• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Freeze/Slowdown problem (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Ok...my nephew came over about a week ago and was playing games on my new system. Right before he left, he locked up the system (first lock up on it ever) while playing BF1942. Since then, I have noticed this "problem" in most of my games I play.

For example...

Max Payne 2 - The game will graphically lock up but the sound will still going. Eventually the game will "catch up" and I can continue...but eventually it locks up too much and I have to restart the game. It never out and out crashes, it just seems to lag or something.

Tiger Woods 2004 - Same thing....I'll be swinging the club and boom...graphics will lock up and eventually the game will catch up but more often with this one it just takes too long so I Alt F4 it rather than wait.

So it doesn't seem like the games are crashing, or permanently locking the system...just like a wave of lag/delay with the graphics. Like in MP2 the cut scenes will play all the audio while the video stays on the first image.

I have totally removed all drivers and reinstalled the newest ones again. Same thing with DirectX (9.0b). Aside from that, I have no idea what may be causing this effect.

Any ideas?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I'll check the overheating thing...seems like the RAM would have went bad months ago if there was a problem no?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Well according to my Speedfan app...temp is at a good level for MB/CPU and overall...opened the case and the vid card wasn't running too hot as far as I could tell. Inside case wasn't too hot either....hmmm

I notice on the last freeze it actually crashed my system and when it booted up Windows said that the NVidia driver caused the problems...so I am now trying a different driver set.

Crossing my fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom