• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flingsmash |OT| of flinging your way to smashing high scores!

Wii_FlingSmash_BundleBox_front_highres.jpg

164931-Fling_Smash_14-620x.jpg

Fling_Smash_19--article_image.jpg

So, anyone else pick up this game? I got it today and am up to world 5. So far, I'm loving it :D I can't believe that I'm actually enjoying an Artoon game!

After reading the reviews online on the major sites, I have to shake my head in disbelief at the absolute bollocks that they are spewing, especially about the controls (which work perfectly BTW)

Easily the best game Artoon have ever made. It harkens back to the days of the SNES where the gameplay is simple and high scores are the main course of the day. Really nice and simple fun (especially in co-op!)

Oh and the Wiimote plus is pretty nice too (One cool thing that I noticed is that the game can actually tell the difference between a Wiimote plus and a Wii Remote with a Motionplus attached. If you look in the bottom corner, you can actually see the different controllers shown on screen!)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Interesting. Games like this make me wish the Wii had demos, but I like this kind of game and getting a Wiimote+ wouldn't hurt.

guess I'll give this a rental when I'm done with the millions of games I'm working on right now

Didn't know it was out. Remember reading about it in NP awhile back. Maybe some day. Will probably forget the name before I try it though.

jluedtke

I got to play this a few months back. It was pretty interesting. Is there a remote-less version? I don't need any more Wii remotes and I'd gladly pay $20 for this (but no more).

jluedtke said:
I got to play this a few months back. It was pretty interesting. Is there a remote-less version? I don't need any more Wii remotes and I'd gladly pay $20 for this (but no more).

I'm pretty sure that there is a remoteless version. But it costs $30 IIRC.

Wow, Eurogamer doesn't like it...

According to the PR blurb, FlingSmash apparently "combines the hands-on fun of tennis with the non-stop action of pinball", but it's more like the arm-knack of the former coupled with the infuriating randomness of the latter. As a showcase for the hardware it's bundled with, it's a complete failure, and even given its brevity it feels like as much of a waste of time as it is a waste of money. If you absolutely must have a Wii Remote Plus, then buy it separately. FlingSmash's title might be short, snappy and to the point, but the game itself only manages the first of those three.

3/10

Lijik

This has shot up on my must play list after watching some videos. I don't know when i'll pick it up but it'll be sometime soon.
Also if anyone knows of any sites selling the 30 dollar standalone version itd be much oblidged. I know newegg had some but sold out by the time I got to it.

zigg

nincompoop said:
Looks awesome to me. It could be the next Donkey Kong Jungle Beat in terms of arcade-style gameplay and replayability (except that the controls actually work, unlike the bongo controls in DKJB).

Sorry, no, bongos do work very well. Witness my all-platinum-crest save. :D

FlingSmash does work pretty well, after a bit of a learning curve (I am particularly awful with my wind-up movements), but I just didn't think it had what it took to be something that I wanted to go back and replay. It was fun to go through, but kinda forgettable in the end. Nowhere near as good as the godly JB.

Top Bottom