• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

LTWheels

Although Flan has been doing a good job, we are missing Enrique.

Means Cou has to stay outside and can't drift in. In that situation I feel like we are better off starting Moses on the left instead...

Everton need to start getting Lukaku in down the channels. Playing everything up to him when the defenders are tight. Need to give him a chance to make some space and run.

Wilbur

Banned
you cray

Benteke can play all types of football

Lukaku is a punt it down the channel and let him go player

Benteke hardly does fuck all outside the box tho, comes alive in it but isn't really involved in build up play.

Can be far quieter in a match as well.

ehhyhyhhsa opinions

BZwm06ZCYAEzB8V.jpg

Hixx

Benteke hardly does fuck all outside the box tho, comes alive in it but isn't really involved in build up play.

Can be far quieter in a match as well.

ehhyhyhhsa opinions

Completely disagree. His hold up play and passing is just fucking leagues ahead of Lukaku.

GorillaJu

The longer that Dowd went on thinking the more certain I was it'd be a yellow. If Suarez weren't such a drama queen it'd have been an instant red, but he has that Busquets/Alba-esque "WHHHOOAOAAAA FUCK SOMEONE TACKLED ME IM DOWN CALL THE FUCKING PHYSIO OOOOHH HH SHHIHIIIIITTT"

Wilbur

Banned
gareth please

I think they're both well good to be honest. Dunno, think I'd rather have Lukaku. He's a bit more menacing, bit more of a handful.

GorillaJu

gareth please

I think they're both well good to be honest. Dunno, think I'd rather have Lukaku. He's a bit more menacing, bit more of a handful.

I'd rather have Benteke because he isn't frustrating. He's just got more quality. His first touch is excellent, he can play back or front to goal, he's quick enough, excellent technique, strong... He's got literally everything you need to be a good striker.

Agger, Lucas and Flanagan doing well. Other midfielders (4 of the 5) doing nowhere near enough. Suarez doing about as well as he can on his own. Blatant red for Mirallas, possible red for Gerrard

Dunno what the fuck Skrtel was doing for their goal, the ball was his all day long until he fucking turned away from it 2 splitseconds before it reached him

People go on about Messi's HGH, but Suarez has to be on something to come out of that challenge unscathed, especially given that he was twatted on the same leg he was hobbling on. Wonder if he'll come back on for the second half

I'm not sure.

I think Lukaku is more explosive. But he is very inconsistent and his touch is pretty bad. He is 2.5 years younger than Benteke though and hasn't had the chance to play as regularly until recent-ish and sometimes I think it's his decision making which is as bad as his technique.

Benteke is solid. Think I'm with Wilbz though, long term I reckon I'd have Lukaku.

GorillaJu

Allen, Lucas and Hendo all playing very well. Gerrard and Coutinho are the weakest links at the moment. Funny they were the pair who made that first goal though!

I'd rather have Benteke because he isn't frustrating.

I don't know man, I got frustrated with him against Chelsea, he managed to destroy all tempo in that Villa game by being offside about 20 times... It was like watching Quiche play fifa. Also lets not forget that there still is a few years to smoothen Lukakus faults out before he reaches Bentekes age, if he keeps developing like now he will certainly end up better.

Feorax

Allen, Lucas and Hendo all playing very well. Gerrard and Coutinho are the weakest links at the moment. Funny they were the pair who made that first goal though!

I think the Lucas - Allen holding partnership is far better than Lucas - Gerrard. We're keeping our shape a lot better and forcing Everton wide (which to be fair, is where Everton are extremely dangerous).

I think the Lucas - Allen holding partnership is far better than Lucas - Gerrard. We're keeping our shape a lot better and forcing Everton wide (which to be fair, is where Everton are extremely dangerous).

Flanagan has been really good at coming inside to cover the centre backs when they're dragged out so far. Gotta sort out that one-on-one defending though :p

LTWheels

Gerrard is misplacing too many passes

Prob with Cout is that he has no overlapping fullback. He can't drift in. That why I think we should play Sterling or Moses on the left instead of Cout.

Top Bottom