• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Snopes, Urban Myth Debunked, truth much more horrifying.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
So I get this email, saying sushi loving man eats sushi all day everyday, always searching for the freshest rawest sushi. Cue the worms setting up a nest in his brain, photo attached. Of course the bullshit alarm went off and I checked snopes.

VOMIT.

DUDE, YOU TOTALLY LET THIS GET OUT OF HAND

Obviously old as hell as its an email that circulates, I just find it disturbing that the truth is probably freakyer than the fiction that accompanied the photos.

calder

Holy shit!

Everyone's gotten that email, and I never really bought the whole fly-egg thing but I always thought the pics were real. You're right, the truth really is more horrifying.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
That dude was driving a car when found.

OR WERE THE WORMS DRIVING?!?

fart

Savant
this kind of thing happens more often than you'd think (which is never) because the brain doesn't have any pain nerves or something, so people's skulls disintegrate via infection or whatever and something sets up shop on their brain, but the pain is actually better now so they don't get treatment

maggots in particular tend to clean wounds so that might be why the guy was still alive and functioning

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
fart said:
this kind of thing happens more often than you'd think (which is never) because the brain doesn't have any pain nerves or something, so people's skulls disintegrate via infection or whatever and something sets up shop on their brain, but the pain is actually better now so they don't get treatment

Fair enough I spose. I guess I'm kinda vain though, cause you know, If I could actually SEE MY BRAIN I would pop down the ER pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom