• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
VET already left the circuit without interviews Britta Roeske told the press. Then the aggressive English press grilled VET and Roeske, asking for punishment etc etc. Poor Roeske then broke and started crying :-( Luckily Dutch pit-reporter Jack Plooij was there and offered her his shoulder.

Dutch guys are gentleman confirmed.

Wait what?
This cant be true.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Awesome start and end, quiet middle. Since the summer break RBR have been absolutely killer. Verstappen with reliability and without getting crashed into is unreal. Weaker car and was chomping into that lead. It's amazing how Massa being the traffic has been a story a couple of times this season.

Shame about Vettel and Ferrari in general. Almost all but academic at this point unless Lewis DNFs or has a real bad finish in Austin.

Woo! Haas double points! The Massa overtake by K-Mag was pretty damn sweet.

I actually thought it was pretty reckless to be honest.

KillerAJD

I actually thought it was pretty reckless to be honest.

Honestly, I don't necessarily disagree, however, I found it one of the more exciting bits of a relatively flat race, and as somebody who comes from watching NASCAR and local dirt track racing, a little wheel on wheel or wheel on body contact gets me going like nothing else, haha.

Yagami_Sama

I was thinking that this would be a red flag festival, but in the end was a good race. Championship is over for Vettel.

As expected McLaren was horrible and both Haas scoring points was quite surprising.

Ty4on

Lewis struggled with PU vibrations so he's maybe looking at a replacement.
Super lucky that it happened so late and not in the middle of the race.

Switching over to Bathurst. Maybe there'll be some racing lol

Igo

VET already left the circuit without interviews Britta Roeske told the press. Then the aggressive English press grilled VET and Roeske, asking for punishment etc etc. Poor Roeske then broke and started crying :-( Luckily Dutch pit-reporter Jack Plooij was there and offered her his shoulder.

She broke down and cried because mean things were said about Vettel?. This has to be greatly exaggerated.

Covfan

We got an interview on Sky Sports during the race over here just a few laps after he retired, I think channel 4 took the same interview as well.

JDB

Banned
Verstappen was applying pressure the whole race. Anyone saying Hamilton "cruised to victory" should get their eyes checked.
I'm just messing around. Lewis has the tendency to whine and then set new lap records. Figured it'd be the same this time around. To be fair though, he was quite comfortable through most of the race.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
We got an interview on Sky Sports during the race over here just a few laps after he retired, I think channel 4 took the same interview as well.

It’ll be the papers. Sky especially, and I’m guessing C4, have a fantastic relationship with the paddock that they’ll want to maintain. They push, as journalists should, but don’t tend to go too far.

John_B

That’s a rough last couple of races for Vettel. I’m expecting him to put on that Alonso’s thousand yard stare any moment now. He needs for Hamilton to have a double DNF at this point.

nekkid

That’s a rough last couple of races for Vettel. I’m expecting him to put on that Alonso’s thousand yard stare any moment now. He needs for Hamilton to have a double DNF at this point.

There was that shot of him in the SC garage. Was hoping for a gif by now.

Pryce

So Verstappen needs to be in that Mercedes or Ferrari. His raw talent may be the best on the grid. Bottas is just not good enough for that seat, though. He's fine and has good drives but its clear he can't match Hamilton like Rosberg could.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah. That chassis will really fly when they get the 1500hp Honda engine.

Are we really that optomistic about the Honda engine getting good.
Or is this still part of the Japanese Horror Story-line.

John_B

Bottas in his first season with Mercedes is having a hard time matching a Hamilton in his most solid season yet. Rosberg was also majorly humbled by Hamilton in the 2015 season until it was settled, but Rosberg came back in the 2016 season and showed a level that some people didn’t believe he had in him.

I think we need to see Bottas next year before ruling him unworthy.

nekkid

So Verstappen needs to be in that Mercedes or Ferrari. His raw talent may be the best on the grid. Bottas is just not good enough for that seat, though. He's fine and has good drives but its clear he can't match Hamilton like Rosberg could.

But this season must have been one of the most enjoyable for Mercedes to date. It would have been nice to have him be quicker, but it’s been so straightforward for them.

l2ounD

X4zC9VW.png

#blessed

Bottas in his first season with Mercedes is having a hard time matching a Hamilton in his most solid season yet. Rosberg was also majorly humbled by Hamilton in the 2015 season until it was settled, but Rosberg came back in the 2016 season and showed a level that some people didn't believe he had in him.

I think we need to see Bottas next year before ruling him unworthy.

Woooaaaaahhhh people.

Woah woah woah.

Rosberg won the 2016 WDC, but he has never at any point "matched" Hamilton over a season.

In 2013, Lewis walked into the team fresh and scored pole positions and wins.

In 2014 Lewis had to fight back from a 25 point deficit to Rosberg from the first race after his car failed and still won.

In 2015 Lewis walked all over Rosberg like it was nothing.

In 2016 Lewis' car failures left right and centre, meaning he had to nurse worn engine components till spa where he replaced them all and started at the back of the grid, followed by his huge lead in Malaysia ending in his engine blowing up, basically gifted Rosberg the WDC and he still only won by 5 points. And when Nico did try to step up his driving that year, he just got penalties every other race for driving like a dick.

The only difference this year is that Ferrari and Red Bull are able to seperate the Mercs and steal points if they don't perform 100%.

Rosberg has never matched Hamilton.

John_B

Woooaaaaahhhh people.

Woah woah woah.

Rosberg has never matched Hamilton.
I didn’t even say that in my post. Rosberg stepped it up majorly for the 2016 season and had some great performances. I don’t think anyone really believes that Rosberg retired being every bit as good as Hamilton, but still he earned his championship by being good enough to put the decision in the hands of reliability.

Top Bottom