• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G-Phoria - the Award Show 4 Gamers - to Show big Lineup of Video Game Exclusives

Deg

Banned
Sorry guys i'm getting a 'your post needs to have at least one character error'.

Nearly 20 Never-Before-Seen Titles and Trailers to Be Featured at Television Event

First Playable Versions of 'Half-Life(R) 2' and 'Counter-Strike(TM): Source' to Be Shown

LOS ANGELES, July 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Hail to the gaming gods! "G-Phoria - - The Award Show 4 Gamers" will unveil nearly 20 major video game exclusives at this year's television event to be taped on Saturday, July 31 at the Shrine Expo Center in Los Angeles. Hosted by celebrity pin-up Carmen Electra and hubby rocker Dave Navarro, G-Phoria is the original award show that celebrates the year's hottest video games, stars, music and trends that define the gamer lifestyle.opping this year's hot-list is Valve's "Half-Life® 2" and "Counter-StrikeTM: Source." G-Phoria will highlight the first U.S. playable versions of these much-anticipated games and also show-off a new 8-person-multiplayer version of "CS: Source."

Other world exclusives include the first-look at "Oddworld Stranger" -- the latest smash hit from EA and Oddworld Inhabitants; never-before-seen video from Ubisoft's "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Chaos Theory(TM)" (PC) and "Prince of Persia® 2" (multi-platform) and the first playable versions of "Halo® 2" (Xbox®) and "Need For Speed(TM) Underground 2" (multi-platform).

In addition, celebrities and gaming fanatics will get a sneak peek and the first chance to sample the latest builds from new and existing blockbuster titles such as "Gran Turismo(TM) 4", "God of War(TM)", "Ratchet & Clank®: Up Your Arsenal", "Jak 3(TM)", "Killzone(TM)", "Rumble Roses(TM)" and "Metal Gear Solid®3: Snake Eater" (all PlayStation®2 exclusive), "Metroid® Prime 2: Echoes", "Donkey Kong® Jungle Beat", "Donkey Konga(TM)", "Resident Evil® 4" (all Nintendo GameCube(TM) exclusive), "Mario Pinball(TM)" (Game Boy® Advance, PlayStation 2), "Madden NFL(TM) 2005" (multi-platform), "Def Jam® Fight For NY(TM)" (multi-platform) and "Katamari Damacy" (PlayStation 2).

"G-Phoria -- The Award Show 4 Gamers" will premiere on G4techTV on FRIDAY, AUGUST 6 at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT, with the pre-show broadcast starting at 7:30 PM ET/4:30 PM PT.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Looks like you hit the post button too soon.

Who picks the awards anyway? And I'm not watching it just cause it's G4

"Mario Pinball(TM)" (Game Boy® Advance, PlayStation 2)

ok.

GDGF

Soothsayer
G-Phoria might actually be good this year. The preshow stuff has been much improved over last year, and we, the people, actually decided who wins or loses by voting on the G4TTV website.

Alex

Maybe they have some decent shows I am missing, but from the bits and pieces I've sampled, G4 is one embarrasing mess of a channel. Every show I've seen has been utter trash since I recenetly found out it was carried in our cable package. (hidden up in the high channels, heh)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah, I'm not exactly thrilled that the winners are determined by a poll. It's like fanboys rooting for their games

Alex said:
Maybe they have some decent shows I am missing, but from the bits and pieces I've sampled, G4 is one emabarrasing mess of a channel. Every show I've seen has been utter trash since I recenetly found out it was carried in our cable package. (hidden up in the high channels, heh)

The only good show(s) that I've seen are Icons and Pulse. Everything else sucks. I wish the merge never happened. I want my Techtv back

FightyF

Banned
I like Icons, Screen Savers, the various Tallarico shows, Sweat (I think that's what it is called, it's the sports one) and XPlay.

I think it's a pretty good channel. It would suck if you were like a Nintendo fan though, there is very little being shown in the way of Nintendo. Though there isn't much Nintendo has been showing :p

Though the G4ia (...wait...why do they call it G-Phoria?) awards look like they are going to suck. I was gonna vote, but the nominees are retarded. I didn't bother.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Well FfF, I am a hardcore Nintendo junkie that just happens to love G4TTV. Maybe it's just because I remember the old days when people like us prayed for an all video game channel, but that is besides the point :)

Any hardcore Nintendo fanatic would loathe the show Pulse, as they dog Nintendo on a regular basis. I'm not a Nintendo fan by any means, so I would laugh, but they do the same thing to my favorite company, Sega. So that shit isn't funny. Pulse is fanboy news by people who resemble EGM editors.

The last Gphoria was about as bad as Spike TV's award show. It was hilarious when they showed a performace by Public Enemy, with video cuts of the nerds in the crowd bopping without rhythm to the music.. It was absolutely surreal and strange!

Damn. I guess I'm gonna have to watch it (or better yet, tape it so I can buzz through). Had no intention of every watching one moment of it, EVER, but that's a lot of worthwhile preview footage.

FightyF

Banned
It was hilarious when they showed a performace by Public Enemy, with video cuts of the nerds in the crowd bopping without rhythm to the music.. It was absolutely surreal and strange!

ROFLMAO!

Vibri

Banned
Uh, If I'm reading this right, they're saying that Halo 2, Counter-Strike Source, Half-Life 2, and Splinter Cell Cell 3 are playable at this event?

Is anyone going? Impressions?

Top Bottom