• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For some odd reason I'm hyped for Sims 2.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Animated people having sex? Of course you're excited, Ferrio.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
HA HA YOU AND YOUR MANGINAS.

Actually I liked the original too although it was a bit too taxing for my tastes. I might not necessarily buy the Sims 2 on launch but I'm interested in it nontheless. Glad to see someone is anticipating this game on these forums.

Ferrio

Banned
Well I only played the original (no expansion packs) and it was a fun diversion but lacked a lot of things. Hopefully Sims 2 will make up for that.

I'm going to try and create the most disfunctional family possible.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I enjoyed the first one, but I spent most of my time cheating and designing a home. Actually playing the game was too frustrating because of how ordinary tasks like using the bathroom or getting food out of the fridge would take 15 minutes of the game's clock.

Dan said:
I enjoyed the first one, but I spent most of my time cheating and designing a home. Actually playing the game was too frustrating because of how ordinary tasks like using the bathroom or getting food out of the fridge would take 15 minutes of the game's clock.

See that's what got me as well. I thought that as you developed your skills that keeping those little slidy bars in the green would get easier and you could worry about the other stuff, so having a higher body rating would mean needing less sleep, better cooking would mean more filling meals that lasted longer. If that was the case then it was too subtle to manage, so that after a while I just got bored with the micromanagement not really leading to enough fun stuff.

Vark

well food and sleep wasn't based on your skills so much as what you owned. Once you got the really nice bed and stove then you didn't have to sleep as long and you made better food.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Phoenix said:
Yes because as we all know, the better you cook - the less you have to eat :D

Sure, if you're a bad cook, you may burn/spoil/spill a chunk of what you're cooking, and it would be inedible.

Alex

I think I uninstalled The Sims PC after about two days, way back when the basic version first came out.

I still occasionally sink some time into The Sims PS2 despite having had it since launch. It's a guilty pleasure I guess.

It's all about the mission mode and co-op, breaks up the monotony the series can generate otherwise, IMO at least. I'd be far more interested in Sims 2 if it went beyond the typical Sandbox mode.

Too bad "Bustin' Out" was a total piece of shit.

Top Bottom