• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF FC - Official PS3 FIFA 11 Club!

thomasbk

2h53bzr.jpg

Club name: GAF FC
League: N. America

SQUAD: (NeoGAF / PSN)

thomasbk / TBKkiller
LW - LM

Fistwell / Mortel04 / GMT+2 /
CAM-ST

sun-drop / sun-drop

r4z4 / r_4_z_4

EDIT: *Updated to put info from sun-drop's club. Thanks sun-drop!
*Thanks for the banner Fistwell!

Can't find it either.

It must be pretty rare to get 11 human players online at the same time, huh? Does it just fill it out with CPU guys? And are they brain-dead? :lol

Adamm

BigKaboom2 said:
Can't find it either.

It must be pretty rare to get 11 human players online at the same time, huh? Does it just fill it out with CPU guys? And are they brain-dead? :lol

Yeh it fills up the rest of the team with CPU players.
They arent that bad from what i have seen - they dont do anything stupid but they also wont do anything amazing :lol

thomasbk

I'll check when I get home in about 4 hours to see what happened. After I created the club it kicked me out of the EA servers last night, and couldn't log back in. So maybe something happened there!

thomasbk

Ok, the club was created, but I searched for it on another account and couldn't find it either! :S I searched using every parameter and nothing.

Here is the proof that it does exist! :p
def5fc8a.jpg

Sorry for screwing this up :S

Maybe someone else can create a club so we can play some team games? please?

eh, i've quit mine to join some random club. Cant help but notice the 360 kids have us beat. :)
It'd b nice if someone had the energy to properly set this up. I probably dont sadly...

Also, WOW LAG. My teammates loved me, until i took a PK.I swear to god, i pressed at the exact time i was supposed to! Yet it kept going, and going, and going, and BAM! ALL RED!

Edit: as for finding clubs, being friends would make it easy. Can we keep a log of psn accounts in the op? Me:

Fistwell / Mortel04 / GMT+2 / CAM-ST

Edit2: I made a shitty-ass banner.
2h53bzr.jpg

Edit3: shameless attention whoring mini-game, see how many games you can recognize without looking up google image.

r4z4

still no luck finding the GAF clubs, wtf EA?!

r_4_z_4 on psn if you wanna add me.

Hoping this gets sorted out soon :(

sun-drop

oh well i've created one, try searching for GAF FC , N.america league as i guess most of you are in that.

made it non public so i'll add as you guys apply.

r4z4

Great now my Online Pass is corrupted and I can't re-download it. WTF EA!?

Edit - got your friend request mortel04, lets hope I cant get online soon.

Edit 2- Found GAF FC, sent a request to be added, finally something that works!

Fun couple of games sun and r4. Lag was getting a little frustrating there in the end.
Also, r4, nice goal in that first game. And i'm not just saying that because the lobbed-chipped-through-ball assist was from me and was STUPENDOUS. The goal itself was pretty nice as well. :)

r4z4

Haha thanks Fist, it was all in the assist :D

More players would be awesome, c'mon PS3 GAF!

I'm trying to log more time with my Pro to improve his physical stats, made him taller also.

Unfortunately I work away from home during the week till November so will only be able to play weekends.

thomasbk

I sent the request to join! Too bad I saw this too late and wasnt around to play before! :(

I updated the OP to have GAF FC's info!

Fistwell, if you update that banner to say GAF FC insted of REAL GAF I'll put it in the OP! BTW, I dont recognize any of those games! lol, maybe the top left is FIFA 96 and the bottom left is FIFA 95? ... I had 96 on snes! :D

thomasbk said:
I sent the request to join! Too bad I saw this too late and wasnt around to play before! :(

I updated the OP to have GAF FC's info!

Fistwell, if you update that banner to say GAF FC insted of REAL GAF I'll put it in the OP! BTW, I dont recognize any of those games! lol, maybe the top left is FIFA 96 and the bottom left is FIFA 95? ... I had 96 on snes! :D
Request approved, (shitty) banner updated, see you online soon!

Edit: games are
international superstar soccer (nintendo 64, 97) - emlyn hughes international soccer (commodore 64, 88) - international soccer (commodore 64, 83) - kick off 2 (amiga, 90)
fifa international soccer (snes, 94) - sensible soccer (amiga, 92) - match day 2 (spectrum, cpc, 87)

agaru

Noob question: I'm only interested in the club (no league), how do I join it from the game?

I can play in any vacant position
except GK.

PSN: agaru
Time: GMT+3

agaru said:
Noob question: I'm only interested in the club (no league), how do I join it from the game?

I can play in any vacant position
except GK.

PSN: agaru
Time: GMT+3
Noob myself, not sure i understand what you mean by "no league". There's really nothing formal at all about the club, afaik.
To join, selecting "pro club" from your virtual pro menu should give you the option to search clubs to join. Unfortunately, it seems that search is borked for now. The easy way is to send a FR to any club member, then you have the option to join a friend's club. Actually, i'll just send you a FR later today.

agaru

Fistwell said:
Noob myself, not sure i understand what you mean by "no league". There's really nothing formal at all about the club, afaik.
To join, selecting "pro club" from your virtual pro menu should give you the option to search clubs to join. Unfortunately, it seems that search is borked for now. The easy way is to send a FR to any club member, then you have the option to join a friend's club. Actually, i'll just send you a FR later today.
Doesn't the league require you to be present at certain scheduled times? Not my thing, if so. What's the idea of it anyways? Do you play in a team with friends against the CPU or against other human teams?

Also, looks like I have to create a virtual pro (yeah I don't have one :lol). So I can't join the club unless I have a VP, correct?

agaru said:
Doesn't the league require you to be present at certain scheduled times? Not my thing, if so. What's the idea of it anyways? Do you play in a team with friends against the CPU or against other human teams?

Also, looks like I have to create a virtual pro (yeah I don't have one :lol). So I can't join the club unless I have a VP, correct?
You play with other club members, against other clubs, up to eleven human players by team, if less people are there, the other players are computer controlled. Minimum of two human players per team. Games can be friendlies, league or cup games. I think you can schedule games, but that's not necessary. All games i've played, i just showed up online, checked if people were there, if so, we play against random club and that's it.
You do need a vp. He's the player playing in the team. Sent you a FR btw.

agaru said:
Sounds awesome. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah I'll add you later. :D
Yeah it is good fun.

sun-drop said:
here's me setting up a opportunity fist slammed home, tight.
lol, had saved that one too, nice assist. We also earned a nice draw against a good team, they had around 2800 points or something. Good games.
Slightly OT, but here's the volley i scored against you.
for the record, sun beat me on the second game we played.

Edit: thinking about it, our games had remarkably little lag, given that you're in NZ and i'm in europe. Or at least, i didnt see much lag on my end. I'm kind of impressed.

agaru

Just pm'd a mod to change the thread title from REAL GAF to GAF FC. :D

Hopefully I'll get on my ps3 later to create a VP and join the fun!!

edit: thanks Stumpo for updating the thread title. best mod eva! :p

thomasbk

last weekend I woke up like at 9am my time and you had already played... you guys gonna play at the same time? I can try to wake up earlier to play with you!

Thanks for the games guys. I was Haruspex8 in case you were wondering. Man it's hard with a mostly CPU team. Also, we need to use formations with more width in future.

sun-drop

is there a way to message yr club mates, or hell even invite to a club game inside of fifa?

so lame if you can't .. i mean i dont really have enough psn freind slots to add the whole gaf club ...i guess i could manaually message via psn and type the name in ... but yeh ... it should be an option inside the club.

hell even a mass email to online club members ... come on EA , patch this shit

r4z4

Haha yeh that was agaru and I. We lost the next game 3-0 though :(

I've been training up my pro who is now 81 as a striker and 83 as a winger so any of those positions are fine for me (going to be training myself in every position eventually) The training Made a massive difference yesterday, especially physically, gives you another split-second on the ball.

Yeh that pro-clubs interface needs some serious love. I can't seen to be able to arrange friendlies either. Might be cause of my wireless network? Need to run an Ethernet cable to my PS3.

Top Bottom