• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Season 2 Announced

walter568

Neo Member
My favorite anime, what a good new. !
All that's missing is a season 2 of My Dress-Up Darling and I will be fulfilled.

Rat Rage

aLdFf5X.gif

Vyse

Gold Member
My favorite anime, what a good new. !
All that's missing is a season 2 of My Dress-Up Darling and I will be fulfilled.
Really? Came highly recommended. I thought it was a slog. Watched like 7 episodes of the first season and nothing happened.

Lunarorbit

If you haven't watched it you should.

Besides delicious in dungeon one of the best anime in years. As far as swords and sandals it's just as good or better than castlevania with Trevor and sylphia.

SJRB

Gold Member
Guys I'm watching S1 right now, I'm two episodes in and enjoying the comfy wholesome vibes but without spoiling anything: is something going to happen or is it all more of a lowkey slice of life philosophical experience?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Guys I'm watching S1 right now, I'm two episodes in and enjoying the comfy wholesome vibes but without spoiling anything: is something going to happen or is it all more of a lowkey slice of life philosophical experience?
A new adventure happens while continuing to reminisce about the epic quest. But it’s not about defeating the big evil and saving the world, since that already happened. I don’t think you’ll regret sticking with it, but it does have a lot of slice of life going on. I’m not a slice of life person myself though and I really enjoyed it.

Fbh

Nice.
Madhouse sticking around is great news.
I really hope they bring back Evan Call too because at least to me the OST was what elevated the first season from great to amazing

The first half of the season is more episodic, and more focused around the slice of life elements
The second half is a bit more action heavy and has longer multi episode arcs. The last third in particular (around episode 18-26) is all one story arc and it's fairly action heavy.

That said, and keep in mind I haven't read the manga, I get the impression this is always going to be more about the journey, the characters and the challenges they find along the way than some sort of grand main storyline

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Don't think too much about it, don't expect anything, just embrace the show's flow at let it all slowly unfold and sink in. This is how you consume it the right way IMHO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom