• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hahaha, this goal line tech!

BBC announcers, "What a load of rubbish!"

dc89

LvG has got his defensive tactics all wrong here.
The back line are all over the show.

Bring on the Premier League.

Zabojnik

Costa looks good under Simeone, in a direct counter attacking side. He will look good under Mourinho, in a direct counter attacking side. So will Fabregas. Spain are only set up to make midgets look good

Diego Costa is a tactical genius.

Wilbur

Banned
LvG has got his defensive tactics all wrong here.
The back line are all over the show.

Bring on the Premier League.

I would honestly say the Spain back line have looked worse than the Holland one, especially when accounting for the relative personnels, and this is just an antagonistic post aimed at his United connections.

But you'd never do that would you Daniel

Granadier

ITV were getting flak for it earlier too, but they don't control the feed!

Yeah, they mentioned that.

It's just hilarious to hear that from a commentator. I doubt that would fly with US commentators. They're far too uptight and worried about getting fired from someone being offended.

FIFA need to stop using refs from backwater leagues for the World Cup. It's getting embarrassing.

Well some of it has been bad this tournament, and I'm not going to say that wasn't a dive, but it was a damn convincing dive that you have seen given many times by Premier League refs and such too.

Edit : Oh god, it's Rizzoli? Fuck that cunt though.

miwrni.gif

Zabojnik

Actually seeing that replay, bit presumptuous to say Costa deliberately plays for it. So short a time between him lifting his leg - which could be to avoid the tackle - and De Vrji making contact.

Yeah, can't really blame the ref for this one. Sold it perfectly.

Marc

I can't stand Lawro, thought I would try out the alternative commentary... its almost as bad... Scott Mills?

Granadier

Actually seeing that replay, bit presumptuous to say Costa deliberately plays for it. So short a time between him lifting his leg - which could be to avoid the tackle - and De Vrji making contact.

No, the fact he put his leg down so quickly again after lifting it tells me he wanted to make contact with him. He put it down unnaturally fast.

He even stares at De Vrji's leg to make sure he can get his foot placed in the right spot.

Wilbur

Banned
Start posting in the world cup thread you cunts. It's not even like it moves that fast.

I have a few times but pls, saving it to read at half time.

No, the fact he put his leg down so quickly again after lifting it tells me he wanted to make contact with him. He put it down unnaturally fast.

Yeah, he plays for it, but not as obvious that a lot are making it. De Vrji would have caught him if his foot had stayed on the ground, had to try and avoid the tackle anyway.

dc89

I would honestly say the Spain back line have looked worse than the Holland one, especially when accounting for the relative personnels, and this is just an antagonistic post aimed at his United connections.

But you'd never do that would you Daniel

no :lol

But 3 at the back... c'mon. It's not gonna work against Spain.
If Netherlands win this and don't concede again, I will eat crow and have a LvG avatar (LvG face on cat body)

Kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom