• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

"Agger won't be leaving and the management don't want him to" is the latest rumour/info. Supposedly reliable.

Of course I hope it turns out to be more than a rumour.

Macca has got a lot right:
- claimed Rodgers would join when everyone was panicking over Martinez
- said Allen would join, about a month back, and said Borini was the other target
Hmm, well I hope the Agger info is something he gets wrong - he can be right about Sahin though!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Modric plays too then fuck me, it won't be pretty.

ohohoho

He hasn't played a minute of football this pre-season and is training in isolation from the rest of the squad. If he is even with the squad on Saturday I will eat my own head.

You will have to deal with Huddlefro instead.

I'm watching the CL Final highlights and its heart breaking to see how much Bayern dominated and yet concede a late equaliser, Chelsea's only real first attempt.

Robbery

Linius

btEW3.jpg

Debut for Sana today at Ajax. Never heard of him before he came to us (from Göteburg) but he made a real impression. Promising player :D

Kyoufu

ohohoho

He hasn't played a minute of football this pre-season and is training in isolation from the rest of the squad. If he is even with the squad on Saturday I will eat my own head.

You will have to deal with Huddlefro instead.

You guys have to deal with dat French Connection (Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Cisse, Ba and hopefully Marveaux) so it could go either way. I just don't think we're strong enough defensively to keep a clean shot. Ugh, wish I was more confident.

Can't wait. We're friends now, but come Saturday... it's war!

Oh before I forget, do you have any internationals that will be playing in friendlies 3 days before?

faridmon

Bye bye Rodwell, I liked ya, but you were too busy getting injured. If the reports that the fee was 20 Million, then man, What a day!

City you guys are idiots, but I love you nonetheless. :)

DC78, Enjoy the purchase.

bjaelke

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule
Barça have given a list of transferrable players to Ajax including Jonathan dos Santos. [md] More of a like-for-like replacement for Anita.

Linius

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule
Barça have given a list of transferrable players to Ajax including Jonathan dos Santos. [md] More of a like-for-like replacement for Anita.

Read that too. It's a shame Fontas Prat doesn't want to come. Barca suggested him but he doesn't wanna play for Ajax...

At first we were going for Muniesa, till he got injured for at least six months :O

Who is reporting that you bid £20m?

We wouldn't be rejecting it to save face though. He's an injury-prone 29 year old who'll need to have another great season if he wants the (touted) £200k+ deals he's being offered this summer. Morale is also very good in the squad, regardless of his stance, so we're in a solid position.
Nobody.

But I think Arsenal will sell at that price and I think we will pay it.

Gomez' injury was the best thing that could happen to Bayern. They're actually playing with 11 players now, well, only when Kroos is in the right mood of course. And Bayern is paying Gomez around 10m wages a year lol. They should sell him while he's still hot. Mandzukic should be striker number 1 and we all know Gomez sucks ass off the bench.

We have bigger problems than Bayern and it shows. Kehl/Bender is missing and Reus needs some more matches to fit in.

Kyoufu

I'm still trying to figure out why Man United want to pay ridiculous amounts for RVP.

And all these City employees making up lies about how good Rodwell is when we all know he's just there to make up the numbers is pretty disgusting.

Manchester. lol

elsk

Banned
Gomez' injury was the best thing that could happen to Bayern. They're actually playing with 11 players now, well, only when Kroos is in the right mood of course. And Bayern is paying Gomez around 10m wages a year lol. They should sell him while he's still hot. Mandzukic should be striker number 1 and we all know Gomez sucks ass off the bench.

We have bigger problems than Bayern and it shows. Kehl/Bender is missing and Reus needs some more matches to fit in.

Yes, I've been saying it for a long time. Gomez just makes the team a lot worse. He scores goals, sure, but at what cost.
I'm not sure if Reus could play as CAM, he looks more like a SS.

Bayern was too wasteful on the night.

Well, obviously, Gomez was playing.

I'm not sure if Reus could play as CAM, he looks more like a SS.

He's pretty much playing SS, the small difference doesn't matter. When Bayern is in possession he's almost as much up the pitch as Lewandowski. When we're in possession he should be variable, anyway.

fuenf

Come on. The only thing that's really different is that Dortmund is still in 'training mode' and cant run their high energy football. Mandzukic is still awesome though, i think that Mandzukic + Gomez will be awesome together (it's not like Müller's doing that much more than Gomez).

edit: dont get me wrong, i'd love to be more excited but so far i'm just thinking that Dortmund and their fans are trying to lure us into a false sense of security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom