• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes' 2004 highest-paid athletes (Tiger > *)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirBrian

Top 25:

Code:
1  	Tiger Woods             80.3  	United States   United States
2 	Michael Schumacher      80.0 	Germany 	Switzerland
3 	Peyton Manning          42.0 	United States 	United States
4 	Michael Jordan 	        35.0 	United States 	United States
5 	Shaquille O'Neal 	31.9 	United States 	United States
6 	Kevin Garnett   	29.7 	United States 	United States
7 	Andre Agassi    	28.2 	United States 	United States
8 	David Beckham   	28.0 	Great Britain 	Spain
9 	Alex Rodriguez   	26.2 	United States 	United States
10 	Kobe Bryant 	        26.1 	United States 	United States
11 	Grant Hill 	        25.9 	United States 	United States
12 	Derek Jeter 	        23.2 	United States 	United States
13 	Barry Bonds 	        22.7 	United States 	United States
14 	Manny Ramirez 	        22.1 	Dom. Republic 	United States
15 	Oscar De La Hoya 	22.0 	United States 	United States
16 	LeBron James    	21.1 	United States 	United States
17 	Vince Carter 	        20.2 	United States 	United States
18 	Dale Earnhardt Jr 	20.1 	United States 	United States
19 	Arnold Palmer    	20.0 	United States 	United States
20 	Phil Mickelson    	19.8 	United States 	United States
21 	Allen Iverson 	        19.7 	United States 	United States
22 	Champ Bailey 	        19.6 	United States 	United States
23 	Jeff Gordon 	        19.3 	United States 	United States
24 	Lance Armstrong 	19.2 	United States 	United States
25 	Tracy McGrady 	        19.0 	United States 	United States
http://www.forbes.com/lists/results...ry1=Category&category2=Category&partner=yahoo

Earnings estimates are for June 2003 to June 2004. They include salaries, bonuses, prize money, endorsements and appearance fees. The earnings for NBA players are net of the 10% escrow tax that is withheld from their salaries as part of the league's collective bargaining agreement with the player's union.

Meier

Tiger will probably be #2 on the list next year due to his relatively poor year as far as tournament money is concerned.

Oh god I just noticed how high Grant Hill is ranked. Makes me want to cry.

USA! USA! USA!

ManRam don't deserve that money. De La Hoya will grow after time because of his boxing promotion. Jordan doesn't play anymore and he's roping in $35 mil a year, haha. G.O.A.T. is right.

MASB

I wonder how long Tiger will be able to make money like this if he doesn't improve. "Hey look at me America, I'm Tiger Woods!" won't last forever if he doesn't start winning tournaments and majors. And why is he still ranked the world's number one golfer (in player points standings) ? He's about as close to being the world's best golfer as the Atlanta Braves are to being number one in their divison. :p

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Peyton is that high on the list? That is sick. He has not won anything his entire career and making that much money.

After Yao's rookie deal is over, he will surely be on that list.

Shinobi

I'm amazed VC is 17th on that list...the funny thing is that Bron is just ahead of him.
lol.gif

AirBrian said:
Top 25:

Code:
3 	Peyton Manning          42.0 	United States 	United States
6 	Kevin Garnett   	29.7 	United States 	United States
11 	Grant Hill 	        25.9 	United States 	United States
12 	Derek Jeter 	        23.2 	United States 	United States
13 	Barry Bonds 	        22.7 	United States 	United States
14 	Manny Ramirez 	        22.1 	Dom. Republic 	United States
15 	Oscar De La Hoya 	22.0 	United States 	United States
16 	LeBron James    	21.1 	United States 	United States
18 	Dale Earnhardt Jr 	20.1 	United States 	United States
19 	Arnold Palmer    	20.0 	United States 	United States
20 	Phil Mickelson    	19.8 	United States 	United States
21 	Allen Iverson 	        19.7 	United States 	United States
22 	Champ Bailey 	        19.6 	United States 	United States
23 	Jeff Gordon 	        19.3 	United States 	United States

25 	Tracy McGrady 	        19.0 	United States 	United States
http://www.forbes.com/lists/results...ry1=Category&category2=Category&partner=yahoo

WTF are they??!?

Mustang

Banned
Woods is still #4 on the money list this year despite poor play.

Two straight tournaments about a month ago he finished 1 shot out of a playoff.

This was with him hitting like 24 out 0f 56 fairways one week and close to the same the other week.

Yet somehow, to defy all logic, he misses a playoff by a shot.

Just about anyone else would have missed the cut.

He is horrendous off the tee this year. He has never been an ace off the tee but it started to really hurt him last year.

And yes, I watch golf very often.

He should be teeing it up next week in the Western Open outside Chicago (Cog Hill) next week.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Lance Armstrong is underpaid for someone who won Tour De France 5 times in row,Jordan,O'Neil and Beckham are overpaid since they play very average now,they probobly make most money off the Ads.

And i dont even know most of these people,wtf

Mustang

Banned
.Golf and Formula 1 heavyhitters are paid at least double what the other guys make, yet they require at most half of the "athletic" effort the other sports require.

But Schumacher is guaranteed the money whether he wins or loses.

If Woods does poorly, no money, at least from his tournament showings.

Same in most other sports as well.

Geezus!

Look at Arnold Palmer at #19.

He is like 80 years old!

Tiger's income shouldn't change too much any time soon. He makes something like $70 million from endorsements.

Most of the top golfers "only" pull in about 4-6 million in a year.

Shinobi

lol.gif

Leon said:
The top 2 numbers are insane...Golf and Formula 1 heavyhitters are paid at least double what the other guys make, yet they require at most half of the "athletic" effort the other sports require. Twisted.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
You think driving a F1 car at 200mph and experiencing 4 or 5 G's for two hours doesn't require athletic effort? Not to mention the real threat of DYING due to any number of things going wrong. Don't kid yourself...Schumacher earns every penny he makes, and considering the way he turned around the Ferrari program and has helped them to dominate the sport, he might still be underpaid.

As for Tiger, he's the biggest draw in golf since Arnold Palmer...when he does well, the ratings skyrocket. That sort of power means you're gold on Madison Avenue.

You get whatever you can in this world...I don't have a problem with any athlete making this sort of money. Hell, make double the coin for all I care...I'm never gonna see any of it anyway, so I don't give a shit.

andthebeatgoeson

11 Grant Hill 25.9 United States United States

No, seriously, this is fucked up. The guy hasn't played in 4 years.

And how many dicks did champ bailey have to suck to make that much money?

skinnyrattler said:
11 Grant Hill 25.9 United States United States

No, seriously, this is fucked up. The guy hasn't played in 4 years.

And how many dicks did champ bailey have to suck to make that much money?

"The injury-plagued Orlando Magic forward is still collecting more than $10 million a year from Fila in a deal signed seven years ago when Hill was expected to be the second coming of Michael Jordan. Don't expect Fila to renew the deal in October when it expires."

Shinobi

lol.gif
Poor Fila...lucky for them they've got Schumacher and Ferrari to sell their shoes.

Leon said:
Ah, it took a while for this to finally come up.

I'm not kidding myself. I've got tremendous respect for Shumacher and what he does requires tremendous effort. It's just not athletic per se. I've got this thing with F1 racing, where I can't consider it a sport. I look at it as a competitive event. Not a sport. As for the threat of dying? What can I say, tough for him. That only makes the race more dangerous, not more athletic.

What can I say...I couldn't disagree more. You simply cannot drive an F1 car or a vechile well in any top flight racing circuit without being in at least reasonable physical condition. The G-forces alone would tire the neck muscles of a normal man after a few laps.

AirBrian

naz said:
"The injury-plagued Orlando Magic forward is still collecting more than $10 million a year from Fila in a deal signed seven years ago when Hill was expected to be the second coming of Michael Jordan. Don't expect Fila to renew the deal in October when it expires."
:lol

Shinobi said:
lol.gif
Poor Fila...lucky for them they've got Schumacher and Ferrari to sell their shoes.

What can I say...I couldn't disagree more. You simply cannot drive an F1 car or a vechile well in any top flight racing circuit without being in at least reasonable physical condition. The G-forces alone would tire the neck muscles of a normal man after a few laps.

This man speaks the truth. Remember, those things don't have assits and what not to keep it on the road and make turning 'easier'. You have umpteen thousand pounds of downforce and you have to fight it to make it turn. You don't see overweight race car drivers for a reason, and thats not so they can fit in the cockpit.

bionic77

norinrad21 said:
I blame Tiger's poor form on the woman he's been dating.

She's viewtiful......hot hot hot

I think you are right. Has any athlete managed to stay at the top when married to a really hot woman? Tiger seemed to drop off the charts as soon as he started dating that model. Kobe never seemed the same after he got married. This obviously doesn't apply to Jordan because his wife is way below average and that might have been why he stayed on top for so long. I think the reason behind this is that if you have a really hot wife you have incentive to stay at home and don't want to be at the gym on the weekends working on your game. But, athletes like Jordan who have a she-man awaiting them when they come home don't have this problem.

AirBrian

bionic77 said:
I think you are right. Has any athlete managed to stay at the top when married to a really hot woman? Tiger seemed to drop off the charts as soon as he started dating that model. Kobe never seemed the same after he got married. This obviously doesn't apply to Jordan because his wife is way below average and that might have been why he stayed on top for so long. I think the reason behind this is that if you have a really hot wife you have incentive to stay at home and don't want to be at the gym on the weekends working on your game. But, athletes like Jordan who have a she-man awaiting them when they come home don't have this problem.
explosion.jpg

DMczaf

bionic77 said:

ph1,10,2jordan,wife.jpg

"Help me..."

Guzim

kobe_jordan_260_020612.jpg

"Hi, I'm Michael Jordan, I'm here to get my check for $35 million dollars."

phil%20knight%20nike.jpg

"Okay, here you go, wait a minute, if you're Michael Jordan, then who is that?"

main.jpg

"How are you gentlemen?"

DMczaf

Guzim said:
kobe_jordan_260_020612.jpg

"Hi, I'm Michael Jordan, I'm here to get my check for $35 million dollars."

phil%20knight%20nike.jpg

"Okay, here you go, wait a minute, if you're Michael Jordan, then who is that?"

main.jpg

"How are you gentlemen?"

LMAO!

bionic77

Wolfy said:
Michael Jordan's universal ownage cannot be described with words.

All that money is really Juanita's. Junita has a lot of things in common with Patrick Ewing, mainly nasty ass looks, but they are unlike in one thing, she got the best of MJ in the end.

DMczaf

bionic77 said:
All that money is really Juanita's.

At least MJ didn't give his wife $4 mil to wear on a finger...

ringcloseup.jpg

You better love Kobe when you are wearing a few bought houses on 1 finger!

bionic77

DMczaf said:
So hot that he cheated on her with an ugly ass white girl...

Yo' boy has problems!

LOL true, but that is a problem that affects all NBA players. You can find evidence of all NBA players succumbing to scankage on the road, well except for AC Green........

DMczaf

Funny thing is that he did it during the offseason, when you are usually with your family! Kobe Kobe Kobe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom