• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodust

Banned
Two of the best rappers all time created OutKast

666 ain't got that

Better production, better discography, better everything comes from OutKast

I like Outkast more, too. But arguing that one is leagues above the other when both are fantastic and influential southern groups is idiotic.

Also, and I might be alone here, but as much of an Outkast stan I can be I never considered either of them to be two of the best rappers of all time. They're great, but neither enters the conversation of GOAT to me.

HiResDes

I know I'm a stan but inconsistent?...He's more consistent than Migos, Gucci, pretty much every other artist in his lane besides Thugga.

Martin Luther Key - GOOD
KEYONCE - GOOD
Been Had Boyz - FIRE
Before I Scream - FIRE
FKEYI- FIRE
SCREAMING DREAMS PRELUDE - FIRE
GIVE EM HELL - CULT CLASSIC
FATHERS ARE THE CURSE - CULT CLASSIC

And then he comes through and blesses us with loosies like this:
KEY! - I Love You ft. Omari Shakir (Prod. by Wavy Wallace & Key!)

I don't like Auto tune Key! Outside of FKeyI ep.

Also, I'm more picky about what I consider cult classic and fire so your whole rating is like two notches down in my own filter except Give Em Hell I guess.

Can't see myself going around recommending Key! Projects left and right

HiResDes

I don't like Auto tune Key! Outside of FKeyI ep.

Also, I'm more picky about what I consider cult classic and fire so your whole rating is like two notches down in my own filter except Give Em Hell I guess.

Can't see myself going around recommending Key! Projects left and right

To each his own. I'm gonna live and die on this Key island, where so many of your favorites were born and looted.

LionPride

Banned
I like Outkast more, too. But arguing that one is leagues above the other when both are fantastic and influential southern groups is idiotic.

Also, and I might be alone here, but as much of an Outkast stan I can be I never considered either of them to be two of the best rappers of all time. They're great, but neither enters the conversation of GOAT to me.
666 is influential, I've never liked their music and never thought more than a few songs were good myself.

To each his own. I'm gonna live and die on this Key island, where so many of your favorites were born and looted.
That's fine. I'm aware he seems to have influence a lot of people but that's life. Maybe his purpose is to be trash and influence people that are better than him. Nothing wrong with that. Lil B has done well has he not?

HiResDes

That's fine. I'm aware he seems to have influence a lot of people but that's life. Maybe his purpose is to be trash and influence people that are better than him. Nothing wrong with that. Lil B has done well has he not?

Yeah I'm gonna stop you right there. You obviously tone deaf.

HiResDes

Would say I'll be back when Key! Drops another good project but that might be too long

bgMyK.gif

HiResDes

Well to be fair, I know nothing about the poster, none of the music he likes, whether he's trolling me, whether he's truly a fan of Happy Madison films, nothing...How do you throw shade at a mystery wasteman?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Wale's SHiNE dropped today

Running Back was fire...I'll check it out when I get home.

All these liberated women sitting in my lap
I'm finna catch a body like I got a gun and badge
I'm finna turn Obama to my patna 'fore he dash
Pull up to the pad, wipe my ass with the flag
I'm just playing, baby, this the land of the free
Where you can get a Glock and a gram for the cheap
Where you can live your dreams long as you don't look like me
Be a puppet on a string, hanging from a fucking tree

Humanz is worth it if only for the existence of this song.

Koozek

All these liberated women sitting in my lap
I'm finna catch a body like I got a gun and badge
I'm finna turn Obama to my patna 'fore he dash
Pull up to the pad, wipe my ass with the flag
I'm just playing, baby, this the land of the free
Where you can get a Glock and a gram for the cheap
Where you can live your dreams long as you don't look like me
Be a puppet on a string, hanging from a fucking tree

Humanz is worth it if only for the existence of this song.
I'm trying to guess which rapper this is without googling, lol. No clue, though.

It's okay production almost too busy.
Ascension?

Yeah, I do think the added "Higher" bits are a bit too much, but I really enjoy how frenetic and chaotic that track is.

In addition, "Charger" goes for a bit too long and I wish Danny Brown had more of a presence on "Submission". But, the album's alright, if incredibly top heavy. It's really an album built in the vein of "More Life" where excess was the driving factor when building the tracklist. It really just is a dance playlist for the end of the world, but that makes it the weakest Gorillaz album by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom