• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free XBN, CGW, EGM subscriptions

GDGF

Soothsayer
No catch really. Just don't fill out any resubscribe cards you get in the mail (unless you want to, ofcourse) and you're fine. They do it so they can claim to the advertisers (where the real money is generated) that they have huge subscription bases, and then they attract even more advertisers, and can also charge more for magazine real estate.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Sweet thanks, I haven't had a computer shopper subscription in ages...

MC Safety

MaddenNFL64 said:
Damn, all I want is EGM :\.

Does XBN come with cool extras?

EDIT: WTH, I got XBN too. It's free, so why not?

Each copy comes with a signed first-edition of "The Sun Also Rises." No lie.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Does anyone else get EGM through Zinio? What was the last issue you got? I've only got one, and it's the one with KOTOR2 on the front and that was fricken ages ago. I keep trying the manual check for new magazines thing, but it says I've got all of them.

Damn thing, KOTOR2 can't be the most recent issue.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet got Egm :)

Thanks Wario.

Mama Smurf said:
Does anyone else get EGM through Zinio? What was the last issue you got? I've only got one, and it's the one with KOTOR2 on the front and that was fricken ages ago. I keep trying the manual check for new magazines thing, but it says I've got all of them.

Received this one and the Driv3r one. That's it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mama Smurf said:

Yeah, I got my free EGM through Zinio. But you should have two more issues after that. DRIV3R cover and then PSP vs Nintendo DS cover.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Scorpion said:
Does anyone know if I can change my EGM subscription from electronic (zinio) to a mail subscription?

Yes, I've done it twice. Go to their customer service page for EGM (you can find it at www.ziffdavis.com) and enter your address info and access your subscription account. Send them a question asking them to switch your magazine subscription from digital to print. They'll switch it for you, no questions asked

Another alternative is to call their customer service

shpankey

not an idiot
Sweet. Once again, thanks Wario. First the Gamefly deal now this. Man, you are the greatest poster at GAF! These deals you find kick fucking ass! Thank you!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

That's nothing though, my bro has a free subscription to Maxim till 2019. Yes, 2019.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wario64 said:

That's nothing though, my bro has a free subscription to Maxim till 2019. Yes, 2019.

Hmm, so when you try many different deals they don't send like 5 EGMs at the same time? How are you making it last till 2012? Do they just add on another year to your existing account with the publisher?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yes, the subscriptions stack up. As long as you enter in the exact address info and stuff, it should stack

Grizzlyjin

Wario64 said:
Yes, the subscriptions stack up. As long as you enter in the exact address info and stuff, it should stack

Cool, cause I have the free print versions of EGM, XBN, Gamepro, and PSM. And I was hoping that they all stacked so I wouldn't have to register again and miss 4-8 weeks worth of issues. The only one that is in danger of ending right now is the Gamepro subscription, the rest are good for another 6 months.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nein. I could use a free GMR subscription too. The Official Playstation Magazine would be cool too, but there hasn't been any offers for those two

well the website says you are supposed to receive a confirmation email, but i never received one? maybe it doesnt even matter.

Top Bottom