• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones (S5+) and House of the Dragon Messed Up Targaryen Sigil

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/george...-of-the-dragon-for-messing-up-targaryen-sigil

tar-1720716360892.png

Martin outlined his philosophy behind the dragons present in Game of Thrones in a blog post, saying they're designed to be realistic and thus have two legs and "not four, never four," just like bats and birds and winged dinosaurs and every other real animal. "No animal that has ever lived on Earth has six limbs," Martin said.

"For what it's worth, the shows got it half right," Martin said. Game of Thrones gave us the correct two-legged sigils for the first four seasons and most of the fifth, but when Dany’s fleet hove into view, all the sails showed four-legged dragons.

"A couple years on, House of the Dragon decided the heraldry should be consistent with Game of Thrones, but they went with the bad sigil rather than the good one," he said. "That sound you heard was me screaming, 'no, no, no.' Those damned extra legs have even wormed their way onto the covers of my books, over my strenuous objections."

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
No animal that has ever lived on Earth has six limbs," Martin said.

What the fuck? How many legs does a ladybug have you lazy hack?

ManaByte

Motherfucker has no say until he finishes Winds of Winter.

It's been THIRTEEN YEARS since the last book.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/george...-of-the-dragon-for-messing-up-targaryen-sigil

tar-1720716360892.png

Martin outlined his philosophy behind the dragons present in Game of Thrones in a blog post, saying they're designed to be realistic and thus have two legs and "not four, never four," just like bats and birds and winged dinosaurs and every other real animal. "No animal that has ever lived on Earth has six limbs," Martin said.
Those arent dragons then, george. Those are Wyverns.

Top Bottom