• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Fantasy Football Dynasty League (Interest Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

So I've been interested in playing in a dynasty style league for sometime now. It's pretty close to the start of the season, but just wanted to see if there was interest from any FF fanatics that have been/are/were interested in a Dynasty style league.

Now for those unfamiliar with how Dynasty leagues run, you basically keep 80% (usually) or more of your roster year to year. So whereas a redraft league would basically give you a new roster every year, a Dynasty league would have you keep 15 of your 20 or 25 guys on your roster.

What is a Dynasty League?

A dynasty style fantasy football league is a league where you retain most or all of your players from year to year. This creates an environment which is very different from that of a redraft league. By enabling team owners to keep players and build a team over time, there is a much stronger sense of team ownership, and success is achieved with a greater sense of satisfaction.

Trades are vital to team success year to year, and rookies help keep your team going as well.

If there's some interest (perhaps 11 other people, or 9 others for a minimum of 10 players) we can get it started and setup before the first game of the season.

Here's a great site to read for more info on how they work: http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/what-is-a-dynasty-league/

We can discuss the settings and such as I gauge the interest for something like this.

I've always been interested in a dynasty league: always like different approaches to fantasy leagues in general after half a decade of 10/12 league snake redraft leagues. If a GAF dynasty league comes to fruition, I'm definitely down

Do you keep most of your players though? I always thought that you only keep like 3-4 players? How would drafting work for years 2 on?

Edit: read your link, and I was thinking of a keeper league. It definitely sounds like fun, but I can see an issue with keeping everyone involved for years on end

Ferny

I've always been interested in a dynasty league: always like different approaches to fantasy leagues in general after half a decade of 10/12 league snake redraft leagues. If a GAF dynasty league comes to fruition, I'm definitely down

Do you keep most of your players though? I always thought that you only keep like 3-4 players? How would drafting work for years 2 on?

Edit: read your link, and I was thinking of a keeper league. It definitely sounds like fun, but I can see an issue with keeping everyone involved for years on end

Yeah, while it's not too hard to find replacements, it is harder than the usual redraft league because you will be taking over a team that is already established. It is fun tho, even if you don't win the league, dynasty teams can always become powerhouses if you get the right rookies together and mix of vets. Especially year over year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom