• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Front Mission 4 = $14.99 @ bestbuy.com

And we europeans haven't got it at all. YOU SUCK IN EUROPE SQUARE ENIX for not giving us the opportunity to spend our beloved money on this game, even for the full price.

luxsol

Wario64 said:
The intro rocks too. They should make Front Mission Online something like that
ahahahahahahah... yeah right. Armored Core doesn't even play like that and its purely action.

There aren't any mech games like this online. If it played like the intro it would be a mix between RTCW/Enemy Territory and MechAssault.

joshschw

I sold my demo disk for this much on ebay before it came out and they were giving the free demos to everyone :)

terrible game if you ask me.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
This season, make sure to get Druaga and FM4. Forget GTA:SA and Halo2.

Wario64 said:
What's so bad about the game?

The simple anwser to me is that it isn't that much improved from the FM3 in any aspect. It was really more of the same and more of an add on over a fully new game.

Jumpman Jr. said:
Explain. Disgaea and Phontom Brave got me hooked on SRPGs.

What does FM4 bring to the party?

Disgaea and Phantom Brave are extensions of the classic SRPG - a little bit of customization and a hell of a lot of field time. FM4 has a much different balance - think FFT meets Armored Core. I talk a little bit about it here and here amidst other babbling.

callous

Tommie Hu$tle said:
The simple anwser to me is that it isn't that much improved from the FM3 in any aspect. It was really more of the same and more of an add on over a fully new game.

Nothing is improved as I see it. Apart from a new link system between units, they have actually taken away several of the things that made FM3 so cool. You can no longer capture Wanzers and pick them for parts and there's no internet/email, for example.

In spite of this, I am enjoying FM4, but I don't know if I'll finish it. I'm already tiring a little bit of doing sim missions in between real missions just to keep up the experience points in preperation for the next battle. It's more challenging than FM3, though, which I see as a good thing. SRPGs are usually too easy.

Nothing is improved as I see it. Apart from a new link system between units, they have actually taken away several of the things that made FM3 so cool. You can no longer capture Wanzers and pick them for parts and there's no internet/email, for example.

Exactly how I feel, most of the best features of FM3 were stipped out of the sequel. The size of each level/# of enemies was increased dramatically but the damage your Wanzers deal out has been lowered significantly. This turns battles in FM4 into boring struggles of attrition that never seem to end. The story is also inferior to FM3 in both its scope and depth.

If you guys want to play a Front Mission game then head to the used bins or Ebay for FM3. The graphics haven't held up well but the gameplay is still top notch SRPG.

Top Bottom