• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forest Whitaker > Idris Elba

Because I like Forrest more than Tom Cruise.
Go Away GIF

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I said what I said he's better than Idris Elba, Denzel Washington, Lawrence Fishburne > everyone else

Did you see Rogue One? One of the worst performances I've ever seen.

He can be great (Last King of Scotland), but saying he's better than Denzel Washington is absolute nonsense.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Did you see Rogue One? One of the worst performances I've ever seen.

He can be great (Last King of Scotland), but saying he's better than Denzel Washington is absolute nonsense.
Star wars since the shitquels has been shit can you blame him for not putting in any effort?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I havent seen a lot of his movies, but looking at his wiki he's made a shit load. But I do remember him in Fast Times and Bloodsport!

Ownage

Elba is Luther, he's a DJ who has good taste in music and he smashed Sophie T. He also got into Cyberpunk 2077 Chapter 2. He's cool by me.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Morgan Freeman granted I haven't seen too many of his films but the few I have he seems like the same character in every one.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
You ever see Virtuosity. Denzel and Crowe at their peaks - stinking up the screen something awful.

That's early Denzel. Still 100% better than what Forest shat out for Star Wars.

Speaking of Forest Whitaker, how could I forget his "performance" in Battlefield Earth.

s-l1600.jpg

I think we're done here. Case closed.

Toons

Star wars since the shitquels has been shit can you blame him for not putting in any effort?

I'm gonna disagree with you on 3 points. 4 maybe.

1st; his SW movie came out before anyone even jumped on the bandwagon of disliking the newer star wars stuff,

His movie had nothing to do with the sequels

Plenty of actors delivered great performances in bad star wars content

And I dont even think he did a bad job

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I'm gonna disagree with you on 3 points. 4 maybe.

1st; his SW movie came out before anyone even jumped on the bandwagon of disliking the newer star wars stuff,

His movie had nothing to do with the sequels

Plenty of actors delivered great performances in bad star wars content

And I dont even think he did a bad job
I hated the shitquels as soon as I walked out of TFA. I said "What in the fucking rehashing the same story beats soft reboot trash is this?" I noped out right then and there and never saw anything Star wars after that but that's neither here nor there this about the greatness of Forest Whitaker.

Last edited:

Gp1

I loved The Shield but he was such a better actor than everyone else in the show it was almost jarring. It was like Messi playing Sunday league football.

So like today's Messi at MLS :D

We have to say that The Shield by season 4-5-6 has a fantastic cast with Chiklis, Forest Whitaker, Glen Close, CCH Pounder, Walton Goggins etc. The problem is that the "low points" in The Shield are abysmally low (Vic's family, Mara, the hot female cop etc).

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

Lets start with the last king of scotland and the neck of Forrest W. into his role in Rogue One. A classic rif and I'm sure he enjoyed the role, but when compared to roles played by I. Elba, who also plays a hard caricature, is interesting.

But neither of these mens' development into a role could ever equal Mr. Denzel Washington. He is King Kong, he is going to ask for you to be subdued and taken to the brig, he is going to tell you to get your fucking hands off him.

wipeout364

Forrest can be excellent but Idris can play action roles whereas Forrest for some reason always looks out of shape. I think I would have to go with Idris.

Top Bottom