• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbsapeer

Banned
Everybody here is a closet Wenger fan.
I love Wenger.

Guitar.gif

VeeP

I'm about to sleep, but hopefully when I wake up I'll find out Liverpool beats ManCity. Good luck Liverpool fam watching the game
YNWA

Commute this morning was utter shit, but hopefully this rain'll keep things quiet in work to where I can watch the match.

It's gonna be a goal-fest, 3-2 to Liverpool. Come on!

azyless

PSG have a juicy attack but the rest of their team isn't that great, if you ask me.

I don't think they're a threat for the CL yet.
Only people who have never seen them play think they could win the CL this year. Or people who only see Neymar/Mbappé/Cavani.
Defensively they're pretty weak compared to other big CL clubs.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Only people who have never seen them play think they could win the CL this year. Or people who only see Neymar/Mbappé/Cavani.

Defensively all the favourites are pretty weak this year. Even Juventus seems to be much weaker in defense than last year. Real has a liability in Ramos, Carvajal and Marcelo are more focused on attacking than defending, only Varane/Nacho are saving the day there. Bayern defenders seem to suddenly have forgotten how to play. And have you seen Pique?

MoodyFog

Defensively all the favourites are pretty weak this year. Even Juventus seems to be much weaker in defense than last year. Real has a liability in Ramos, Carvajal and Marcelo are more focused on attacking than defending, only Varane/Nacho are saving the day there. Bayern defenders seem to suddenly have forgotten how to play. And have you seen Pique?

PSG Défense is still behind Juventus, United, Madrid and Bayern.. barca is shit tho yea

azyless

Yeah PSG is still worse than those teams defensively, bar Barça I would say. Real and Bayern (the favourites imo) are much better.

Empty

cracking saturday of football today. international breaks are so awful.

city vs liverpool is normally brilliant. think the 3-2 in the gerrard slip season is probably the best premier league game in at least the last decade.

sammex

I'm going 2-2. Late City equaliser from a Lovren brainfart.

Edit

Already wrong, no Dejan

Lineup Vs Manchester City: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Klavan, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mané, Firmino.

#LFC subs v #MCFC: Karius, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Chamberlain, Sturridge, Solanke

CrayToes

Playing Klavan is such a huge risk. Although, he has generally been very good in big games. Would be more comfortable with Milner at LB though.

T-Rex.

Banned
I wonder if Klopp will be ballsy again and do what he did against Hoffenheim which is leave Moreno to deal with the attacking players by himself (whereas Salah dropped deep to help TAA on the other side) and leave Mane high up the pitch so we could kill them on the counter.

City: Ederson; Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Mendy; Danilo, Fernandinho, D. Silva, De Bruyne; Aguero, Jesus.

Thats the most defensive city lineup I have seen in a good while. 6 defensive players. Its gonna be a slow one.

DBT85

Difficult watching a game where you'd love to see both teams lose.

Just have to hope for a 5-5 draw to highlight the amazing defences.

Audioboxer

I'm at work so I can't watch Liverpool dismantle Man City. Klopp just needs to issue the command pass the ball wayward to John Stones, it was highly effective.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Definitely a good weekend after the international break.

Thinking about taking Both to Score & a Liverpool win for the early kickoff.

Clubs with kind of shit defenses have won before. So while I agree they are not favorites, I think it's silly to count them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom