• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

G17

edit: I really can't hate RVP anymore.. him being chummy was more an olive branch and I'll acknowledge that he has no ill will.. but fans are obviously still disappointed.

Splatt

I can't see Arsenal scoring if they keep playing like they did in the 1st half. Giroud's completely useless and their midfield just keeps passing the ball backwards.

Just knew Rooney would miss. Shit pen. We needed that 2nd goal too.

We've been in total control but haven't attacked Arsenal enough. Young needs to do more when he gets on the ball and Valencia too.

Cleverley has done really well so far. More than matching up to Wilshere and Cazorla.

2nd goal would have killed this. Need to press on now.

GorillaJu

Both teams look more than a bit blunt up front, United less so.

You can't let that handball go without calling it though. Wrong position at the wrong time for Cazorla. Glad Rooney missed.

I hate Jamie Redknapp

Also lol at the united fans. RVP is celebrating in front of them but a load of them would rather celebrate facing the arsenal fans

Clegg

A second United goal would have killed this game off.

United have been the much better team but a one goal advantage isn't enough imo.

WJD

Bit worried now, we really needed that second goal before the end of the half. Arsenal can't be any worse this next half and I worry they'll get back into it.

Yeah not sure how anybody can think that's not a pen lol.

Very easy decision.
Probably because his hands, though up, were in front of his body. That's to say, that had his hands not of been there, the ball was probably going to hit him up the face and not make it through anyway. As apposed to his hands being out in the air and stopping a ball that would otherwise go through.

Not saying what the right decision is, I just assume that's the thinking.

I would class that worst than our performance last season. It's difficult to understand why we've had so little of the ball in United's half, but the evident lack of confidence may be key to explaining that. I thought Utd have played well. Cazorla for me was the best player on the pitch, and it was harsh to give a penalty for that; FIFA law states handballs can only be given for deliberate play with the ball using the hand, but referees aren't bothered much by that specific law it seems.

Changes are desperately and urgently needed, which means we aren't likely to get them before the 70th minute, but I'd like to see some pace on the wings. We've tried to utilise Ramsey a few times, but he's beaten Evra only once. Not surprising considering his lack of pace. I think Walcott's introduction could change the entire game. I think we will score, and if that goal turns out to be an equaliser, I think we're in for a great chance for winning this. But it all depends on how Utd come out. If they fancy getting this 2nd goal as soon as possible, and I do think they need it, we will probably come away from this match with what we deserve; absolutely nothing.

I just read through the last three pages and only one person thought it wasn't a pen.

Man, the hate for United today is intense. Can't believe more than half of you guys think the penalty was wrongly called.
ONE OF YOU IS LYING!

Probably because his hands, though up, were in front of his body. That's to say, that had his hands not of been there, the ball was probably going to hit him up the face and not make it through anyway. As apposed to his hands being out in the air and stopping a ball that would otherwise go through.

Not saying what the right decision is, I just assume that's the thinking.
I guess that's the logic but it's just not right. You can't have you hands up like that.

jtb

Banned
Not sure what Cazorla was thinking or doing with that pen anyways; aren't La Liga refs even harsher on the handball rules? Should've known better.

GorillaJu

ONE OF YOU IS LYING!

facepalm.gif

Tc91

"What's Rooney's actual penalty record? He seems to miss as much as he scores."

Rooney has now missed seven of his 20 Premier League penalties, with Arsenal the only club he has missed multiple penalties against, according to Infostrada Sports.

BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom