• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortune Summoners |OT| -- Time for an Adventure!

TheExodu5

Banned
Not getting stuttering (single-monitor setup atm), but am getting the ocassional 'refresh line' scrolling down the page.

Well you're playing without vsync, so that makes sense. If it's slowly scrolling down, it sounds like there's a refresh rate issue here.

TheExodu5

Banned
Figured out what the issue is concerning swing delay...the swing only starts when you let go of the attack button. That's a bit silly. Besides that, there's really no delay.

Jintor

This might be just me being completely idiot, but how the hell do I save the game? I can't find it in the main menu options...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I tried the demo, won't be buying this. Three things ruined it completely:

1. The momentum-based running. Waaaay to slippery, ruins the movement controls.

2. The delay when pressing the attack button. Unforgivable in this kind of game.

3. The stuttering. It's not super noticeable, but the game is not smooth at all. I don't know why, maybe a refresh rate problem, but it's very annoying.

Pretty sad that technical issues like these destroy any chance I would have of playing this game, since it's in my favourite genre :(

1. Yeah the sloppy movement is horrible, it isn't so bad once you got used to it. I remember missing my first moving platform jump like 4 times before memorizing the timing. You will never run during fight anyway.

2. I just played the demo today, only died twice, and one time is because I am too lazy to use potion (Note that I only got to the point in demo where the she enter the cave the second time and reach the pond).

I think a lot of people misunderstood this game as a mindless hack and slash game, the slash is designed to have delay and you need to utilize all your skills. They exist for a reason:

-attack - medium speed short range attack
-down + attack - fast short range poke with small damage
-forward + attack - step forward then a wide slash, kinda her heavy attack
-back + attack - quick backstab
-up + attack - anti air
-forward, up + attack - drop kick
-down, forward/backward - rolling

Let's say if a slime is one character away from you, it will jump and dodge every normal attack you throw at him, then attempt to counter attack.
If slime is right in front of you, it will attack you with a fast attack that's faster than your normal attack (That's why people complain it is unresponsive, since you got counter attacked every time you trying to press attack in front of the slime, normal attack does have built-in delay).

I found 2 ways to kill slime with out losing lots of hp, you can either block, then do a normal counter attack right after. This is pretty effective since you only take 1 damage when you block, and you start with like 100 hp.

Another way to do this is do use "down + attack" to do a quick poke which come out instantly(it will be faster than the slime's close range attack), then do a normal slash or wide slash during the slime's "hit-stun". When the slime jump toward you, just use your anti air, then follow by another wide slash.

If the slime is 3 character away from you, just do a wide slash. Since the wide attack point up in an angle, and last a lot longer than the normal attack, it will counter the slime's jump, and the slime isn't close enough to hit you out of your attack.

For bats that people been complain about, just listen to the sound, it will make a sound whenever it fly toward you. Just use the up+ attack anti air, if you confident enough you can jump and do another slash after the anti air hit. If you just jump mindlessly toward the bat, the AI will dodge your attack, or it will just fly under you to another side.

In the place where there are 2 bats + 1 slime, just run to another side. The bat will outrun the slime, so you have time to anti-air the 2 bats to death before the slime slowly get to you. Oh yeah, anti-air's hit box hit both side, so you don't really have to worry about 2 bat flying at you from different direction. Or you can just block, and do a quick anti-air, it will hit the bat as it run away.

Finally, turn auto block on, it will block whenever your not doing any attack or jumping. It is annoying having to hold block for too long when you fight against multiply enemies, waiting for a chance to escape or counter attack.

3. I don't notice any.

I can't figure out how to get the
second wind seal.

I'm in the town with the windmills, but I can't find where I'm supposed to go from there.

I can't figure out how to get the
second wind seal.

I'm in the town with the windmills, but I can't find where I'm supposed to go from there.
You have to visit the locked tower outside of that town and see an event with Arche' male friends. Then talk to the Mayor of the windmill town, and then you have to go through the cave/dungeon all the way to the left of the town.

You have to visit the locked tower outside of that town and see an event with Arche' male friends. Then talk to the Mayor of the windmill town, and then you have to go through the cave/dungeon all the way to the left of the town.

Where is the
locked tower?

duckroll

Is there a problem with the Steam overlay for this game? I took some screenshots earlier, but they didn't show up at all when I exited the game. I heard the snapshot sound effect and all too.

Yeah, the Steam overlay is being a bit fussy right now. It's being looked into.

Also glad to see people are generally enjoying the game. :3

Wow, fuck kobolds. Seriously...

Anyone know a trick to taking them down? Every time I hit they block and then hit me before I can block again.

Just finished this.
I wasn't a fan of the art style style and how he crammed almost every anime stereotype into the game and I didn't really like the momentum / laggy controls but I still liked the game a lot.
The combat was pretty fun even if it was hampered a bit by the controls. The game got pretty challenging towards the end and really forced you to use your abilities.
I was surprised at how long the game was, especially for something that was made by just 1 guy.

TheExodu5

Banned
Again, the controls aren't actually delayed...attacks just go off after you release the attack button. So, get in the habit of tapping the attack button very quickly instead of doing a longer press if you want the attacks to be nearly instantaneous.

I wonder if there's any program out there that might do this automatically. It would improve the controls a good deal.

Jintor

I want to goddamn strangle the designer for making me fight these damn kangaroos
as Stella
. The controls really work this game over. Combat would be so satisfying if they were more goddamn responsive.

Jintor

ARGH. That's it. I fucking quit. This shit is not built for platforming. Fuck you, unresponsive controls, fuck you, frictionless surfaces, I'm out.

Merkids are so annoying, what with their longass tridents and their mages casting diamond dust and healing everyone. And judging by what you guys are saying enemies get even more troublesome to deal with.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I just saw mention of this game over in the La-Mulana thread after someone mentioned it being like a 2D Dark Souls. I'm blown away after looking at a couple YouTube videos of it. I've been looking for a game that is similar in both graphics and gameplay to Wonder Boy in Monster World for the Sega Genesis for the longest time. This game looks super awesome and it's on GamersGate DRM free! Instant purchase if I wasn't flat broke.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So, there's no chance of a sequel to a beautiful game like this!? That's criminal. This game is what the world needs and I guess the game sold not well enough to warrant a follow up. :(

The Dark Witch Selene is momentarily defeated, flees and then there's that mysterious evil voice with no hint as to who or what is talking. The whole thing pretty much has a cliffhanger ending.

BTW, it's $4.99 on Steam right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203510/?snr=1_7_15__13

Top Bottom