• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former UFC Champion Jon Jones Speaks Publicly on Felony Hit-and-Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Published on Nov 24, 2015

Over the past seven months, Jon Jones was involved in a hit and run car accident, suspended by the UFC, stripped of his UFC light heavyweight title, plead guilty to a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident, given 18 months of supervised probation and finally, in late October, reinstated by the organization.

Throughout this tumultuous time, Jones hasn't talked to the media. He finally broke his silence last week during an exclusive interview with MMAFighting.com. In the interview, Jones talks about everything that he has endured recently, how he plans on rebounding and much more.

https://youtu.be/dAcfjK6LZaU

tl;dr Jones went drinking the night before, the next day was tired, drove, tried to turn on a green he thought was for turning but was for oncoming and got into a three-car accident. He fled because he was scared that he smelled of alcohol, but ran back to try and grab a bowl for weed, but couldn't find the bowl because it had flew from the cup holder in the crash.

Crash talk starts at 17:10.

edit: Met with Dana days after the crash, said he wasn't interested in fighting, they said they would strip the belt, Jones "I could give a fuck." Jones felt the UFC would have let him fight if he wanted.

FUME5

He's looking, talking and acting quite a bit differently, guess we'll see how he's fighting next year.

Smart piece of image management anyway.

eXtv

Banned
Little birdies in New Mexico have been tweeting in my ears that Ol' Jonny is still neck-deep in the rockstar lifestyle. I hope he's turned over a new leaf, for his own sake. But the end of his probation is quite a ways off.

It's definitely a good message and a good way to start on the process of rehabilitating his public image. I don't begrudge him that, regardless of the motives: I just hope he's actually got his mind right and is moving in a positive direction.

darscot

This is hard to listen too, I just started it around 17 minutes. The guy is just all about himself. All he talks about is his own ass, the guy fucking disgusts me.

scabro

Little birdies in New Mexico have been tweeting in my ears that Ol' Jonny is still neck-deep in the rockstar lifestyle. I hope he's turned over a new leaf, for his own sake. But the end of his probation is quite a ways off.

multiple sources?

scabro

This is hard to listen too, I just started it around 17 minutes. The guy is just all about himself. All he talks about is his own ass, the guy fucking disgusts me.

yeah the nerve to talk about himself in an interview about himself

eXtv

Banned
multiple sources?

Just one, admittedly. But 18 months is a long time to keep your nose clean
(heh)
when you're a batshit insane adrenaline junkie like Jones. I love that about him, that's why he fought Daniel Cormier in the clinch and beat Gustafsson on a half-assed camp, but it could end his career.

darscot

You can tell his entire perspective is about himself. Talking about how they would try and take away his freedom, that's bullshit you hit a pregnant women and ran away like a bitch. They aren't taking away your freedom, you should have lost your right to it via your own actions. I really doubt its because he wouldn't fight, that they stripped him. He thinks they would have let me fight if wanted too because he hadn't been convicted yet, the guy is clueless. I didn't hear an apology, I heard a lot of concern about himself and getting his legacy back. The guy may have cleaned up his issues with alcohol and drugs but he is still the same dirt bag he was before. It's just such a shame because he incredible skills in the ring, its too bad he is such a waste of a human being. The interviewer is just a fan throwing him softballs.

scabro

Just one, admittedly. But 18 months is a long time to keep your nose clean
(heh)
when you're a batshit insane adrenaline junkie like Jones. I love that about him, that's why he fought Daniel Cormier in the clinch and beat Gustafsson on a half-assed camp, but it could end his career.
lol oh im sure he will fall off if he hasn't already

dude just needs to get a driver. knee deep in white girls, weed, cocaine, barely training and if not one of the best of all time very close to it as it were.
You can tell his entire perspective is about himself. Talking about how they would try and take away his freedom, that's bullshit you hit a pregnant women and ran away like a bitch. They aren't taking away your freedom, you should have lost your right to it via your own actions. I really doubt its because he wouldn't fight, that they stripped him. He thinks they would have let me fight if wanted too because he hadn't been convicted yet, the guy is clueless. I didn't hear an apology, I heard a lot of concern about himself and getting his legacy back. The guy may have cleaned up his issues with alcohol and drugs but he is still the same dirt bag he was before. It's just such a shame because he incredible skills in the ring, its too bad he is such a waste of a human being. The interviewer is just a fan throwing him softballs.
jon jones is phony and self absorbed and always has been. thats no surprise, at all, whatsoever. but who gives a shit.

like i said just get someone to drive you so you dont fucking kill someone, and do you. its a shame because jon jones was just started to embrace being an asshole but now he has to put up that facade again for pr's sake.

And dana has literally payed a dude's bail money to be able to have him fight a show before, so yeah i buy that they stripped him at least partly because he wouldn't fight

It's really not that.

Example: The first thing he says after Ariel asks what he was thinking when he found out he'd hit a pregnant woman was whether or not he'd go to jail for the rest of his life. Not about her health, not about the health of the baby, but whether or not he'd go to jail for it. He pivoted there when he realized how that'd look but his first thought was about him.

Similarly, when asked whether or not there was a fight that he felt like he'd partied to much for he said Gustaffson. While that may be true, it seems very convenient that the closest he's came to a loss was because he was partying too hard rather than the competition being too tough. Even if it were true, he could've said something positive about Gustaffson but opted not to.

It doesn't take away from his fighting ability to admit that this guy is so far up his own ass that he can see daylight.

scabro

It's really not that.

Example: The first thing he says after Ariel asks what he was thinking when he found out he'd hit a pregnant woman was whether or not he'd go to jail for the rest of his life. Not about her health, not about the health of the baby, but whether or not he'd go to jail for it. He pivoted there when he realized how that'd look but his first thought was about him.

Similarly, when asked whether or not there was a fight that he felt like he'd partied to much for he said Gustaffson. While that may be true, it seems very convenient that the closest he's came to a loss was because he was partying too hard rather than the competition being too tough. Even if it were true, he could've said something positive about Gustaffson but opted not to.

It doesn't take away from his fighting ability to admit that this guy is so far up his own ass that he can see daylight.

lol well no duh, the dude ran back to the scene of the crime to pick up his weed and some money, and then ran away again.

and various people in the sport have said for a long time that jones trained for like 2 weeks for the gus fight. hes a freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom