• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gabe from PA agrees with DJ Demon J on Nintendo DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sriram

Thats true but the same can be said of dj demon j who comes into every ds thread to troll. Also I dont really get his point, as far as it being vb2. Its got big pre-orders and gabe mentions that his girlfriend likes it as do alot of people who've played it here. One of the big things with ds was to make non gamers play games and it looks like it might be successful in that.
I dont particularly like gta and I could easily find someone who agrees with me but that doesnt mean I troll every thread and call everyone sony fanboys.

ManaByte

Gold Member
mediabiz said:
I like DS its reeeally cute :)
And regarding PSP - its heavy and unsexy.

Actually the PSP is a lot less clunky to hold than the DS, and it's smaller.

BTW: This isn't a troll. I have my DS + Mario all paid off and ready to go on Sunday.

bobbyconover said:
Your opinion in and of itself isn't trolling. Trolling is bringing it up at every possible opportunity, tossing it out there even when it's completely irrelevant to the conversation, with the sole intent of being a dickhead and annoying people. Kinda like why you started this thread.

dINGDINGINDINGDINGDING! wINNAH!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
The thing is, Sony has to prove we're gonna have a handheld I'm not gonna be buying 2 or 3 of because of UMD read errors, overheating, or what was the PSX's problem, bad firmware?
I mean with the DS, worse case scenario is I spent $100 (counting that EB deal) on something to play my collection of GBA games that has two screens. I'm that confident in Nintendo's hardware.

jiggle

Anyone posting this, probably, would've been labeled a troll anyway. Just so happen it came from a more controversial person.

DJ Demon J said:
Yea, because every time DJ Demon J posts anything critical about Nintendo it's gotta be a troll.
Since everyone knows you hate all things Nintendo, and you'd more than likely go out of your way to disprove that by posting a frivilous aspect regarding the company that you do like (Hey, I enjoyed F-Zero X, so see!), here's the deal. You can only post positive things about Nintendo from now on, and we'll just assume that anything regarding Nintendo you DON'T post about (The DS, the GBA, the GC, all of their games, their PR, etc), you dislike, disapprove of, or hate. So that's the way it is now, and failure to comply will result in you getting banned, blah blah blah

Have fun

Mike Works said:
Since everyone knows you hate all things Nintendo, and you'd more than likely go out of your way to disprove that by posting a frivilous aspect regarding the company that you do like (Hey, I enjoyed F-Zero X, so see!), here's the deal. You can only post positive things about Nintendo from now on, and we'll just assume that anything regarding Nintendo you DON'T post about (The DS, the GBA, the GC, all of their games, their PR, etc), you dislike, disapprove of, or hate. So that's the way it is now, and failure to comply will result in you getting banned, blah blah blah

Have fun

Mike, if you were a church, I'd be there every Sunday! :)

Gchaime

So you don't like nintendo, well you proved your point.

Please just go some where and enjoy your Xbox instead of annoying us withworthless threads.

Celicar

Banned
I loved my experience with the DS. It is fantastic. I will buy two for myself. Sell the rest on ebay. This thing is going to SELL!!!!1

Speevy

Banned
Exactly what does anyone hope to gain by bashing the DS at this stage?

Is it going to bomb? Maybe, but certainly not at launch.
Does it suck? Not any more than the first Gameboy Advance did.
Does it have poor third party support? No.

And if you don't like it, there's always the market leading handheld you can buy for the next couple of years until it's replaced by the next model.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Speevy said:
And if you don't like it, there's always the market leading handheld you can buy for the next couple of years until it's replaced by the next model.
Or you can get a PSP and never have to worry about GBA 2.

Speevy

Banned
Society said:
Or you can get a PSP and never have to worry about GBA 2.

That would be getting a handheld just to spite Nintendo, or just because of the graphics, a phenomenon confined to message boards, I assure you.

But the PSP is an awesome product. I'd buy both handhelds if I....um...cared about handhelds, or played "on the go", like many of you do suddenly.

Sriram said:
Why make a new topic just about this? You've made your opinion clear in every ds thread so far and this was before you'd even played it yourself[b/].

Umm, E3? I've played the DS and its launch library several times already.

Mike Works said:

Have fun

Fair enough (not), then can I get my tag changed back to the old "Vote Nintendo 3rd Party 2008!" then? No need for the current one anymore it seems.

Teddman

In my opinion, the best DS game is Balloon Trip. Of everything I've seen/played on DS, it was one of the only games to really use the abilities of the touchscreen and stylus to make for a new gameplay experience. Not like anything I've played before, except a bit like a classic Game & Watch title in that the action carries across two screens.

It has a Yoshi's Island vibe and is really very fun. I don't care much for what else is on offer near launch... When does Balloon Trip come out?

Teddman

Willco said:
It's official. Redskins fans know the DS is a bust!
Heheh, damn three posts in a row!

So they renamed Balloon Trip to Yoshi's Touch & Go? Bah... I liked the simple, original title better. They could call it Yoshi's Balloon Trip or something if they have to get a mascot name in there. It was also cool how "Balloon Trip" conjured up memories of Nintendo's other classic handheld balloon-riding game, the underappreciated Balloon Kid for original GameBoy.

Dilbert

DJ Demon J said:
Fair enough (not), then can I get my tag changed back to the old "Vote Nintendo 3rd Party 2008!" then? No need for the current one anymore it seems.
It ought to be "Pro-Nintendo viral marketer...or else."

DJ Demon J said:
You're right, there wasn't any need for the current one.

See you on Halo 2!

Mike Works said:
You're right, there wasn't any need for the current one.

See you on Halo 2!

"If YOU see ME talk negatively about Nintendo, PM Mike Works with a link to my post, and you'll get a free tag of your choice!"

Seriously Mike, you open a church, I'm there EVERY FUCKING SUNDAY! :lol

AniHawk

Mike Works said:
If YOU see ME talk negatively about Nintendo, PM Mike Works with a link to my post, and you'll get a free tag of your choice!

Nothing personal, DJ, but if that happens, I want to get my "One by one, the penguins steal my sanity." tag. ;)

Willco

Hollywood Square
Hey, the Expos signed Vinny Castilla and Christian Guzman this week! And got Jose Guillen in a trade!

My gut tells me everything Gabe said about DS is going to ring true in a few months. I for one will not be an early adopter of the system. The only game I'm remotely interested in is Shin Megami Tensei, and even that is a big maybe. There's also very little chance it will be localized.

Unison

This system is launching with one (1!) Nintendo-made game. It is obvious we can't yet judge it. I think Nintendo is giving its 3rd parties a chance to establish themselves by not releasing more DS software this year. It is a boneheaded move from the perspective of Nintendo in the short term, but the hope must be that it will pay off when publishers see 3rd party games can sell well on the system (which should stop next year when all the Nintendo-made games come out :lol ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom