• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo

As the summer is upon us here in Sweden, the footballs are invading our grass fields, (by football I refer to the european, round and true football) and a apart of the regular football in leather you have the ole trusty plastic football. I have a little question regarding this little devil of a sports device. As you might know if you have ever tried to play with one of these light plastick balls you know that if you swerve the ball, it isn't sure you
can predict where it is going to head. A normal football swerves to the left if you swerve it with the inside of your right foot, but a plastic light ball can just as well swerve to the right, or first to the left, and then to the right. How is this possible? And why does it just apply to these light balls?

Socreges

Banned
I think the pressure is not uniform enough that it reverberates throughout the ball and sends it flying in different directions.

That is probably total bullshit.

Funny thing. My car was stolen at 5:30 am on Saturday. It's a shitty car, so I didn't really care. If anything, I might have been glad. Then my dad asked if there was anything of value inside. I then remembered that my soccer ball was in there. I got a little upset that it was gone. Moreso than for my car. :) I really loved that ball. :(

wc02orgbal.jpg

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom