• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prime Day to give Suicide Squad, Rise of Tomb Raider and Chivalry for Free

JCK75

They never game Steam games away.

They gave away their launcher’s games, and have since added GoG, Epic, and some small outfit I never heard of and don’t bother with.

I feel like they did but what they NEVER had was Epic.. I'm fine with anything but

Last edited:
It doesn't work that way on Prime Gaming — when receiving EGS games. You have to link your Epic account to your Prime account and they send the game to your library directly. GOG games are the only ones they give out codes for, unfortunately.

Oh, that sucks, but hey, thanks for the heads up.

Majukun

how does it work ?
do you get a code to redeem the game in another shop? or amazon has its own launcher and you can play them only as long as you have prime?

MiguelItUp

Damnit, I just bought Suicide Squad in the Steam Sale.

(for what it's worth, the single player campaign was fun for what it was. If you ignore all the gaas stuff it's a fine, 7.5/10 type game)
Yeah, as someone that got it free at launch, that's exactly how I felt. But the hate train was full steam ahead, which was understandable of course. Even if it felt a bit over the top. The game honestly was.... fine. Not god awful, not great, just fine. It just really should've been more, but didn't take long to find out it wouldn't be, lol.

Denton

how does it work ?
do you get a code to redeem the game in another shop? or amazon has its own launcher and you can play them only as long as you have prime?
you activate free trial for a week, then you click on redeem which leads you to link EGS account with Amazon, then you confirm it and the game gets tied to your EGS account where you download and play it

I just did that and got bunch of games that are already there this way (Weird West, Shredder Revenge etc)

In a week you cancel the sub (or keep it going if you want)

there-it-is-sacrifice.gif

My patience paid off with Suicide Squad.

Top Bottom