• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
I fell asleep listening to it last night, no joke.

Ok so just a heads up, my weak ass label only shipped 55k physicals cuz they treated this like some indie side project tax right off. So i apologize on behalf of my weak ass major label. And I apologize for the lack of promo, again, my weak ass major label. They tried to rush me thru this so i can just give em another MOTM, but guess what? Fuck that, next album is WZRD. MOTM3 on hold til 2014. who mad??? not me and @DotDaGenius :) So its def gonna be tough to find one in the stores guys, I’m sorry about that. I gotta go out and find one too, becuz my weak ass label never even gave us a copy of our own album. FAIL!!! Im lettin Universal Republic have it, fuck it. What they gon’ do, spank me?? hahahaha. Ok let me go out here and try and find my album y’all. Enjoy the jams!! Play them LOUD. Upset your parents and the neighborhood :) peace
-Cudi

Ok so just a heads up, my weak ass label only shipped 55k physicals cuz they treated this like some indie side project tax right off. So i apologize on behalf of my weak ass major label. And I apologize for the lack of promo, again, my weak ass major label. They tried to rush me thru this so i can just give em another MOTM, but guess what? Fuck that, next album is WZRD. MOTM3 on hold til 2014. who mad??? not me and @DotDaGenius :) So its def gonna be tough to find one in the stores guys, I’m sorry about that. I gotta go out and find one too, becuz my weak ass label never even gave us a copy of our own album. FAIL!!! Im lettin Universal Republic have it, fuck it. What they gon’ do, spank me?? hahahaha. Ok let me go out here and try and find my album y’all. Enjoy the jams!! Play them LOUD. Upset your parents and the neighborhood :) peace
-Cudi

Dear God.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
-Cudi

Cudi is a lame confirmed..

-Cudi

FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WZRD has a couple nice tracks, the rest was average to bad

I was really hoping WZRD was just something he'd get out of system, but he's feeling himself at a dangerous level now (Kanye level)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-Cudi
CuDi....

....what the fuck man.

This is a bad way to start the new OT for me.

Recon

Banned
Even kanye had his peak of his self masturbation is still better than 95% of artists out there. Let's be realistic

Thats being unrealistic. Reality is MBDTF and WTT are bad, compared to anything. And fuck you for starting this cycle again.

LOZLINK

Thats being unrealistic. Reality is MBDTF and WTT are bad, compared to anything. And fuck you for starting this cycle again.

Both of them are not bad. They might not appeal to you, but MBDTF was a fantastic album, albeit a completely different direction. WTT is a lot more listenable than College dropout or Late Registration, despite them being 100x better albums.

Also, might as well get it out of the way early

Even kanye had his peak of his self masturbation is still better than 95% of artists out there. Let's be realistic

Not saying Cudi is on Kanye's level, but let's not act like Kanye = confirmed hit

and again here we gooooooooooooooooo

1. MBDTF 5/5
2. College Dropout 4.5/5
3. Late Registration 4.5/5
4. Graduation 3.5/5
5. 808 3.5/5
6. WTT 3/5

cdyhybrid

First name? Chris
Where'd you get your username? CDY are my initials, I'm ethnically mixed so "hybrid"
Age? 25
Where do you live? Seattle
Where are you from? Hawaii
How'd you end up where you are? Moved up here to go to UW, stayed here since.
First Hip Hop Album? First one I actually bought and owned might have been The Black Album (don't really remember right now), but I was listening long before then and checking stuff out on...the internet.

Top 5 movies? Pulp Fiction, Aliens, The Matrix, Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze

Top 5 Video games? Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Starcraft

What did you read last? I think it was The Definitive Book of Body Language. It's been a while

What did you watch last?
GSL Code A early this morning

Favorite non hip hop album?
Metallica's Ride the Lightning

Favorite Drink? Jameson on the rocks

Play any sports? Played soccer when I was younger, shoot hoops by myself at the gym sometimes

How was your high school life? nerd loner first three years, drinker/partier senior year

Bad habits? booze and video games

Employment? Retail management at the moment

Hobbies? Video games, lifting to put some meat on my scrawny frame, looking to take up a combat sport of some sort, maybe boxing or something

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Chris Brown

Why'd you end up on gaf? Played EQ when I was younger and frequented the Fires of Heaven boards as a result, eventually got linked to here

Other threads you frequent? College Football, SC2 and related tournament threads, I lurk the manga thread for Bleach, lurk the Fitness thread, lurk the college basketball thread

Threads you avoid like the plague? "GAF, my house is on fire, what should I do?" etc., girl/dating-age, depressing news story threads

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Either the Chronic or 2001 or College Dropout, I go back and forth

Best thing about hip hop? Its range - party music, social commentary, dark subject matter, comedic effect, grandiosity

Worst thing? Ignorance/hatred towards certain issues, making the kids I have to deal with complete assholes

Shittiest thing you've ever done? Got addicted to Everquest in high school and submarined my grades (by my standards anyway) or not taking the first 2 years of college seriously

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Is Juicy gonna for real put something out on Wiz's label? Or is he just getting free paychecks off Wiz. lol I'm really leaning toward the free paycheck thing.

Maybe he's just producing. That beat he gave Hodgy was freaking kush nuggets.

filler

Banned
I was listening to some Kanye at work yesterday and Late Registration is better than I remembered it being. Good album, still don't like College Dropout though. Except for All Falls Down, that was always dope.

Recon

Banned
Both of them are not bad. They might not appeal to you, but MBDTF was a fantastic album, albeit a completely different direction. WTT is a lot more listenable than College dropout or Late Registration, despite them being 100x better albums.

Also, might as well get it out of the way early

What the fuck does "listenable" mean here? College Dropout is a classic. It is accessible while still being fantastic. MBDTF is Kanye bitching about random things in the most shallow way possible with uninteresting lyrics and masturbatory production. Add in the fact that a good percentage of the album was regurgitated GOOD Friday tracks, you get a very mediocre album with a shallow "theme" that does nothing new. WTT is a bad album with very few good qualities. NiP is about the only decent thing on the album proper.

Cudi says he's going to leave his label, how? if he contractually owes them another album then he's not going anywhere, they would rather him rot in limbo then release him of this contract

LOZLINK

What the fuck does "listenable" mean here? College Dropout is a classic. It is accessible while still being fantastic. MBDTF is Kanye bitching about random things in the most shallow way possible with uninteresting lyrics and masturbatory production. Add in the fact that a good percentage of the album was regurgitated GOOD Friday tracks, you get a very mediocre album with a shallow "theme" that does nothing new. WTT is a bad album with very few good qualities. NiP is about the only decent thing on the album proper.
I'm not denying CD is better than both of them, but in most situations, I'd put on WTT over CD. When you're riding in the car with friends, you'd rather listen to WTT than CD since it's a lot lighter of an album. WTT doesn't attempt to be CD, it makes it's own lane, which is one you don't like it. We get it. Say what you will about MBDTF, but it was incredibly consistent. Outside of Runaway, every song is from good to great.

Edit: Sorry, every song would've been good to great IF THEY HAD BEEN FUCKING MIXED PROPERLY FUCK YOU KANYE

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Word. Get that lame ass OT3 shit out of here. The newness
----------------------------
First name? Mike

Where'd you get your username?
Went through a tribal phase in the mid 90s. Shut up. It was a different time then.
Age? 31
Where do you live? California
Where are you from? Lived in every corner of the USA.
How'd you end up where you are? Military.
First Hip Hop Album? I honestly don't remember. Probably some bullshit best forgotten.
Top 5 movies? Casablanca, Big Fish, Rushmore, LOTR, Die Hard
Top 5 Video games? Final Fantasy VI, Morrowind, Crono Trigger, Dragon Age: Origins, Neverwinter Nights (this changes all the time, except Crono and FFVI are always there)
What did you read last? The Sandman, entire series start to finish. Again.
What did you watch last? Community and Star Trek:DS9
Favorite non hip hop album? Counting Crows, August and Everything Ever
Favorite Drink? Whiskey on the rocks. Gin and juice. Gin and tonic. Can't choose. Won't choose.
Play any sports? Pretty decent at soccer. Love football, suck hard at it.
How was your high school life? Nerd with no life for half, nerd with game the second.
Bad habits? Alcohol. Arguing with authority. Used to have a real bad issue with relationships.
Employment? Military.
Hobbies? Gaming, cars (not as much anymore, aftermarket mods cost too much), running music, travel, magic the gathering (Yeah, I'm a nerd, suck my dick.) (Goddamn it siddx)
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Lupe Fiasco. I would knock the dreads right off his head, maybe knock the sense back into him that Badu stole with her inexplicable headwear.
Why'd you end up on gaf? I don't remember. Probably Google searching "gaming forum"
Other threads you frequent? NFL GAF, RPG GAF, Magic the Gaffening. Also, I'm oddly drawn to threads involving women's rights.
Threads you avoid like the plague? PoliticGAF. Nothing good ever comes from arguing politics.
Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? The Slim Shady LP. Listening to Rock Bottom motivated me to stop being homeless. For reals.
Best thing about hip hop? The storytelling and imagery you can pack into a well crafted rap song. And it can still make you nod ya head.
Worst thing? Wacka Flacka Flame, Kreyshawn, Gucci, Lil B and people who defend that shit. Ignorant music doesn't have to be shit.
Shittiest thing you've ever done? Nope.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wall of Shame above 200:

iblltetiYo7s4P.png

777, bitches.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
thanks ya cdyhybrid and wanderingwind, now the rest of you crotchstains need to answer do I better understand your insanity and stanity

Recon

Banned
I'm not denying CD is better than both of them, but in most situations, I'd put on WTT over CD. When you're riding in the car with friends, you'd rather listen to WTT than CD since it's a lot lighter of an album. WTT doesn't attempt to be CD, it makes it's own lane, which is one you don't like it. We get it. Say what you will about MBDTF, but it was incredibly consistent. Outside of Runaway, every song is from good to great.

Edit: Sorry, every song would've been good to great IF THEY HAD BEEN FUCKING MIXED PROPERLY FUCK YOU KANYE

There are so many better albums to bump in the car than WTT. You act like because WTT or MBDTF isnt CD I dont like them. That is horseshit. I dont like them because they bring nothing new and are shitty.

WanderingWind

There are so many better albums to bump in the car than WTT. You act like because WTT or MBDTF isnt CD I dont like them. That is horseshit. I dont like them because they bring nothing new and are shitty.

And overproduced. And dull. And shitty. Did you say shitty? They're shitty.

JackEtc

holy shit i just saw the awards results. i died laughing at this
LOL, I never even saw the results thread. That's hilarious.
There's no way you can top "Illmatic = 7.5" so don't worry, jump in!
It's just that since I'm so young (turned 18 last December), I missed out on so much compared to all of you, and the only exposure I got was the shit they play on the radio nowadays, until my manager (who's about 5 years older) had me listen to some Wu-Tang. Then everything made sense to me. That was only about 2 years ago, so I really just started getting into hip-hop. I'm still way behind you all, and just discovering artists and albums and tracks that you guys have probably known for ages.

Haha, for instance, when I did the initiation questions the first time a little over a year ago, I couldn't answer the Jay-Z vs. Nas beef question because I didn't know who Nas was.
Nas totally came out on top, btw. FUCK JAY-Z
Everyone was just like "...Dude, what are you doing." Looking back, I definitely came off looking like a doofus, and I was probably so intimidated and scared of looking even whiter than I already am that I stopped posting and just lurked.

I've been trying to improve though, listening to a lot of what you guys post here, and getting a lot of music from my manager, who's become a sort of "hip-hop ambassador" for me. I've also recently started checking HipHopDX and a few other sites multiple times a day to keep up with what's going on. I'm definitely trying to get better lol. Still have a lot to catch up on, though.

That all being said....GUYS. I just discovered Big Pun and The Beatnuts last week. Holy shit, amazing stuff.

Mangotron

I'm not denying CD is better than both of them, but in most situations, I'd put on WTT over CD. When you're riding in the car with friends, you'd rather listen to WTT than CD since it's a lot lighter of an album.

I can sort of see this. I got my grandma to listen to WTT in the car, it's not a great album but it is fun.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
First name? Kevin
Where'd you get your username? Stole my hip-hop moniker from my brother and it became my DJ name and I am black
Age? 34
Where do you live? Sagamihara, Japan
Where are you from? Seattle
How'd you end up where you are? Majored in Japanese history and said "fuck it"
First Hip Hop Album? Rasing Hell by Run DMC
Top 5 movies? Pulp Fiction, Snatch, Usual Suspects, IB, Jackie Brown (big QT fan)
Top 5 Video games? Wasteland, Fallout: NV, Curse of Azure Bonds, The Movies, Borderlands
What did you read last? Towers of Midnight

What did you watch last? Psych season 2

Favorite non hip hop album? Led Zeppelin II

Favorite Drink? Coke/red bull and anything dark

Play any sports? Hoops

How was your high school life? Basketball and dealing

Bad habits? booze and cigars

Employment? Teacher

Hobbies? Video games, DJing, Writing

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Bow Wow because I met him and he is a douchemonkey

Why'd you end up on gaf? Used to write for GA when they were related

Other threads you frequent? NBA-Gaf and anything about race

Threads you avoid like the plague? Can't really avoid any...need to ban

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? NWA Straight Outta of Compton

Best thing about hip hop? That it can create things like Outkast and the ICP at the same time!

Worst thing? See the best thing...

Shittiest thing you've ever done? Stole from my father in high school

WanderingWind

I can sort of see this. I got my grandma to listen to WTT in the car, it's not a great album but it is fun.

What a ringing endorsement. "The CD so milquetoast it can have lines about snorting coke from a soul-stripped prostitute and still be okay for your grandmother!"

Recon

Banned
First name? Zach

Where'd you get your username? I have no idea. I love Star Wars...other than that I have no clue.
Age? 25
Where do you live? Michigan
Where are you from?Michigan
How'd you end up where you are? I was fucked into existence here.
First Hip Hop Album? E.1999 Eternal was the first hip hop album I could call mine.
Top 5 movies? Star Wars, Shawshank Redemption, Clerks, Seven Samurai, Chasing Amy. Pulp Fiction
Top 5 Video games? Final Fantasy 7, Counter Strike:Source, DOTA(and HoN), Team Fortress 2, Super Mario Bros.3
What did you read last? Game of Thrones
What did you watch last? The Good Wife Season 2
Favorite non hip hop album? The Beatles-Sgt.Peppers
Favorite Drink? Crown and Coke.
Play any sports? Basketball
How was your high school life? Jock with a secret musical passion
Bad habits? Caffeine fiend. I dont consider Weed a bad habit. I also gamble a bit.
Employment? Full time student.
Hobbies? Music. Playing games.
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Andre 3k. Fuck you for wasting your talents.
Why'd you end up on gaf? I posted a ton on Gamespy forums, then IGN bought them and turned them to shit. I briefly found myself on TeamXbox forums, got linked here, never went back.
Threads you avoid like the plague? PoliticGAF.Religion Threads. And the Pedo Gaf threads(Pony/Creepy Gaf)
Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Illmatic. It what makes me want to do music. The poetry of his words is just not found in anything else.
Best thing about hip hop? Poetry is beautiful. Hip Hop is poetry. Thus hip hop is beautiful.
Worst thing? The ignorance: Homophobia,misogyny.
Shittiest thing you've ever done? Robbed a store and did some time for it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

I stole money from my parents in high school too, first it was to buy Cypress Hill's Temple of Boom, since I was living in Indonesia, they only had the CD version, and unlike 99% of the rest of music sold there, it was a real version, not pirated. Therefor it cost 40 bucks. So I stole money, and kept doing so until I overheard them talking about money missing and I freaked the fuck out and never stole from them again.

Also, can't picture you going to school for japanese history. Why'd you pick that major?

.QUOTE]

well shit, I never knew that was the reason you got locked up. Recon got more street cred than the rest of gaf lol.
Also have a bit of a thing for gambling. Blackjack is my shit.

DominoKid

wut

they really aren't. its really obvious when i just shuffle listen through the kid cudi file.

the dream time machine, efflictim and teleport 2 me are some of the best songs he's ever made and would fit in perfectly among his other work.
really the only outlier is the WDYSLN cover.

i think a lot of people forget that Dot has been there from day 1. he made Day N Nite. so this is really a back to basics thing for Cudi.

YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO MIX IN A CASTLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom