and you can endlessly dash through the stages.

yeah, it's been replaced by a dash-evade function.

Kinda. It covers nearly the entire comic series so all the previous storylines from the first are covered again. The difference is they're not much(Much) more accurate to the comic, covers waaaaaayyyy more and the story presentation is completely overhauled.

All the stories for Dream Mode are completely new but are a big downgrade from the first imo(Previously they were crazy "What If" scenarios that could go anywhere but now they're just Koei's idea of how events prior to manga may have happened).

?

Just got the 50 hour trophy. Only a few more dudes to trample through Dream Mode with and after that, I guess I'll take the full dive into the online mode. I think I've only played about 3 matches online, so this should be pretty fun!

Here's hoping Ryuga isn't useless online. -_-

I really want SchleimanTank to come back in and give us his impressions of both games. Should be interesting!

Is it just me or are the Giant Hags totally modeled after Mrs Doubtfire?

I want to see them get fresh with James Bond.

benzy

I'm looking for the pre-order bonus manga costumes on the xbox marketplace. I swear I saw it before, did they pull it down?

TheWon

Banned
Fist Of The North Star 2 Ken's Rage Wii U version!

Fists Of Fury Tonight 7pm CST! Going for a 4 on 4 Team Match. Will wait to fill room, but if I can't get 8 total. I will recreate the room again for 3 on 3.

Search for room hosted by JodeciDeionThWon.
Also watch it live on Twitch
http://www.twitch.tv/thewonpmk#2035

So, I guess we're never getting those extra characters...

Anyone else still actively playing? Stopped playing for a few to get back into Trinity but started it back up tonight. Game clock just hit 70 hours on my end.

Amina, Han and Nameless Shura now available on PSN, $7.99. All 3 $17.99.Comic costume set now available for those who missed it. Guess I'll only be grabbing the 5 new DLC mission.

That DLC character price is pretty nuts.

Tizoc

Been playing this for the past few days and for the most part I'm enjoying it. It does seem much more simplified than the first, but thank god the pace is faster, I could not stand the sluggishness of the first game, ugh.

I would agree with some shortcomings or complaints about the game, but overall it's just fun slaughtering those stupid mooks, and the 'qte' finishers on bosses are awesome, like doing the Hyakuretsu-ken to a boss's face XD!

The Scroll system is boring tho =/

Tizoc

Just beat the game and I gotta ask: WHERE IS THE LOVE?! (No really where is that theme, could they not license it for the game or something?!)

Althane

Saw this in a GS, was reminded that I really wanted to give it a shot.

So, gotta ask, what's the better running version, PS3 or XBox?

Saw this in a GS, was reminded that I really wanted to give it a shot.

So, gotta ask, what's the better running version, PS3 or XBox?

The PS3 version has better load times. Not sure about framerate, though. PS3 version is variable with peaks at 60 but it's 30 more often than not.

Crossed paths with Tizoc today and had couple of good games. We need to get a night going for PS3 users to play the ever elusive team mode.

Tizoc

lol that's how I got rid of the scrolls I didn't want, but I figured that out a little late after finishing the main story mode.
I Plat'd it months ago, kept grinding in the Colonel Dream mode stage until I got the kills trophy ayayayi,,,

Top Bottom