• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game dev harassment remains as bad as it was a year ago

Last year, Polygon spoke to developers, both named and those who wished to remain anonymous, about the increasing regularity of that harassment and how, for some, it was the reason they left the game industry.

The problem was so pronounced that the International Game Developers Association was weighing the possibility of creating support groups.

So what difference has a year made?

Not much, it seems.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/19/6002893/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-one-year-later

As far as I'm concerned, some gamers ARE dicks, and I don't blame Phil Fish for raging or flaming in his recent tweets.

It's not one or two assholes he has to deal with, but A LOT. Granted he is a dick, but some of the replies he gets on Twitter has been pretty painful to read. We forget that most game developers don't get one or two threats/insults, but sometimes by the dozens at a time.

royalan

As far as I'm concerned, people need to stay off Twitter. It's a glorified YouTube comments section but worse.

Nothing wrong with using it for publicity. But anyone going there for "community" is doing it wrong at this point. The place is a cesspool.

EDIT: Oop. Why do I always post in these threads?

Top Bottom