• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Negredo is just a beast -- so much power and strength. Good passer too.

Shit, Vinnie got injured? What happened?

faridmon

I don't see us getting anything from the match, whilst the ref was shite man city were the better team most of the games and it seems injury and squad depth might be our problem this season. Happy with the season so far and congrats city-gaf.

Manager

He did some really poor stuff in his first three or so matches. Him and Dembele basically in one match kept going forward, leaving the defense completely open. Then they slowly walked back and cost you a goal or even two. He took really poor decisions, something which will get better, just like wigh Fernandinho. Fern has given City another dimension in passing and by himself created goals while for example beasted Rooney out of a match.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He did some really poor stuff in his three or so matches. Him and Dembele basically in one match kept going forward, leaving the defense completely open. Then they slowly walked back and cost you a goal or even two.

wat

Walshy

Same, I'm started to get worried about Kelly. Hopefully it's just a case of them being over cautious after his long term injury. I thought he looked alright when he came on in the league cup.

I hope that if we get a good comfortable lead, Illori and Alberto get some game time today.
I hope we get a look at both of them. Hopefully Ibe gets some minutes too.

Salvadora

1378358_10151888503304914_2082155826_n.jpg
:loooool.

Meier

Roll With It! Howard must actually be fairly short. Looks like Howard was glaring over him.

Silva won the MOTM from NBCSN too, tc. That Aguero goal..whoa. What a shot.

Salazar

Stoke City: Begovic; Pieters, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson; Etherington, Nzonzi, Ireland, Cameron; Walters, Arnautovic

If they all stood close enough together, for long enough, they would fuse into a jelly-like non-individuated substance called pillock.

I should be ready for it now, but the aggressive dumbness of that 11 startles me.

Clegg

Naismith should be dropped after that performance. If that was a penalty for City then Lukaku should have been given a penalty earlier in the game. Aguero was poor.

Assaidi still can't get a game. What a pointless loan that was.

For him. Got his wages off our bill.

His treatment was weird. He played okay whenever he was on the pitch, didn't show tremendous end product but was a threat. After we got into the EL group stage though, he was frozen out completely

He did some really poor stuff in his three or so matches. Him and Dembele basically in one match kept going forward, leaving the defense completely open. Then they slowly walked back and cost you a goal or even two. He took really poor decisions, something which will get better, just like wigh Fernandinho. Fern has given City another dimension in passing and by himself created goals while for example beasted Rooney out of a match.

He's played a lot more than three games. I think he's started every game for us in the league. We haven't conceded more than a goal in a game this season, and only against Arsenal and Chelsea. Chelsea scored from a set piece so it must have been against Arsenal, and although he didn't have a great game I don't think you can attribute the blame for that goal to him. Capoue was the defensive midfielder in that game anyway.

I'm not criticising Fernandinho. But you're comparing him to a player that cost almost half the price and in my opinion (and I recognise that Fernandinho has more of a defensive responsibility than Paulinho) has been more effective.

Clegg

HORSE!!

You failed to mention this.

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 17m

Arrived in Leverkusen and a good source tell me that Man UTD are very keen to sign Lars Bender. Note: BuyOutClause: Under € 15 mill

But if his buyout is under €15m then every big club in Europe will be after him.

Manager

He's played a lot more than three games. I think he's started every game for us in the league. We haven't conceded more than a goal in a game this season, and only against Arsenal and Chelsea. Chelsea scored from a set piece so it must have been against Arsenal, and although he didn't have a great game I don't think you can attribute the blame for that goal to him. Capoue was the defensive midfielder in that game anyway.

I'm not criticising Fernandinho. But you're comparing him to a player that cost almost half the price and in my opinion (and I recognise that Fernandinho has more of a defensive responsibility than Paulinho) has been more effective.

I am sorry, writing on my mobile. Meant to write his first three or so matches. I was talking of how hard it is for South Americans in the beginning so I mentioned Paulinhos first matches, and how patience is needed with both Fernandinho and Paulinho, just like with Ramires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom