• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Ultima Online Shard and Awesome PvP Action!

I remember there being a topic dedicated to this in the old GA forums. For fans of MMORPGs, this is a treat. There is a group of Ultima Online fans dedicated to running a FREE UO shard/server. That's right, there's no monthly fee. If you are interested in checking out what a MMORPG has to offer, then you should give this a whirl. It even runs well on 56k! Just be warned: the game is addictive.

http://www.ipyuo.com/

For those of you who have already played UO and don't like the "Everquest light" direction the game is going, you ought to give this a try as well. This free shard is OLD UO, the original Player Versus Player MADNESS that made UO so fun. Why give someone an alternative life if they can't be EVIL? >=)

Have fun! And if you ever see a character named Macing Mcgee running around yelling "I'll cut you!" to random people, stop and chat for awhile. :D

I don't know about the legality of this. I do remember there being a topic dedicated to this in the old forums, and I don't recall there being a problem with it at the time. If I'm not supposed to post this, I apologize. :(

ChrisReid

It's gotta be clearly against the EULA of the game, and the people who run it could probably get in trouble, but I think it's been going on for a few years without real problems.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Its a sketchy area, if you own Ultima Online, in theory there should be no problems with it. However, probably legally there is.

Top Bottom